Minutes of Meeting, Thursday 7th November 2019, Draft

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 7th November 2019 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), Mary Graham (Secretary), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer) John Graham, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Margaret Davidson

Apologies: John Stewart (Vice-Chairman), Cllr. Emma Fox, Cllr. Helen Carmichael.

Guests: Anna McInnes. Steve Byford welcomed Anna and explained the procedure.

Meeting commenced: 19.35hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thursday 3rd October 2019 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by John Graham, seconded by Steve Byford – Approved.

Police Scotland: No Officer available. MG read KCC area report. PC Karen Mackenzie sent her apologies later that evening.

Matters arising:

  • Wildlife Infringement around Aigas. Reports had been received of drones being flown close to the osprey and peregrine nests and increased canoe activity on the river above Aigas Dam. Sir John Lister Kaye asked if KCC could provide a representative to a short life working group to include the Field Centre, Golf Club and Forest. KCC agreed in principal and DF suggested the River Watcher would be a good addition. DF to provide contact details.
  • Loch nam Bonnach – Response from Stewart Eastaugh, THC Access Rights Officer, with advice for landowner. Area has been reasonably quiet recently so they may have gone elsewhere.
  • Toll Bypass Maintenance – It was confirmed that Simon had started clearing the paths and will be putting in another day in early November.

 

Chairman’s Report:

  • SB reported on the SSE CLG meeting. New management personnel introduced. SSE are still committed to noise reduction. SB to request meeting to discuss possible alternative siting of new convertor station. Secretary to email KS.

 Vice Chairman’s Report:

  • No report

 

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Community Council Elections – Confirmation that we have two nominees so Council will go to election. Reminder of time table.
  • Cancellation/postponement of December’s meeting. New meeting will be arranged by Ward Manager.
  • Remembrance Day Service Sunday 10th November at 3.00pm. In the absence of both the Chair and Vice-Chair JG to lay the wreath.
  • Kilmorack Hall AGM Sunday 10th November 2019, 7.30pm

Treasurer’s Report:

  • First invoice has been paid for Toll Path Maintenance and the Bank balance now stands at £3265.70

Planning Matters:

  • 19/04619/FUL – Teanaloig Cottage, Wester Balblair (SB stated a conflict of interest). Concern was expressed as to the suitability of the septic tank with an extension to four bedrooms and three bathrooms. KCC to comment to planning with a request to review this and also whether the distance to neighbour’s boundary is compliant to up to date standards.
  • 19/04758/FUL – Aigas Field Centre. As this is outwith the Hinterland as defined by the Inner Moray Firth Development Plan and remote from the road no objections were raised.
  • 19/04284/FUL – Ord Distillery water monitoring facilities at Loch nam Bonnah – No objections
  • 19/03559/PIP – Land 90m SW of Tulach Ard, Ruisaurie for PIP for two houses in woodland area. Four complaints received by email and further oral comments from residents. Concerns expressed over septic tank outfalls additional to those already in the area as well as overdevelopment, impact on wildlife and woodlands as well as the effect on access road. KCC have applied for stakeholder status and will raise an objection on the basis of non-compliance with Hinterland Development and provision of Sustainable Drainage.

AOCB:

  • Ditches on Braes need cleaning. DF to advise location

 

Next meeting: Meeting postponed due to CC elections. TBA

           

Meeting Closed: 9.09pm                                                                             

Signed:                                                        

 

Steve Byford, Chairman

Minutes of Meeting, Thursday 3rd October 2019

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 3rd October 2019 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice Chair) Mary Graham (Secretary), John Graham, Cllr.Emma Knox.

Apologies:  Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Duncan Fraser, Mark Hedderwick

Meeting commenced: 19.33hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thursday 5th September 2019 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Steve Byford, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.

Police Scotland: No Officer available. MG read KCC area report.

Matters arising:

  • Kilmorack Cemetery – Complaints on Social Media of overflowing rubbish bins not being emptied recently and the grass a mess. Also recurring comments about sunken lairs and the overgrown hedge. EK had chased Cemeteries re the bins. JG referred to a previous meeting with Cemeteries when THC had undertaken to address these issues. In this case grass cuttings were probably the result of mowing when the grass was very wet and the bins had possibly been filled with a clear up of dead flowers. This is an ongoing problem and Ward Councillors had discussed this at a recent meeting when Cemeteries had undertaken to address the sunken lairs issue on an annual or bi-annual basis. It has been suggested again that a Friends of Kilmorack Cemetery be formed with could address these issues directly. It was suggested that contact be established with the area manager who might prove more forthcoming.
  • Loch nam Bonnach – Off road motor cycles had resulted in many complaints from the Community. Police had been called on several occasions but had not attended. Intimidation of the stalker was of concern. THC Access Rights Officer to be contacted for advice and then a contact with Hatfield Farms.

