Minutes of Meeting – 3rd December 2015

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 3rd December 2015 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.45pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair) Duncan Fraser(Treasurer),  Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Dr. Jean Davis

Guests: PC K. Mackenzie

Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael

Meeting commenced:  7.40pm.

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 5th November 2015 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: PC Karen Mackenzie reported that there had been no reported crimes in the area. A paper on winter driving had been provided and JG reported it was already on the web site and on the Kilmorack Hall facebook page. PC Mackenzie was thanked for attending and then left.

Matters arising:

  1. SSE road assessment update – Neil Anderson had passed the pictures and report on to THC for consideration and we are now awaiting a response – ongoing
  2. Druim Ba Wind Farm application – KCC has until the end of December to lodge their preliminary comments and until 21st January for a detailed objection. Concerns were expressed about the lens and sensor for the photomontages which yet again were wrong and understated the impact. The impact in an inhabited area was considered unacceptable and so the committee voted to object on non-compliance with THC Policy, HWLDP and Onshore wind farm draft supplementary guidance(Sept 2015). and visual impact. Further more it was agreed that we should support neighbouring Community Councils. Draft letter of objection to be circulated to KCC Community Councillors for comment
  3. Bus Shelter repairs – All agreed that Wester Balblair should be the first one to be repaired. Future improvements will be discussed at a future meeting.
  4. HWLDP – Consultation has been extended to 29th MG to forward link to members. The online consultation is reasonably simple to respond to.
  5. KCC Awards – John Taylor of Community Services (Roads)was recognised for his efforts after being nominated by KCC and Strathnairn CC for the THC Quality Awards which he received.
  6. Aigas Forest Wood Fuel- Thanks to MH for the use of his wood processor and DF for delivery to local pensioners.

Chairman’s Business:

  • SSE Loch Buidhe public debate. The Chairman felt the the new proposed line was the best option. He was disappointed that the old maps had been used and the height of the towers was not shown to scale. He suggested a letter was sent to SSE making this point.
  • Noise monitoring is ongoing.

 Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • Neil Anderson and Alistair Brown (THC) walked the new paths and noted the problems. The car parking on the new path with the dropped kerb to the west was discussed and the legal situation would be looked into. The landscaping on the Toll Path bypass was due to have started in December. Andrew Hogg(SSE) was not available to clarify the situation. NA to be emailed about the seat base.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:  Nothing to report

Finance:

  • Secretary’s fees(£600) were due to be paid and £45 to the men’s shed for the wreath Holders at the Lovat memorial.
  • Balance stands at £2403.35 but once the payments are made the balance will be £1758.35

Planning Matters:  No applications this month

AOCB:  .

  • Community Broadband Survey to be conducted by Aigas Community Forest. Spare questionnaires were available.
  • Uneven road surface on A831 caused by tree roots was getting worse and concerns had been expressed by residents.  JG to contact Community Services(Roads) to discuss whether a cushion or at least warning signs could be provided.

 Next meeting:   4th February 2016 at the Kilmorack Hall. Inaugural meeting of the re-elected Councillors at 7.30pm followed by normal meeting at 7.30pm

Meeting Closed: 9.39pm    

 Signed:

     SB-Small            

 Steve Byford            

Advertisements