Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 7th June 2018 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham., Cllr. Emma Knox, Sgt. Julie Connor.
Apologies: Mark Hedderwick, Duncan Fraser, Cllr. Margaret Davidson.
Meeting commenced: 19.35hrs
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 10th May 2018 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Graham, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.
Police Scotland: Sgt. Julie Connor. No incidents in KCC area and no emerging trends in neighbouring CCs. Police Scotland are advertising for two more officers for the ward area. One has reached interview stage and hopes to be in place by August.
- Kilmorack Cemetery – MG and JG met Cllr. Margaret Davidson and Hugh Gardner, Head of Bereavement Management at Kilmorack Cemetery.
(1) Grass path to East extension was discussed and problem of replacing with a proper path came down to compliance with standardised width. Extra paths above the new graves would reduce the available lairs considerably. The opinion was that a narrower path within the curtilage of the graves would be compliant under the standard of reasonable action(EK). Paths up hill could be compliant, albeit with the loss of lairs, and that was considered acceptable with consideration given to possible extension of the graveyard in the future.
(2) Visitors walking over of corner of grave by the water tap can be addressed by the erection of a small wicket fence.
(3)Bins will be emptied more regularly and a three sided wooden fence will be paced around the bins in the cemetery
(4) Sinkage of graves was discussed and we were informed that THC were recruiting two more seasonal staff to address these issues.
(5) The overgrown beech hedge was discussed with the option of pollarding and trimming back. HG will explore the options.
- Minute of Agreement with THC for grass cutting agreed and signed by Chair.
- Toll Path – SB and JS are discussing options for a contractor. Altyre cutting planned for w/c 11th
- Your Cash, Your Choice – Ideas: lifebelts for River Beauly near fishing stands. Ask DF and consult with Beauly Fishing Club.
- No date offered for SSE CLG re noise issues. Email to Kelly Scott. Awaiting reply.
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- Breedon not yet replied re Toll Junction repairs. John Taylor (THC) chasing. MG reminded the meeting that damaged road surface would pose a hazard for cyclists during the Highland Cross. JS and Cllr. Emma Knox to follow up.
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- Order for Poppy Wreath – approved
Treasurer’s Report: Late apology
- 18/02375/FUL – Yellowbrook Cottage, Farley, Beauly –ag buiding (no objections)
Next meeting: Thursday 6th September 2018 – 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)
Meeting Closed: 21.05hrs