Minutes of Meeting Thursday 3rd November 2022(Draft)

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 3rd November 2022 at Beauly Bowls Club starting at 7.30pm.

Present: Steve Byford(Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham,  John Stewart(Vice-Chair), Graeme Mackay, John Graham(Secretary), Cllr. David Fraser, Cllr. Emma Knox, Cllr. Chris Balance.

Apologies: Cllr. Helen Crawford, Mark Hedderwick

Meeting Commenced at 19.32hrs (7.32pm)

Minutes of Meeting 22nd  September 2022: Proposed: Steve Byford, Seconded: Graham Mackay

Matters Arising:

  • SSE Speed Cameras – Update – This is in the hands of the project engineer and we have yet to receive clarification.
  • Beauly Cluster Consultation – This was discussed in detail and the issues are re-siting of the Kilmorack Dam transformer and flood alleviation(SEPA) at Aigas Dam. Next consultation will be in January 2023.
  • Road Repairs – Dry weather precluded identifying the main problem areas but with more rain they can be easier identified and we will map the priorities shortly .
  • Our Future Highland Survey was discussed and a response formulated.

Chairman’s Business:

  • CLG Liaison Meeting-  Much of this had been discussed under the Beauly Cluster but SB and Cllr David Fraser  reported on the other issues not least local employment and encouraging SSE to employ more local contractors. Other issues such as the new lines were also remarked on.

Vice Chairman:

  • Path cutback and Altyre mowing completed for this year and just fractionally under budget.

Secretary:

  • Beauly Cluster response and Beaver response sent- Report on Beaver Consultation delayed but in progress
  • Kilmorack Community Hall AGM – 20th November 2022, 7.00pm. Some mew Officers and new Chairman sought.

Treasurer:

  • Balance stands at £3857.84

Planning:

  • 22/04117/FUL Ornum House – Discussed and objection raised on over development and contrary to IMFLDP- Hinterland Development

ANOB:

Meeting Closed: at 21.10hrs (9.10pm)

Next Meeting: Thursday 1st December at Beauly Bowls Club starting at 7.30pm

Signed:

Minutes Of Meeting Thursday 22nd September 2022

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 22nd September 2022 at Beauly Bowls Club starting at 7.30pm.

Present: Steve Byford(Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham,  John Stewart(Vice-Chair), Graeme Mackay, Mark Hedderwick, John Graham(Secretary)

Apologies: Cllr. David Fraser, Cllr. Emma Knox, Cllr. Helen Crawford

Meeting Commenced at 19.35hrs (7.35pm)

Minutes of Meeting 8th September 2022: Proposed: Steve Byford, Seconded: Duncan Fraser

Matters Arising:

  • SSE Speed Cameras – Update _ nothing heard, JG to chase
  • Beauly Cluster Consultation – This was discussed and it was requested that a response be copied to Simon Hindson and David Mudie to advise them of our concerns prior to any planning application.
  • Road repairs – no action yet.
  • SGA Meeting – Secretary to advice Councillors of the time of the meeting

Chairman’s Business:

  • CLG Liaison Meeting- Planning for upgrade for the 132kv upgrade has been passed. Loch Buidhe upgrade had been discussed.
  • Beaver Presentation – SB to draft a letter expressing our concerns.
  • R100 Internet provision – SB reported on the rather disappointing response to R100 in the area.

Vice Chairman:

  • Path cutback completed at a cost of £400 and Altyre cutting has been completed.

Treasurer:

  • Balance stands at £5275.84
  • SB proposed a payment of £200 to the secretary.

Planning: Nothing to report

ANOB: No items

Meeting Closed: at 21.10hrs (9.10pm)

Next Meeting: Thursday 3rd November at Beauly Bowls Club starting at 7.30pm

Signed:

Minutes of Meeting Thursday 8th September 2022

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 8th September 2022 at Beauly Bowls Club starting at
7.30pm.

