Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 6th June 2019 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice Chair) Mary Graham (Secretary), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr.Emma Knox.
Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson
Meeting commenced: 19.39hrs
Minutes of the previous meeting Thursday 2nd May 2019 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.
Police Scotland: Sgt. Bissett introduced himself and gave a resume of his intentions for our area. More visible beat officers and monitoring of motorist’s speed.
- Obituary – Frances Grant. It was noted that the Community has lost a stalwart supporter who for many years has been heavily involved in Community activities. She will be sadly missed. The Community Council’s thoughts condolences to the family.
- Groam Parking issues – research possibility of land near quarry and to allocate a parking area when the quarry is landscaped. E-mail Breedon with request for the date of the next liaison meeting.
- Toll Corner pot holes and verges – THC had made a timely repair although best described as temporary. However it will make it safer for the Highland Cross. Also of note is that the path on the main road is being cut back as we had requested.
- Broken hand rail on Toll Bypass path awaiting repair. THC notified.
- One light in the path is out of action. THC notified and instructions to repair issued.
- Tree limb hanging over road by Aigas Dam. Advised THC who responded quickly and now removed and made safe.
- Glasgow Science Centre on tour. Opportunity to provide something for the youngsters in the school holiday. All in favour of pursuing this further.
- School Bus update: Still issues with double deckers and different drivers. However the schoolkids would prefer a clean newish DD to a worn out and rough single decker which is more often than not what has transpired.
- EHO meeting re substation noise – Findings(Meeting 3rd May 2019) – Noise still recognised as a nuisance confirmed by independent monitors – Abatement notice to stay.
- CLG – Replacement underground cable from Wester Balblair Substation to connect with under Beauly River work to commence in September.
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- Trip to see convertor station at Spittal planned for 10th
- SB suggested research in to the possibility of a sedum roof if the WB Convertor goes ahead.
- Balance £3428.03. £40 payment for Data Protection.
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- JG & MG attended the IACCF presentation on Moray Firth Plan(revision). No new plans for Hinterland development at this time.
- Community Council’s Review Forum on Saturday was cancelled due to lack of support.
- Camesky, Ruilick for a storage building – No objections received.
- Progress of link path at quarry. Email KS to chase.
- Aigas Community Forest. MH gave notice of road side felling with traffic management. It is not expected that the road will be closed for more than ten minutes at any time.
Next meeting: Thursday 5th September 2019 – 7.30pm Ffordes Photographic (the Kirk)
Meeting Closed: 9.25pm