Inaugural Meeting of the 2015 KCC

Minutes of the Inaugural Meeting held on Thursday 3rd  December 2015 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.30pm

Present:  Cllr. Dr. Jean Davies, Steve Byford, John Stewart, Duncan Fraser, Mary Graham, John Graham, Mark Hedderwick,

Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael

Meeting commenced:  7.35pm.

The meeting

  • Call for nominations for appointment of Chairperson.

John Graham proposed Steve Byford for the Chair and Mark Hedderwick seconded. Passed unanimously.

Cllr. Dr. Jean Davies handed over to the new Chairman Steve Byford.

  • Appointment of Officers.

Vice Chair – John Stewart – Proposed by John Graham, seconded  by Mary Graham – Agreed

Secretary – Mary Graham – Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Stewart – Agreed

Treasurer – Duncan Fraser – proposed by John Graham, seconded by Steve Byford – Agreed

 

Steve Byford closed the inaugural meeting of the new 2015 Kilmorack Community Council and expressed his thanks to Cllr. Dr. Jean Davies.

                         

 

Advertisements

Minutes of Meeting – 3rd December 2015

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 3rd December 2015 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.45pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair) Duncan Fraser(Treasurer),  Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Dr. Jean Davis

Guests: PC K. Mackenzie

Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael

Meeting commenced:  7.40pm.

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 5th November 2015 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: PC Karen Mackenzie reported that there had been no reported crimes in the area. A paper on winter driving had been provided and JG reported it was already on the web site and on the Kilmorack Hall facebook page. PC Mackenzie was thanked for attending and then left.

Matters arising:

  1. SSE road assessment update – Neil Anderson had passed the pictures and report on to THC for consideration and we are now awaiting a response – ongoing
  2. Druim Ba Wind Farm application – KCC has until the end of December to lodge their preliminary comments and until 21st January for a detailed objection. Concerns were expressed about the lens and sensor for the photomontages which yet again were wrong and understated the impact. The impact in an inhabited area was considered unacceptable and so the committee voted to object on non-compliance with THC Policy, HWLDP and Onshore wind farm draft supplementary guidance(Sept 2015). and visual impact. Further more it was agreed that we should support neighbouring Community Councils. Draft letter of objection to be circulated to KCC Community Councillors for comment
  3. Bus Shelter repairs – All agreed that Wester Balblair should be the first one to be repaired. Future improvements will be discussed at a future meeting.
  4. HWLDP – Consultation has been extended to 29th MG to forward link to members. The online consultation is reasonably simple to respond to.
  5. KCC Awards – John Taylor of Community Services (Roads)was recognised for his efforts after being nominated by KCC and Strathnairn CC for the THC Quality Awards which he received.
  6. Aigas Forest Wood Fuel- Thanks to MH for the use of his wood processor and DF for delivery to local pensioners.

Chairman’s Business:

  • SSE Loch Buidhe public debate. The Chairman felt the the new proposed line was the best option. He was disappointed that the old maps had been used and the height of the towers was not shown to scale. He suggested a letter was sent to SSE making this point.
  • Noise monitoring is ongoing.

 Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • Neil Anderson and Alistair Brown (THC) walked the new paths and noted the problems. The car parking on the new path with the dropped kerb to the west was discussed and the legal situation would be looked into. The landscaping on the Toll Path bypass was due to have started in December. Andrew Hogg(SSE) was not available to clarify the situation. NA to be emailed about the seat base.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:  Nothing to report

Finance:

  • Secretary’s fees(£600) were due to be paid and £45 to the men’s shed for the wreath Holders at the Lovat memorial.
  • Balance stands at £2403.35 but once the payments are made the balance will be £1758.35

Planning Matters:  No applications this month

AOCB:  .

  • Community Broadband Survey to be conducted by Aigas Community Forest. Spare questionnaires were available.
  • Uneven road surface on A831 caused by tree roots was getting worse and concerns had been expressed by residents.  JG to contact Community Services(Roads) to discuss whether a cushion or at least warning signs could be provided.

 Next meeting:   4th February 2016 at the Kilmorack Hall. Inaugural meeting of the re-elected Councillors at 7.30pm followed by normal meeting at 7.30pm

Meeting Closed: 9.39pm    

 Signed:

     SB-Small            

 Steve Byford            

Minutes of Meeting, 5th November 2015

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 5th November 2015 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.30pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair) Duncan Fraser(Treasurer),  Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. D. Jean Davis

Guests: PC Billy Macdonald (8.24pm)

Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Hamish Wood

Meeting commenced:  7.44pm.

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 1st October 2015 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Graham – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: PC Billy Macdonald – No recorded crime in the area. Be aware of Eastern European organised gangs targeting the Highlands.

Matters arising:

  1. Community Council Elections: KCC status quo remains. Inaugural meeting of next term 3rd December 2015 which will be chaired by Cllr. Helen Carmichael.
  2. Altyre/Toll Path update on maintenance. SSE have provided THC with a ‘planting plan’ for the zig-zag path which highlights a maintenance responsibility for that section for the following 3 years. This includes litter pick up of the site, general inspection of the planting, maintenance of the planting and review of the existing trees to be undertaken each year. There will be a three year maintenance program and a grant to fund ongoing maintenance of £55,650. Presently they are snagging the scheme prior to handover. Alasdair Brown to meet with John Stewart to indentify areas of concern.
  3. SSE roads assessment in the Braes – awaiting update.
  4. Verges and Hedges – ongoing discussions (MH)
  5. Loch nam Bonnach access – Stewart Eastaugh (Access Rights Officer, THC) held talks with Hatfield Farms(Farley estate) which were very positive. Stewart is preparing a report for the estate which will identify works necessary and any support available. The Estate has expressed their wish for a positive relationship with the Community.
  6. Beauly-Blackhillock Upgrade – SSE has planned consultation for Kilmorack, Kiltarlity and Beauly. To be held in the Kilmorack Hall, 25/11/15 between 2.00pm and 7.30pm
  7. Bus Shelters – Repairs are somewhere down the list of priorities unless damaged. KCC to discuss with THC the practicalities of KCC replacing the panels and painting (THC to supply materials?)
  8. Toll War Memorial – SB to lay Community Wreath. Paths and grass have been cleared of leaves but will be re-done on the morning of the Service.
  9. Community Broadband Update – JG attended a meeting with HIE (Community Broadband Scotland) on Monday 2nd A proposal was tabled for a large scheme encompassing South Loch Ness side and north as far as Scatwell and Strathconon. We were advised of further BT rollouts mostly based around Loch Ness and the promise(?) that we will all be advised by Christmas which areas will not receive updated fibre broadband. Next step, go it alone or a large scheme will be a survey to identify need and desire for a Community Broadband (David Garvie of Aigas Community Forest is organising this). There is funding from CBS for this exercise.
  10. Refugees – MG and JG attended a Refugee Crisis Third Sector Interface Meeting at Smithton. One hundred refugees, encompassing approximately twenty five families, are expected to be relocated to the Highland Region. Requests for residents to offer accommodation and rental property was discussed and we will hear appeals for that through THC. There were a wide range of concerns in an area with a massive housing shortage already.

Chairman’s Business:

  • The Chairman reported on a visit by Mary Scanlon MSP who met Steve Byford and John Stewart to hear first hand the issues of the substation and noise complaints. The subsequent press coverage suggests that she was quite disturbed by the situation.

 Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • JS reported on the Liaison meeting with Breedon at the Quarry. Discussions covered the re-instatement of the old quarry to a natural state. Also work on the continuation of the link paths. SSE have agreed to pay for the work with Breedon supplying materials.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Next year’s proposed meeting dates were circulated and agreed.

Finance:

  • Balance now stands at £2403.45

Planning Matters:  No applications this month

AOCB:  .

  • The electric connection to the defib is not yet in place although the Perspex in the porch at the Hall has been replaced. JG will raise it at the Hall AGM
  • MH will be cutting firewood in Aigas forest for distribution to those in the community in need of support. The Council was asked to help identify suitable recipients.

 

Next meeting:   3rd December 2015 at the Kilmorack Hall. Inaugural meeting of the re-elected Councillors at 7.30pm followed by normal meeting at 7.45pm 

Meeting Closed: 9.45pm    

 Signed:

 SB-Small                         

 Steve Byford            

Minutes of Meeting, 1st October 2105

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 1st  October 2015 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.30pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer),  Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick,

Guests: PC Billy Macdonald, Zofia Fraser

Apologies: John Stewart, Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael

Meeting commenced:  7.40pm.

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 3rd September 2015 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by Mark Hedderwick – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: PC Billy Macdonald – Two non serious RTC in the area and reports of one possible bogus call.

Zofia Fraser, a prospective independent Councillor, introduced herself and asked what the issues were for the Kilmorack area. Left 8.25

Matters arising:

  1. Community Council Elections: Members were reminded about the date for nominations.
  2. Beinn Mhor wind farm. The Chairman had been notified of a legal challenge by WPD. Charles Stephen has been notified.
  3. Altyre/Toll Path update on maintenance. Awaiting a response from Tracey Urray.
  4. SSE roads assessment in the Braes – Steve Byford, John Stewart and Duncan Fraser met Neil Anderson and Andrew Hogg and travelled the affected roads. Neil Anderson had arranged photos and would meet with THC(roads). Further to that meeting he would report back to SSE’s senior management..
  5. Verges and Hedges – An update from MH which indicated that contractors would budget at £35 per hour – ongoing. Funding and manpower need resourcing.
  6. Ditches from Shin Tower to Farlie House are blocked JG to contact John Taylor (Community services)
  7. Wall at War Memorial – Update from DF. It was suggested that perhaps Community Payback could pressure wash the stones. Plans to refurbish wall are in hand.
  8. Seats – Altyre – DF has liaised with Charlie Barclay and that is agreed. Need to ask THC if planning permission is required. Need clarification on whether SSE have handed over on work before we can proceed.
  9. Complaint from neighbouring farms that weeds have been allowed to grow and will migrate to his fields if not addressed. Will again address this with THC.

Chairman’s Business:

  • Cheque received from the British Legion Beauly and District Club to support the Community Council’s activities. MG to send letter of thanks. 

Vice Chairman’s Report:  No Report

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Next SSE CLG meeting Lovat Arms, 8th October 7.15pm.

Finance:

  • £100 paid out to Men’s Shed and £200 received from British Legion. Balance stands at £2427.74

Planning Matters:  No applications this month

AOCB:  .

  • Bus Shelter(wooden) needs re-staining. Also the perspex in all the bus shelters are showing signs of wear/vandalism and need replacement. JG to contact John Taylor and see who is responsible.
  • Drainage at Old Cemetery needs attention. MH will attend to this. Work on BT Boxes has caused blockage.

 Next meeting:   5th November 2015 at the Kilmorack Hall.

 Meeting Closed: 9.25pm    

 Signed:

   SB-Small                       

 Steve Byford