Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 1st December 2022 at Beauly Bowls Club starting at 7.30pm.
Present: Steve Byford(Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham, John Stewart(Vice-Chair), Graeme Mackay, John Graham(Secretary), Cllr. Emma Knox.
Apologies: Cllr. Helen Crawford, Cllr. David Fraser, Cllr. Chris Balance, Mark Hedderwick
Meeting Commenced at 19.30hrs (7.30pm)
Minutes of Meeting 3rd November 2022: Proposed: Duncan Fraser, Seconded: John Stewart.
- Nothing Adverse to Report
- Police plan to carry out winter safety checks and stop over the coming months.
- SSE Speed Cameras – Update – Process is under way to procure signs as soon as quotes with THC for installation are finalised. Action imminent. 40mph signs to extend the limit to the substation and to the junction are expected next week.
- Visit Inverness Loch Ness video presentation was run and discussed. Whilst the CC is not sure how it can benefit they are to keep a watching brief.
- Road Repairs – JS and DF identified and categorised the problem points using a What3Words matrix and THC have been advised. They have tasked one of their staff to address this and identify the points.
- Reduction in size of rubbish bins was clarified as a press over reaction albeit there are Government plans to increase recycling by 2025. THC have no immediate plans to reduce black/green bin sizes. Damaged bin at Teanassie have not yet been replaced. EK to chase.
- The Chairman demonstrated the What3Words app and suggested we should make the local residents more aware of it’s benefits. With postcodes so diverse in our area a method that identifies the area to within ten feet is of benefit to the emergency services. Add details to web site..
- Beaver Consultation – No response yet from Trees for Life but Government white paper is still awaited with interest. DF remarked of serious issues in Tayside with blocked field drains and flooded fields.
- Toll road resurfacing now complete but water run off from the quarry still a concern. Secretary to write to SSEN thanking them for the work but pointing out the ongoing risk and asking if a drainage channel could be added in the quarry entrance.
- Dates of the next meetings up to April AGM were proposed and agreed.
- New Ward Manager, Martin Mackay, has taken up post and will also cover Ardersier and Petty and Culloden and Croy .
- Wear something bright at night – discussion re awareness campaign, school children and dog walkers.
- Balance stands at £3857.84
Planning: No applications
- Chief Executive of THC, Donna Manson, has resigned and will be moving to a similar post in Devon. THC will be recruiting a successor.
Meeting Closed: at 21.01hrs (9.01pm)
Next Meeting: Thursday 1st February at Beauly Bowls Club starting at 7.30pm