Present: Steve Byford(Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham, John Stewart(Vice-Chair),
Graeme Mackay, Mark Hedderwick, John Graham(Secretary)

Apologies: Cllr. David Fraser, Cllr. Chris Balance, Cllr. Emma Knox, Cllr. Helen Crawford
Guests: Bryony Beck, Visit Loch Ness Tourism

Meeting Commenced at 19.30hrs (7.30pm)
• SB asked for a minutes silence to mark the death of Her Majesty Queen Elisabeth who
passed away this afternoon.
• SB stated the meeting would be curtailed in deference to the sad news recently received
although urgent matters would be briefly dealt with.

Matters Arising:
• Bryony Beck of Visit Inverness Loch Ness Tourism was invited to present a short resume of
that organisation.
• It was reported that the Caulternich Battery Storage planning application had been refused
but that that decision could be appealed.
• Secretary asked approval for the acquisition of a Wreath for the British Legion service of
Commemoration. £30 was agreed.
• The part funding of a response to the scoping report from Ian Kelly to the Fairburn Extension was approved and it should be presented in the KCC name.
• 10th September World Suicide Prevention Day. With several attempts recently on the
Kessock Bridge the Chairman asked the secretary to publish the information to the Kilmorack Hall FB page.

Treasurer:
• DF confirmed that recent bills for Simon Dakin and the RBL had been paid but we were still
in funds. It was agreed that Simon Dakin should address the growth of gorse beside the
paths.


The meeting was then closed and further business was deferred to Thursday 22nd September 2022,
again at the Beauly Bowls Club.

Meeting Closed: at 19.52hrs (7.52pm)

Next Meeting: Thursday 22nd September at Beauly Bowls Club starting at 7.30pm

Signed:

Minutes of Meeting Thursday 9th June 2022

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 9th June 2022 by Zoom starting at 8.00pm.

Present: Steve Byford(Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham,  John Stewart(Vice-Chair), Graeme Mackay, Mark Hedderwick, John Graham(Secretary), Cllr Emma Knox, Cllr Helen Crawford, Cllr Chris Ballance.

Apologies: Cllr. David Fraser

Guests:

Meeting Commenced at 20.00hrs (8.00pm) SB welcomed our new Ward Councillors and introduced our Community Councillors to them.

Minutes of Previous Meeting Wednesday 3rd May 2022 – Proposed DF, Seconded JS. Passed.

Police Scotland: Written report had been circulated in advance but the Secretary read out the salient points. SB referred to some recent cases of attempted fraud via Gumtree and asked that warnings be posted on the Hall FB page and the KCC web site as well as making the local Police aware.

Matters Arising:

  • Ditches and Drains – SB spoke of the online reporting feature which was addressed later under Chairman’s Business but it was agreed that GM and SB would do a recce of the area and list the problems to THC.
  • SSE has provisionally agreed to supply speed awareness cameras subject to the agreement from THC.
  • ACF is pleased to confirm that the new composting loo, with disabled access, is now installed and operational. Road closure for felling by the A831 is pending but yet to be confirmed. Contractors are presently clearing windblow.
  • Picnic area now cut with the new Forest tractor and verge mower. Originally purchased to clear the roads and paths in the forest but available to cut the grass in the car park which adjoins the forest. Machinery worked fine but operator needs a bit of practice!
  • Beauly Cluster Consultation notified for the 22nd June at Kilmorack Hall and virtually on the 28th June.

Chairman’s Business:

  • SB reported on the CLG and expressed some dissatisfaction on the way SSE chose four sites to comply with Ofgem of which obviously only one is their preferred option. This causes much stress to the local populace not helped by off-site mapping (Google flat earth) that takes no account of the topography and practical consideration of the other sites.  The minutes of the CLG meeting had only arrived that afternoon and had yet to be considered.
  • SB had tried the online reporting of road issues and was awaiting to see how long it would take to address the corner up by Charlie Barclay. SB and GM to list the problem areas when SB returns from holiday.  