 

Chairman’s Report:

  • Beaufort Woodland Visitor Accommodation Proposal – SB, MG and JG attended a pre planning public information event at Kiltarlity Hall. Plans were for an initial 50 holiday lodges plus twelve Glamping Tents followed by Phase 2 of a further thirty lodges. Development in Phase 1 would include café/Restaurant, site shop and administration block. There were a number of concerns expressed including the increase of traffic servicing nearly a hundred units most using the main Kiltarlity junction on the Beauly to Inverness Road. Also is the issue of the increase of parking in Beauly Square. The overall feeling was that this was out of proportion to the area. Write to Savills, expressing our concerns and asking clarification on the use of the shuttle bus and the opportunity for Community Benefits in shared access to the River Walk. It was felt that some Planning Gain should be directed to upgrading the main turning on the A833/A862 junction.

 Vice Chairman’s Report:

  • Aird Community Action Collective – JS and JG attended. Most of the meeting was a presentation by Planning on a future SG Place Planning proposal for land use requiring Community Councils to hold meetings with Communities with a view to establishing a future land use map. This runs parallel to the Local Area Plan and Moray Firth Plan in this area. Planners are only required to take note of the Place Plan alongside the established planning controls. This was not the discussion that was expected and, if adopted, would impose considerable work on the Community Councillors.

Treasurer’s Report: No change from last month.

 

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Community Council Elections – Time table reminder.
  • ACF Annual General Meeting 7th October at Magnus House.
  • SSE CLG – Wednesday 23rd October at Lovat Arms – tbc – MG to contact Kelly Scott to confirm.

Planning Matters: No applications

AOCB:

  • Western Isles Convertor Station, Wester Balblair – Request consideration of the possibility of re-location to Fairburn Wind Farm with underground connection to WB. Contact Cllr M. Davidson and Cllr. Helen Carmichael and the Planning Office about noise concerns after seven years of problems and of the cumulative impact of the convertor and existing transmission hub on the Community.

 

Next meeting: Thursday 7th November 2019 – 7.30pm   Ffordes Photographic (the Kirk)

           

Meeting Closed: 9.38pm                                                                             

Signed:                                                                 

SB-Small

Steve Byford, Chairman

Minutes of meeting, Thursday 6th June 2019

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 6th June 2019 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice Chair) Mary Graham (Secretary), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr.Emma Knox.

Apologies:  Cllr. Margaret Davidson

Guests :

Meeting commenced: 19.39hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thursday 2nd May 2019 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.

Police Scotland:  Sgt. Bissett introduced himself and gave a resume of his intentions for our area. More visible beat officers and monitoring of motorist’s speed.

Matters arising:

  • Obituary – Frances Grant. It was noted that the Community has lost a stalwart supporter who for many years has been heavily involved in Community activities. She will be sadly missed. The Community Council’s thoughts and condolences to the family.
  • Groam Parking issues – research possibility of land near quarry and to allocate a parking area when the quarry is landscaped. E-mail Breedon with request for the date of the next liaison meeting.
  • Toll Corner pot holes and verges – THC had made a timely repair although best described as temporary. However it will make it safer for the Highland Cross. Also of note is that the path on the main road is being cut back as we had requested.
  • Broken hand rail on Toll Bypass path awaiting repair. THC notified. (fixed)
  • One light in the path is out of action. THC notified and instructions to repair issued. (fixed)
  • Tree limb hanging over road by Aigas Dam. Advised THC who responded quickly and now removed and made safe.
  • Glasgow Science Centre on tour. Opportunity to provide something for the youngsters in the school holiday. All in favour of pursuing this further.
  • School Bus update: Still issues with double deckers and different drivers. However the schoolkids would prefer a clean newish DD to a worn out and rough single decker which is more often than not what has transpired.

 

Chairman’s Report:

  • EHO meeting re substation noise – Findings(Meeting 3rd May 2019) – Noise still recognised as a nuisance confirmed by independent monitors – Abatement notice to stay.
  • CLG – Replacement underground cable from Wester Balblair Substation to connect with under Beauly River work to commence in September.

