Minutes of Meeting, 7th June 2018

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 7th June  2018 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary),  John Graham., Cllr. Emma Knox, Sgt. Julie Connor.

Apologies:  Mark Hedderwick, Duncan Fraser, Cllr. Margaret Davidson.

Meeting commenced: 19.35hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 10th May   2018  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by John Graham, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.

Police Scotland:  Sgt. Julie Connor. No incidents in KCC area and no emerging trends in neighbouring CCs. Police Scotland are advertising for two more officers for the ward area. One has reached interview stage and hopes to be in place by August.

Matters arising:                                                                             

  • Kilmorack Cemetery – MG and JG met Cllr. Margaret Davidson and Hugh Gardner, Head of Bereavement Management at Kilmorack Cemetery.

(1) Grass path to East extension was discussed and problem of replacing with a proper path came down to compliance with standardised width. Extra paths above the new graves would reduce the available lairs considerably. The opinion was that a narrower path within the curtilage of the graves would be compliant under the standard of reasonable action(EK). Paths up hill could be compliant, albeit with the loss of lairs, and that was considered acceptable with consideration given to possible extension of the graveyard in the future.

(2) Visitors walking over of corner of grave by the water tap can be addressed by the erection of a small wicket fence.

(3)Bins will be emptied more regularly and a three sided wooden fence will be paced around the bins in the cemetery

(4) Sinkage of graves was discussed and we were informed that THC were recruiting two more seasonal staff to address these issues.

(5) The overgrown beech hedge was discussed with the option of pollarding and trimming back. HG will explore the options.

  • Minute of Agreement with THC for grass cutting agreed and signed by Chair.
  • Toll Path – SB and JS are discussing options for a contractor. Altyre cutting planned for w/c 11th
  • Your Cash, Your Choice – Ideas: lifebelts for River Beauly near fishing stands. Ask DF and consult with Beauly Fishing Club.

Chairman’s Report:

  • No date offered for SSE CLG re noise issues. Email to Kelly Scott. Awaiting reply.

Vice Chairman’s Report:

  • Breedon not yet replied re Toll Junction repairs. John Taylor (THC) chasing. MG reminded the meeting that damaged road surface would pose a hazard for cyclists during the Highland Cross. JS and Cllr. Emma Knox to follow up.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Order for Poppy Wreath – approved

Treasurer’s Report: Late apology

PlanningMatters:

  • 18/02375/FUL – Yellowbrook Cottage, Farley, Beauly –ag buiding (no objections)

 AOCB:

Next meeting: Thursday 6th September 2018 – 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)           

Meeting Closed: 21.05hrs                                                                           

Signed:

 SB-Small                                                                     

 Steve Byford

Chairman           

Advertisements

Minutes of Meeting, 10th May 2018

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 10th May  2018 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), John Graham., Cllr. Margaret Davidson.

Apologies:  Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Emma Knox.

Meeting commenced: 19.36hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 5th April   2018  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Steve Byford, seconded by Duncan Fraser – Approved.

Police Scotland:  No officer available.

Matters arising:                                                                             

  • Road Repairs – Most pot holes have now been filled. DF remarked that there are a couple on the top road which remain to be done.
  • Funding for Altyre Path Maintenance – JG reported invoice for funding had been sent to THC. We are still awaiting the final contract. Ditch has to be cleared on Altyre path (THC) and an area still needs to be raised. THC has agreed supplementary funding as part of our contract. JS to speak to contractor.
  • Toll Bypass/Altyre weed clearance – Query an application of roundup twice a year. JG to purchase some and JG and DF to arrange application. Grass cutting – contact Kevin Robertson re their quote.
  • Litter Pick – Aigas Field Centre to clear from CC boundary to Aigas Dam. We need to arrange the rest of the road.
  • Kilmorack Cemetery update – JG to meet with Cllr. Margaret Davidson and Hugh Gardner (Head of Bereavement Services – THC) on 18th May at 10.00am at Kilmorack Cemetery.

Chairman’s Report:

  • SB reported that the remaining sand/stone from the SSE house to be sold.
  • Substation Noise still heard in Wester Balblair. Email Kelly Scott re next Community Liaison Meeting.

 Vice Chairman’s Report:

  • Commemorative Plaque for Toll Path seat has arrived and general opinion chose the dark wood as backing. DF and JS to arrange installation.

.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Police Scotland want info leaflet about Bogus Callers disseminated. SB to print and arrange delivery.
  • Draft Wayfinding Strategy Inverness – Details online.

 Treasurer’s Report:

  • No transactions.£36.54 for seat plaque Balance stands at £1928.11.

PlanningMatters:

  • 18/01771/FUL – Teanassie Lodge. Revised plans. No objections
  • 18/0718/PNO – Teanroit PNO – No objections

 AOCB:

  • Caravan by Dunmore (abandoned/vandalised) JG to speak to John Taylor (Community Services-Roads) for advice.
  • Access into Altyre House – Road drain has collapsed. SB has contacted Kelly Scott(SSEN). Arranging for repair.
  • Toll Junction repair – Email Breedon cc MD to have repair done before the Highland Cross.

 

Next meeting: Thursday 7th June 2018 – 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)

           

Meeting Closed: 21.11hrs                                                                           

Signed:

  SB-Small                                                                    

 Steve Byford

Chairman           

Minutes of Meeting 5th April 2018

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 5th April  2018 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.45pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), John Graham, Cllr. Emma Knox

Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Mark Hedderwick

Meeting commenced: 19.40hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 1st March 2018  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.

Police Scotland:  PC Scott Maclean attended – No incidents in KCC area. A reminder to communicate clear addresses and relevant details if calling new call centre.

Matters arising:                                                                             

  • Road repairs – Road repairs have started and community councillors commended THC on work to date. Outstanding potholes: KCC to contact THC with details and locations.
  • SSE Towers – new lower towers under construction. Will be completed when power outage granted.
  • Altyre Path flooding: THC to rod the drain. JC to chase re maintenance grant.
  • Toll Kerbing – The agreed kerbing is complete but the re-surfacing of the junction is on hold due to weather conditions.

Chairman’s Report: No Report

Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • Munro memorial plaque ordered.
  • Maintenance of zig-zag planting (Toll Bypass Path): Ask for volunteers and arrange date.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • SFRS Consultation – Email link

Treasurer’s Report:

  • No transactions. Balance stands at £1964.65

PlanningMatters: None

AOCB:

  • Grass cutting is now to be done in house by THC but, despite requests, we have yet to ascertain which areas (WB) will be done and on what frequency.
  • Litter – Arrange a litter pick for the Cannich Road.
  • Comments on new bus stop by Kiltarlity turn
  • ACF – JG gave an update on currant activity
  • WB Notice Board – Repairs – JG to contact Russell Ross. DF to speak to men’s shed.
  • Winter Resilience- SSE new grants available. JG suggested we look at last year’s awards and see if anything of relevance is flagged up.

Next meeting: Thursday 3rd May 2018 – 7.30pm at Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)        

Meeting Closed: 21.10hrs                                                                           

Signed:

   SB-Small                                                                   

 Steve Byford

Chairman