Vice Chairman:

  • JS and DF attended then Wester Balblair(Breedons) Quarry CLG meeting with Chris Bremner which commenced with a tour of the quarry. Whilst the quarry is scheduled to close by 2026 there are ongoing discussions regarding an extension with test bores planned [these we are informed by MH have been cancelled without explanation at this time]. Any extension would need planning and it is likely that there would be strong objection from those living over the river. Phase one Regeneration is progressing well with phase two due to commence in twelve months. Dust damping is available this summer should conditions dictate. Breedon will consider support the speed awareness signs if required. SSE is presently addressing the bell mouth to the quarry prior to the sub station extension. JS again referred to the flooding and asked that this be considered with the bell mouth improvements.
  • JS mentioned the difficulty contacting Simon Dakin for his latest invoice. He is working away and only back at weekends and his digs have no internet connection.
  • JS informed the Community Council of a plaque of rats in Wester Balbair. THC Pest Control office have been informed. It was questioned whether someone keeping chickens and not properly securing the feed store may be the issue.  

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence: Nothing to report

Treasurer:

  • DF confirmed the balance stood at £3917.71 but we are still awaiting two outstanding invoices.

Planning Applications: None

ANOB:

  • MH mentioned that some sightlines were compromised and needed attention. Some of the younger drivers are not driving with consideration to the roads. Cllr Emma Knox to contact John Taylor. It was noted that last year they were addressed quite early. There has been an explosion of growth over the last few weeks.

Meeting Closed: at 21.10hrs (9.10pm) SB thanked our new Councillors for attending.

Next Meeting: Thursday 8th September (Time and location to be confirmed)

Signed:

Minutes of Meeting Tuesday 3rd May 2022(Draft)

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 3rd May 2022 by Zoom starting at 8.00pm.

Present: Steve Byford(Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham,  John Stewart(Vice-Chair), John Graham(Secretary), Cllr Emma Knox

Apologies: Graeme MacKay, Mark Hedderwick,Cllr. David Fraser

Guests:

Meeting Commenced at 20.00hrs (8.00pm)

Minutes of Previous Meeting Wednesday 7th April 2022 – Proposed SB, Seconded DF. Passed.

Police Scotland: Written report had been circulated in advance.

Matters Arising:

  • Ditches and Drains – JG had met Alan Johnstone by chance and was able to discuss the bitumen shortage which had now been resolved with supplies from Venezuela. SB will try the potholes hotline to expedite the more urgent areas. Otherwise the situation is ongoing.
  • SSE Community Resilience Funding – KCH had been informed but no response as of yet. JG to contact them for an update.
  • Kilmorack Cemetery – A complaint had been received regarding the condition of the Cemetery and the Secretary had visited. Recent grass growth had rather overtaken the graves and Hugh Gardner (Project Manager, Bereavements) has been made aware. He is sending a team to address the problem.

Chairman’s Business:

  • Quarry – The Chairman had received a noise complaint from a resident outwith Kilmorack CC area but had addressed the issue by contacting the EHOs and Gregor McCormick. It is likely the noise issue has been aggravated by the crusher being in the quarry and Breedon has apologised for failing to advise us of that fact. It is felt that the clearance of trees to the River area will continue to exacerbate the issue. There is a CLG meeting with Breedons on the 19th May to which John Stewart and Duncan Fraser will attend.
  • Battery storage application. Local residents had been asking what is happening with that and SB asked Cllr Emma Knox if she was aware of any movement. No one seems to have heard any news from that area.  

Vice Chairman:

  • JS’s new neighbour had complained about the speed of some cars coming down the Altyre. JS commented that, especially in the evening, it has become a bit of a race track. She has a young daughter and is concerned for her welfare. SB suggested the option of a Radar Speed sign which we had proposed to SSE for the main road. SSE have yet to respond and may need chasing. Will be brought up at the next Beauly CLG meeting.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • The Secretary reported on three options for meetings. KCH may be available for alternative week Monday meetings, Beauly Shinty Club had offered their committee room which seats ten foc. (Thursday is training night so there may be some external noise), The Tarradale Room at the Muir of Ord Hub is available at £12 per hour. Tea and coffee and audio visual equipment is available. It was felt the next meeting will be Zoom which leaves us the summer to make a decision.
  • The provisional dates for the rest of this years meeting had been circulated and after some modification were presented to the Council. Subject to a decision on meeting venues these may change.

Treasurer:

  • DF confirmed the balance stood at £3917.71.

Planning Applications:

  • House at land 100m NE of Tor View House, Torgormack, Beauly  application has been granted.