 Vice Chairman’s Report:

  • Trip to see convertor station at Spittal planned for 10th
  • SB suggested research in to the possibility of a sedum roof if the WB Convertor goes ahead.

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Balance £3428.03. £40 payment for Data Protection.

 

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • JG & MG attended the IACCF presentation on Moray Firth Plan(revision). No new plans for Hinterland development at this time.
  • Community Council’s Review Forum on Saturday was cancelled due to lack of support.

Planning Matters:

  • Camesky, Ruilick for a storage building – No objections received.

AOCB:

  • Progress of link path at quarry. Email KS to chase.
  • Aigas Community Forest. MH gave notice of road side felling with traffic management. It is not expected that the road will be closed for more than ten minutes at any time. Provisional start date – September.

 

Next meeting: Thursday 5th September 2019 – 7.30pm   Ffordes Photographic (the Kirk)

           

Meeting Closed: 9.25pm                                                                             

Signed:                                                              

SB-Small

 Steve Byford

Chairman                                                                                                   

Minutes of Meeting, Thurs 6th June 2019

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 6th June 2019 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice Chair) Mary Graham (Secretary), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr.Emma Knox.

Apologies:  Cllr. Margaret Davidson

Guests :

Meeting commenced: 19.39hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thursday 2nd May 2019 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.

Police Scotland:  Sgt. Bissett introduced himself and gave a resume of his intentions for our area. More visible beat officers and monitoring of motorist’s speed.

Matters arising:

  • Obituary – Frances Grant. It was noted that the Community has lost a stalwart supporter who for many years has been heavily involved in Community activities. She will be sadly missed. The Community Council’s thoughts condolences to the family.
  • Groam Parking issues – research possibility of land near quarry and to allocate a parking area when the quarry is landscaped. E-mail Breedon with request for the date of the next liaison meeting.
  • Toll Corner pot holes and verges – THC had made a timely repair although best described as temporary. However it will make it safer for the Highland Cross. Also of note is that the path on the main road is being cut back as we had requested.
  • Broken hand rail on Toll Bypass path awaiting repair. THC notified.
  • One light in the path is out of action. THC notified and instructions to repair issued.
  • Tree limb hanging over road by Aigas Dam. Advised THC who responded quickly and now removed and made safe.
  • Glasgow Science Centre on tour. Opportunity to provide something for the youngsters in the school holiday. All in favour of pursuing this further.
  • School Bus update: Still issues with double deckers and different drivers. However the schoolkids would prefer a clean newish DD to a worn out and rough single decker which is more often than not what has transpired.

 

Chairman’s Report:

  • EHO meeting re substation noise – Findings(Meeting 3rd May 2019) – Noise still recognised as a nuisance confirmed by independent monitors – Abatement notice to stay.
  • CLG – Replacement underground cable from Wester Balblair Substation to connect with under Beauly River work to commence in September.

 Vice Chairman’s Report:

  • Trip to see convertor station at Spittal planned for 10th
  • SB suggested research in to the possibility of a sedum roof if the WB Convertor goes ahead.

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Balance £3428.03. £40 payment for Data Protection.

 

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • JG & MG attended the IACCF presentation on Moray Firth Plan(revision). No new plans for Hinterland development at this time.
  • Community Council’s Review Forum on Saturday was cancelled due to lack of support.

Planning Matters:

  • Camesky, Ruilick for a storage building – No objections received.

AOCB:

  • Progress of link path at quarry. Email KS to chase.
  • Aigas Community Forest. MH gave notice of road side felling with traffic management. It is not expected that the road will be closed for more than ten minutes at any time.

 

Next meeting: Thursday 5th September 2019 – 7.30pm   Ffordes Photographic (the Kirk)

           

Meeting Closed: 9.25pm                                                                             

Signed:                                                              

SB-Small 

 Steve Byford

Chairman                                                                                                   

Minutes of Meeting, Thursday 2nd May 2019

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 2nd May 2019 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.45pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice Chair) Mary Graham (Secretary),  Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), John Graham

Apologies: Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Margaret Davidson

Guests :

Meeting commenced: 19.37hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thursday 4th April 2019  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Steve Byford, seconded by Duncan Fraser – Approved.

Police Scotland:  No officer present and no incidents on monthly report.

Matters arising:

  • Drains – JT (Community Services-roads) to arrange clearance by Birchcroft.
  • Parking issues at Groam of Annat – Email to Ian Shepherd re cars parking on grass at toll corner causing hazard to road users.

Chairman’s Report:

  • Meeting with EHOs re noise monitoring (switching station) results will be heard on the 3rd

 Vice Chairman’s Report:

  • Wind Blown rubbish from Global – JS informed that skips now have lids. Some rubbish still not picked up.
  • Toll Path on demand light number 9VN not working – email JT(Roads)

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Reminder of SSE Liaison meeting Tuesday 7th May 2019.
  • Requested permission to order wreath for Remembrance Sunday – All agreed.

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Balance £2114.53.

Planning Matters: No Planning applications

AOCB:

  • SB had spoken to Connor re weed suppression.
  • JG to speak to Kevin re grass cutting.
  • Condolence Card the Masheter family. Peter had been the treasurer for the KCC for some years and was fondly remembered.
  • Email Kelly Scott: Query progress of quarry path last phase re-instatement.
  • Toll – ask for pot hole repairs before the Highland Cross. JS to email Breedons.
  • Damaged handrail on Toll Bypass. Notified to THC (damaged by animal)

Next meeting: Thursday 6th June 2019 – 7.30pm   Ffordes Photographic (the Kirk)

           

Meeting Closed: 8.25pm                                                                            

Signed:                                                              

SB-Small

 Steve Byford

Chairman           

Minutes of Meeting, Thursday 4th April 2019

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 4th April 2019 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.45pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice Chair) Mary Graham (Secretary),  Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), John Graham, Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Emma Knox.

Apologies: Mark Hedderwick

Guests :

Meeting commenced: 19.37hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thursday 7th March 2019  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by John Graham, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.

Police Scotland:  PC Scott Maclean – No incidents in the Kilmorack Community Council area but thefts of roof lead in the Mauld, Strathglass area. Local concern has been expressed about canoeists passing the protected peregrine nest. PC Maclean updated the CC on the legal position.

Matters arising:

  • Beauly CC extension of Community Boundaries – Tony Boyland had responded to our communication and stated that he would circulate it around the Beauly CC. Our Councillors expressed the view that the status quo would prevail.
  • Emma Knox informed the Council that the Ward has three trans-locatable signs and asked if KCC could use one. JS and SB to identify suitable location. These will be temporary placements to improve the impact such signs have.
  • School Bus changes – MH had spoken to JG on the phone and more single decker buses are in use. The situation will be monitored.

Chairman’s Report:

  • Altyre and Toll would benefit from some weed suppression. Contractor may still have the weed killer. To be contacted.

Vice Chairman’s Report: Wind Blown rubbish from Global – JS informed that skips now have lids.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • An Invoice has been requested and sent to THC for payment for Toll and Altyre maintenance.

Treasurer’s Report:

  • A/Cs as per AGM report.
  • JG gave vote of thanks to DF for delivering fire wood (ACF) to elderly residents. JS and DF mentioned that they had received many notes of gratitude from the recipients. DF handed over the list for future reference.

Planning Matters: No Planning applications

AOCB:

  • Toll maintenance – SB to organise contractor for weedkiller.
  • Resaurie – Water running over road (Birchcroft/3 Beeches). JG to contact JT(roads)
  • Road edge by Toll degrading. Request repair before Highland Cross.
  • Noise issues at Wester Balblair Switching Station. Cllr. MD reported that EHOs were under pressure to remove the Noise Abatement order. Noise measurements by EHOs are being collated. Cllr. MD to arrange meeting with SB, JS and EHOs to discuss findings.
  • Contact SSE to arrange next Community Liaison Group Meeting for info about noise measurement results and further expansion of the switching station.

Next meeting: Thursday 2nd May 2019 – 7.30pm   Ffordes Photographic (the Kirk)

           

Meeting Closed: 8.36pm                                                                             

Signed:                                                              

SB-Small 

 

 Steve Byford

Chairman           

Minutes of Meeting, Thursday 7th March 2019

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 7th March 2019 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:   John Stewart (Vice Chair) Mary Graham(Secretary),  John Graham, Mark Hedderwick.

Apologies: Steve Byford, Duncan Fraser, Cllr. Emma Knox

Guests : Norman Gillan, EE’s Planning Manager

Meeting commenced: 19.35hrs JS in the Chair

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 7th February 2019  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by John Stewart, seconded by Mark Hedderwick – Approved.

Police Scotland:  No Report, no officer present. JG mentioned that there had been a spate of metal thefts in the Eskadale/Struy area.