ANOB:

  • The Osprey/Peregrine situation has taken a turn for the worse with some eighteen cars there over the Bank Holiday Sunday. As the situation had been under some control until then it was somewhat frustrating. Sir JLK has written to NatureScot, the Police and other bodies remonstrating that something has to be done less we lose these Red List birds. SB brought the subject of trail cameras and that will be explored.
  • Aigas/Kilmorack Dam upgrades – Received today new places of interest for siting the substations. Neither sites featured on the original options. The preferred option seems to be on SSE land below the dam. 

Meeting Closed: at 21.03hrs (9.03pm)

Next Meeting: Thursday 9th June at 8.00pm (by Zoom).

Signed:

Minutes of Meeting, Thursday 7th April 2022

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 7th April 2022 by Zoom starting at 8.00pm.

Present: Steve Byford(Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham,  Graham Mackay, John Graham(Secretary), Cllr David Fraser,  Cllr Emma Knox

Apologies: John Stewart,Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr Emma Knox

Guests: Iain Stewart

Meeting Commenced at 20.03hrs (8.03pm)

Minutes of Previous Meeting Wednesday 3rd March 2022 – Proposed DF, Seconded SB. Passed.

Police Scotland: No report.

Matters Arising:

  • Ditches and Drains – Meeting with John Taylor has yet to take place but the situation in Russia has meant a shortage of bitumen which will seriously impact on road repairs just when funding was available. However this should allow concentration on ditches and culverts which could be to our benefit.
  • Ukraine – Three donations/fund raising events from Aigas Community Forest, Aigas Golf Club and Ffordes Photographic have shown the Community generosity and Steve Byford has made one of houses available for refugees but had found the system cumbersome and frustrating. Cllr Margaret Davidson said both the Home Office and Scottish Government had been cumbersome and a lot of red tape needing cutting out. However as these were women and children proper checks were necessary and that was understood. Hopefully the system will improve shortly.
  • Beauly Kilmorack Trust – SB reported that he had been contacted by Beauly CC and had asked for further details. GM had been in some discussions but was still awaiting more detail. Cllr. Margaret Davidson commented that there are considerable grants available but as CCs are not corporate bodies they must establish a trust to access them. ACF and KCH are trusts and may provide an avenue to access funding. However they have defined objectives. GM to liaise with Beauly CC and further discuss options.
  • SSE £1million Resilience Fund. The Secretary reported he had suggested to KCH to revisist the option of making the hall ready for connection to a generator and made them aware that funds are available. SB commented that since the winter storms and potential climate changes we should address this issue with a mind that funding is available. A register of qualified Chainsaw operators was one suggestion. SB asked that the Council apply there thoughts to measures that would benefit the Community and the Secretary liaise with KCH.

Chairman’s Business:

  • The Chairman expressed some regret but understanding that Cllr. Margaret Davidson was retiring as a Councillor at the forthcoming May elections. He thanked her for all her support over the years and this was fully supported by the rest of the Community Councillors. MD said that she would still be around and had enjoyed her relationship with Kilmorack CC. She remarked that Energy Security had become the latest Government edict and that will impact Wester Balblair. There were grand schemes for Scotland and we will need to address these directly and make our voices heard. The Chair joined the rest of the Community Council in wishing Cllr Davidson the best for the future.

Vice Chairman: No business

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence: No business

Treasurer:

  • DF confirmed the balance stood at £3919.71.

Planning Applications:

  • One planning application had been circulated to the Council but no issues identified.

ANOB:

  • Kilmorack Cemetery is looking to extend and the Chair requested that the Secretary contacted Hugh Gardener of the Cemeteries to arrange a meeting to discuss options.

Meeting Closed: at 20.57hrs (8.57pm)

Next Meeting: Tuesday 3rd May at 8.00pm (by Zoom).

Signed:

Minutes of Meeting Thursday 3rd March 2022

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 3rd March 2022 by Zoom starting at 8.00pm.

Present: Steve Byford(Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham,  Graham Mackay, John Graham(Secretary), Cllr David Fraser,  Cllr Emma Knox

Apologies: John Stewart,Mark Hedderwick

Guests: None

Meeting Commenced at 20.03hrs (8.03pm)

Minutes of Previous Meeting Wednesday 3rd November 2021 – Proposed SB, Seconded DF. Passed.

Police Scotland: No report.

Matters Arising:

  • Ditches and Drains – Access to the Quarry will be improved by SSE as part of their development but temporary repairs have been made by The Highland Council. Croyard Road  has had the road sweeper which has improved the surface a little but blocked drains has pushed water on to the road and resurfacing is now urgent. A site meeting with John Taylor or his deputy is still on the cards but demands on his department has delayed this, Junction on Altyre by Charlie Barclays is now in need of quite extensive repair but SB will address this at meeting with Community Services(Roads). SB referred to the online potholes and lighting notification line and congratulated The Highland Council lighting department for a prompt repair to a road light that he had reported.

Chairman’s Business:

  • Beauly CLG meeting: Much concern expressed about future five and ten year plans which seems to include a 400KVA line connecting Dounreay to Blackhillock and Wester Balbair as a triangle. This would be the size of Beauly Denny and all overhead towers and lines. Aesthetically horrendous and if terminating at Wester Balblair doubling the size of the transmission hub. It cannot be envisaged how noise issues could be contained. SB addressed the issue of the new sites for the hydro dams referring to the stress caused to many residents as unacceptable. Noise: SSE want to remove the abatement order but reports suggests that they have only just scraped in with an acceptable level. SB made the point that the noise was still intrusive and one two sites were recorded. There must be a commitment to ongoing monitoring as the current situation leaves much to be desired. SB to contact planning department to ask for stringent conditions to be placed on any planning consent and they must be enforcible.
  • A residents request for attention to possibly unstable trees near Kilmorack Hall has been received and John Taylor is sending a team out to investigate and also referred this to check on landowner responsibility.

Vice Chairman: No business

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • We have been invoiced for a further year of Zoom meetings at £119.90. Treasurer will ensure that Secretary is reimbursed.

Treasurer:

  • DF confirmed Zoom and Insurance had been paid and balance stands at £3930.71.

Planning Applications:

  • One planning application in Torgormack had been notified to all Councillors. There may be a general issue of The Inner Moray Firth Development Plan-building in the Hinterland and over-development of the area. A comment will be placed on the Planning application.

ANOB:

  • Mark Hedderwick had requested information for a Struy resident regarding bus shelters. Cllr. David Fraser commented that Strathglass were looking into this and would appreciate any advice. JG agreed to forward the synopsis of information to hand to Strathglass CC.
  • SB referred to the situation in Ukraine and wondered if we could offer any assistance to refugees. It was suggested that at this time the Charities and in many cases their families will have this in hand but should any refugees arrive in the area we will extend a welcome and whatever help we can give.

Meeting Closed: at 20.56hrs (8.56pm)

Next Meeting: Thursday 8th April (AGM) at 8.00pm (by Zoom) and normal meeting thereafter.

Signed:

Minutes of Meeting Thursday 10th February 2022

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 10th February 2022 by Zoom starting at 8.00pm.

Present: Steve Byford(Chair), John Stewart(Vice Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham,  Graham Mackay, John Graham(Secretary), Cllr David Fraser,  Cllr Margaret Davidson.

Apologies: Mark Hedderwick

Guests: None

Meeting Commenced at 20.03hrs (8.03pm)

Minutes of Previous Meeting Wednesday 3rd November 2021 – Proposed SB, Seconded JS. Passed.

Police Scotland: No access to Zoom yet but forward any concerns. No report.

Matters Arising:

  • Ditches and Drains – Ongoing but drain by WB needs jetting. Cllr David Fraser to speak with John Taylor.
  • SSE Resilience – Communication regarding storms was good and the network proved reasonably resilient in Kilmorack. There were people out in Breakachy for a few days. Internet was adversely affected though as were phone lines. With Tore out for several days internet access to the area broadband was compromised but not as badly as BT Broadband for many customers. However in the circumstances all services worked in difficult conditions to reconnect.
  • There have been a number of trees across the A831 on the steep cliffs above Aigas Dam. THC has been clearing up the debris and attending to the drains. Some work is probably still necessary. There are still a number of large trees overhanging the road which are causing some concern.