Matters arising:

  • EE ESN Mast Consultation. Norman Gillan (EE) was asked if there was alternative position for the mast given the proximity to Teanassie School and the nearby houses. NG replied that several options had been assessed and due to the curvature of the road this was the best option. However EE were happy to look at alternatives if the Community could identify any. He confirmed that the alignment of the aerials was along the road both east to Kilmorack and west to Crask. The Community Council would inform the local residents of the options. JS thanked NG for attending the meeting.
  • Beauly CC extension of Community Boundaries. After consideration and discussion of a draft response the Community Council agreed that the response to the review be sent that we do not agree with the changes to our boundary. Proposed by JG, seconded by JS and all agreed, JS had proxy from Duncan Fraser and Steve Byford which agreed the response.  Discussion also considered the option of a new path to the Lovat Bridge by the River which KCC would be prepared to re-consider as an option for access to the Groam and would be prepared to work with BCC to deliver.
  • Gritting Response: JG had contacted John Taylor (THC) and clarified that the gritting had taken place as usual, Conditions had been challenging. Further clarification that the gritters put an extra burst on junctions which is what mislead residents to believe that was all that was being done. JG asked John Taylor to convey our thanks to the gritting team who had been working in particularly difficult conditions.
  • School Bus changes – Some single deck buses used but variable. MH to contact MD to clarify problems. (8.40pm MH left)
  • Lovat Bridge Car Park Closure – JS reported some minor parking issues in Wester Balblair and the situation may call for an impact assessment of the closure and parking restrictions on the road into the Groam. It was considered that we should explore the possibility of a meeting with Lovat Estates in the future if issue still ongoing.
  • KCC Insurance – Our Insurance now has to be paid direct to Zurich Municipal, or an insurer of our choice, but THC will be providing our grant in full without any deductions.
  • We were made aware of the potential of two adjoining wind farm applications by Airvolution in the Erchless, Aigas, Breakachy, Farley lands.

Chairman’s Report: – No Report

Vice Chairman’s Report: No Report

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Reminder of reports required for AGM in April

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Balance £2189.78

Planning Matters: No Planning applications

AOCB:

  • Wind blown rubbish from Global site. JS to speak to Chris Bremner at Breedons.
  • Water pooling at corner drain by the Rookery. Drain blocked. Also more pothole issues. JS to photograph and JG to contact THC. 

Next meeting: Thursday 4th April 2019 – 7.30pm AGM and 7.45pm meeting.  Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)           

Meeting Closed: 9.15pm                                                                            

Signed:                                                              

SB-Small 

 Steve Byford

Chairman           

Minutes of Meeting. 1st November 2018

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 1st November 2018 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary),  John Graham., Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Cllr. Emma Knox

Apologies:  John Stewart(Vice Chair), Cllr. Margaret Davidson

Meeting commenced: 19.40hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 11th October 2018  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Graham – Approved.

Police Scotland:  Asked to circulate Rural Watch Poster and information. No officer avaialbel.

Matters arising:

  • Highland Cross Presentation Invite – John Stewart and wife to attend. MG to reply.
  • IACCF – 7th November 2018. New CEO of The Highland Council to speak. JG and NG to attend.
  • Toll Memorial 3.00pm Sunday 11th JG to check Memorial path cleared. Wreath obtained. SB to present.

Chairman’s Report:

  • Toll path had been cleared of leaves but moss is making it slippery. Ask contractor for advice regarding treatment with moss killer.
  • Sub-station Noise. JS informed that noise is still there. THC are presently monitoring.
  • Verges – Email KS to clarify how long Balfour Beatty will be on site
  • Ditch on left needs clearing. Contact THC.

Vice Chairman’s Report: No Report

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Planning – THC wished to standardise notification of planning to the Secretary and not the Planning contact as happens in many CCs. Comments had been made that Secretaries already have a heavy workload and the status quo works fine.

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Balance stands at £2309.78

Planning Matters: No report

AOCB:

  • Wood Fuel – ACF will start distribution when logging operations have ceased.Altyre Road – Second and final cut of the season if the cost is below £150.

Next meeting: Thursday 6th December 2018 – 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)

Meeting Closed: 20. 34hrs                                                                          

Signed:

img324                                                                       

 John Stewart

Vice Chairman           

Minutes of the Meeting, 11th October 2018

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 11th October 2018 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary),  John Graham., Duncan Fraser(Treasurer)

Apologies:  John Stewart, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Emma Knox.