Chairman’s Business:

  • SSE Noise abatement: SB reported on a meeting with Cllr. David Fraser, Gregor and Zoe to consider the 143page report on the latest noise analysis. SB suggested the report was hard going but the executive summary easier to comprehend. Essentially the latest figures suggest the SSEN have reduced noise levels to an acceptable if borderline level. The noise is reduced but not to pre-2010 levels. It is of some concerns that projected upgrades may worsen the situation and THC may need to re-introduce the abatement order or even issue a stop notice. SSEN will continue to work with the Community on noise levels and nuisance. It is suggested that we write to environmental health and planning to ask that clear conditions be imposed on the forthcoming planning applications and any further ones going forward. Cllr MD stated that SSEN had achieved their targets but wondered how SSE would monitor the situation in the future. It is clear that although conditions have been achieved, they are still very much borderline. It is recommended that KCC write to Rob Macdonald, head of SSEN and note the outcome of the report and ask them for ongoing monitoring and also have a clear plan for more mitigation that is needed to improve further. Cllr DF had some concerns that offsetting demand may have been engineered to pass test. This need continuous testing in place reporting to KCC. The siting of replacement off dam transformers for Aigas and Kilmorack should be notified to the community by April. This is causing a significant level of stress to those in the immediate area where SSE Hydro have surveyed possible sites.
  • The next CLG meeting will take place next Tuesday by Teams.

Vice Chairman: No other business

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Dates for next meetings were confirmed with the next two by Zoom. THC have confirmed face to face meetings are now acceptable with a choice for participants to wear masks. However the CC has decided to retain the status quo for the time being.

Treasurer:

  • DF confirmed balance stands at £4213.31 but with two small cheques yet to be presented.

Planning Applications:

  • Cllr MD to check on the progress regarding planning application for the Caulternich Battery Storage.
  • No other applications of note not circulated to Community Councillors.

ANOB:

  • Murray Hamilton wood yard – complaints received of seven day working. SB to contact Lovat.
  • Lifespan of quarry still anticipated as 2025 although Lovat did suggest an extension may be favourably considered. Management of Breedon’s are still considering their options of a three year extension. JS to contact Kris Bremner for clarification and update on the current plans.
  • Drainage Wester Balblair

Meeting Closed: at 20.59hrs (8.59pm)

Next Meeting: Thursday 3rd Marchst at 8.00pm (by Zoom)

Signed: Steve Byford

Minutes of Meeting Thursday 2nd December 2021

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 2nd December 2021 by Zoom starting at 8.00pm.

Present: Steve Byford(Chair), John Stewart(Vice Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham,  Mark Hedderwick, Graham Mackay, John Graham(Secretary), Cllr David Fraser, Cllr Emma Knox, Cllr Margaret Davidson.

Apologies:

Guests: None

Meeting Commenced at 20.03hrs (8.03pm)

Minutes of Previous Meeting Wednesday 3rd November 2021 – Proposed DF, Seconded JS. Passed.

Police Scotland: No report.

Matters Arising:

  • Ditches and Drains – Map of area indicating areas of concern now circulating to Cllr DF and Graham Mackay
  • Altyre path upgrade. Many thanks to Mark Hedderwick for the improvements to the bottom of Altyre and thanks to Breedon for supplying the materials(30tons subbase and 10tons quarry dust). JS to email the CC’s official appreciation.
  • SSEN objection now lodged with THC Planning. Pressure to be maintained in the interests of the Community.

Chairman’s Business:

  • CLG report. Regarding the re-siting of infrastructure for Aigas and Kilmorack dams the Vice Chairman reported that he got the impression that the sites considered were not suitable. A proposal should be forthcoming in April. There will be a meeting regarding noise between THC and SSEN. It was suggested that KCC request a meeting with Directors at SSEN rather than the PR and junior engineers.
  • Broadband Prospects: SB reported on the R100 option and expressed some frustration that few houses are entitled to the full grant which make the project financially challenging. A lot of the data is inaccurate and reliant on information given by interested parties. Nore Political pressure is needed.