Meeting commenced: 19.30hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 6th September 2018  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Steve Byford, seconded by Duncan Fraser – Approved.

Police Scotland:  PC Scott Maclean reported on the break in at Ffordes Photographic. The Community has been asked to report any second hand Leica cameras offered for sale to Inverness CID.

Matters arising:

  • The Community Councils Initial Survey Response – SB and JG reported that they had each completed a lengthy online survey as councillors.
  • IACCF AGM – JG and MG attended both the meeting and the Community Councils survey drop in session prior to the meeting. Prior to the AGM business we heard from the senior planning officer and from a representative from SSE regarding resilience planning. JG was co-opted to chair the AGM.
  • Aigas Community Forest – Wood Fuel for disadvantaged in Community. JG reported on approval by ACF board for this year’s provision and DF confirmed willingness to distribute.

Chairman’s Report: None

Vice Chairman’s Report:

In JS’s absence JG and MJ reported on the SSE CLG meeting which JS attended.

  1. Noise Issues – monitoring ongoing. SSE pressing for the lifting of abatement order but Cllr. Margaret Davidson supported the KCC view that with the problem still evident and the possibility of the Western Isles development increasing the problems such action would be unacceptable.
  2. Western Isles Sub Sea Cable – Case made to OFGEM. Kelly Scott(SSE) promised that Kilmorack Community would see visualisations prior to re-submission to planning.
  3. Beauly-Deanie line upgrade on hold for seven years.
  4. Altyre Road edge repairs. KS email stated that repairs were being completed in next two weeks. MH had sent written comments to be considered by the meeting and it was agreed that these should be forwarded to KS. 

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Letter from Post Office warning of mailing scams. Displayed on notice board and included on web site

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Balance stands at £2417.

Planning Matters:

  • JG reported that after confirmation by email the same response for 1 Broallan new application was forwarded to the planning officer.

AOCB:

  • Altyre Road – Second and final cut of the season if the cost is below £150.
  • Winter Maintenance at the Kilmorack Cemetery starts Monday 15th October when issues raised by KCC will be addressed.

Next meeting: Thursday 1st November 2018 – 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)           

Meeting Closed: 21. 00hrs                                                                          

Signed:

 SB-Small                                                                     

 Steve Byford

Chairman           

Minutes of Meeting, 6th September 2018

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 6th September 2018 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary),  John Graham., Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mark Hedderwick(left 8.30pm)

Apologies:  Cllr. Emma Knox, Cllr. Helen Carmichael.

Meeting commenced: 19.40hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 7th June 2018  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by John Stewart, seconded by John Graham – Approved.

Police Scotland:  MG read report of two incidents of salmon poaching at Aigas Dam. Four persons reported to the Courts.

Matters arising:

  • THC Community Council’s Initial Engagement Survey – JG asked for comments. Will resend survey. JG and MG to attend consultation meeting at the Town House prior to the IACCF meeting on next Wednesday.
  • Beauly Parking Review: Comments from the meetings to be conveyed to Beauly CC.
  • Toll By-Pass weeding – Contractor has sprayed and cleared whins. Spray again in Spring. Altyre path – leave next grass cutting until Spring.
  • Beauly-Deanie upgrade – Residents informed of new delays on works. Ask why? Confirm date of next SSE CLG Meeting.
  • ACF update – JG reported on AGM. Fire wood distribution to be discussed at the next Woodfuel meeting. ACF has now a forest tractor, trailer and sawmill and has started worked on a new shed for workshop and machine storage.

Chairman’s Report:

  • Next CLG with SSE 19th MG to confirm with Kelly Scott.

Vice Chairman’s Report:

  • JS reported street light out in WB. Reported in June – awaiting action

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • THC Quality Awards – No nominations.
  • HSCHT 20th Annual Conference – No attendance
  • IACCF – Wed 12th Sept 2018 – JG and MG to attend

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Balance stands at £2156.00 and we have notification that our much reduced grant will be in our bank shortly.

PlanningMatters:

  • JG stated a conflict of interest as ACF had applied for a PNO for new forest buildings. No objections had been registered.

AOCB:

  • The Your Cash Your Choice disbursement is due and we had suggested lifebuoys on the River. However there seemed little support from the Angling Club. No further action. 

Next meeting: Thursday 4th October 2018 – 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)          

Meeting Closed: 21.10hrs                                                                           

Signed:

SB-Small                                                                       

 Steve Byford

Chairman