Vice Chairman:

  • Breedons – JS had a meeting with Kris Bremner. The trees around the Woodland Walk need thinning and Breedons will look at this. Also the condition of the road at the bellmouth needs resurfacing and will be done sometime. SSEN may be asked for a contribution. The last phase of extraction will require some trees to the Groam side to be felled. Whilst the original option for expansion was not on the cards, Lovat have more recently left the option open for discussion. There has been an expression of interest in a battery storage site and that has been referred to Lovat. Breedons asked if we have had any issues with dust and/or noise over the summer.  

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence: Nothing to report

Treasurer:

  • DF confirmed balance stands at £4213.31

Planning Applications: Nothing to Report.

ANOB:

  • MG raised the issue of Resilience following the damage of Storm Arwen in the each and the potential damage of Storm Barra within the next 48hours. Biggest issue is powercuts and communication.
  • Remembrance Sunday – SB and JS likely to attend.

Meeting Closed: at 21.17hrs (9.17pm)

Next Meeting: Thursday 3rd February at 8.00pm (by Zoom)

Signed: Steve Byford

Minutes of Meeting Wednesday 3rd November 2021

Minutes of Meeting held on Wednesday 3rd November 2021 at The Kilmorack Community Hall at 7.30pm

Present: Steve Byford(Chair), John Stewart(Vice Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham,  Mark Hedderwick, John Graham(Secretary), Cllr David Fraser.

Apologies: Graham Mackay, Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Emma Knox

Guests: None

Meeting Commenced at 19.30hrs (7.30pm)

Minutes of Previous Meeting Thursday 7th October 2021 – Proposed DF, Seconded SB. Passed.

Police Scotland: No report.

Matters Arising:

  • Ditches and Drains – No further action as yet.
  • Aigas Community Forest felling is on hold pending clearance of felled timber to the mills. Traffic measures will continue as soon as they restart. New tractor has been delivered albeit a delay in registration from the DVLA has restricted use to off road/in forest for now.
  • SSEN Upgrade – Promised documents never arrived. No internet connection at hall. Some confusion regarding planning advised by EK but not received from Planning and those advised by Sally Cooper (SSE) although one set of papers are on planning portal. SB and JS to study and consider response. One refers to provision for Hydro the other to provision for Lochluichart wind farm extension III. Deadline 12.11.21
  • Winter resilience. Communication from THC has been circulated and any additional volunteers should be notified to Community Services for insurance cover.

Chairman’s Business:

  • Bank of Scotland building parking restrictions by Lovat Estates. SB had received a response from Simon, Lord Lovat to explain the history of the parking area and that Lovat did own it and had spent £10k resurfacing it. It was felt a disappointment but is up to Beauly CC to address. It was accepted that Kilmorack residents were more likely to need parking than Beauly residents. Some improvements of Braeview Car Park with better lighting and CCTV might encourage more staff from the shops to park thereby freeing up space in the square.
  • Broadband Prospects: SB enlightened the Council to the latest options for extending Broadband in the Braes. SB has researched the schemes and is pursuing options. He asked the Secretary to provide postcodes fro the area.

Vice Chairman:

  • No action yet on the quarry entrance road condition,
  • Noise Monitoring has been going on for the last two weeks. JS is still monitoring and logging noise issues.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Kilmorack Hall will not be available until 8.15pm from this week due to a weekly yoga session. The Council felt that was too late a start and asked the Secretary to explore options including the Magnus Centre.
  • The Ward Manager has asked us to consider registering the Defib on The Circuit. We already have done and the Secretary checks the unit each month end and registers it’s availability with The Circuit. He also advised that the other Defib at the Golf Club has been advised of the option.
  • Kilmorack Community Hall AGM is on Sunday 7th November at 7.30pm. The Chair asked for volunteers to attend. No volunteers. 

Treasurer:

  • DF confirmed that the balance stood at £4213.31

Planning Applications: Planning for WB has been advised to the Council although official notification from Planning has not been received.

ANOB:

  • Communication from SSEN to local residents regarding the new transformers for Aigas Dam have been received creating a great deal of concern. SSE to visit Monday 8th to Wednesday 10th November to survey the sites.
  • Remembrance Sunday – SB and JS likely to attend.

Meeting closed at 21.30hrs (9.30pm)

Next meeting Thursday 2nd December 2021 by Zoom

Signed: