Minutes of Meeting. 1st November 2018

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 1st November 2018 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary),  John Graham., Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Cllr. Emma Knox

Apologies:  John Stewart(Vice Chair), Cllr. Margaret Davidson

Meeting commenced: 19.40hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 11th October 2018  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Graham – Approved.

Police Scotland:  Asked to circulate Rural Watch Poster and information. No officer avaialbel.

Matters arising:

  • Highland Cross Presentation Invite – John Stewart and wife to attend. MG to reply.
  • IACCF – 7th November 2018. New CEO of The Highland Council to speak. JG and NG to attend.
  • Toll Memorial 3.00pm Sunday 11th JG to check Memorial path cleared. Wreath obtained. SB to present.

Chairman’s Report:

  • Toll path had been cleared of leaves but moss is making it slippery. Ask contractor for advice regarding treatment with moss killer.
  • Sub-station Noise. JS informed that noise is still there. THC are presently monitoring.
  • Verges – Email KS to clarify how long Balfour Beatty will be on site
  • Ditch on left needs clearing. Contact THC.

Vice Chairman’s Report: No Report

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Planning – THC wished to standardise notification of planning to the Secretary and not the Planning contact as happens in many CCs. Comments had been made that Secretaries already have a heavy workload and the status quo works fine.

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Balance stands at £2309.78

Planning Matters: No report

AOCB:

  • Wood Fuel – ACF will start distribution when logging operations have ceased.Altyre Road – Second and final cut of the season if the cost is below £150.

Next meeting: Thursday 6th December 2018 – 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)

Meeting Closed: 20. 34hrs                                                                          

Signed:

img324                                                                       

 John Stewart

Vice Chairman           

Advertisements

Minutes of the Meeting, 11th October 2018

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 11th October 2018 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary),  John Graham., Duncan Fraser(Treasurer)

Apologies:  John Stewart, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Emma Knox.

Meeting commenced: 19.30hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 6th September 2018  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Steve Byford, seconded by Duncan Fraser – Approved.

Police Scotland:  PC Scott Maclean reported on the break in at Ffordes Photographic. The Community has been asked to report any second hand Leica cameras offered for sale to Inverness CID.

Matters arising:

  • The Community Councils Initial Survey Response – SB and JG reported that they had each completed a lengthy online survey as councillors.
  • IACCF AGM – JG and MG attended both the meeting and the Community Councils survey drop in session prior to the meeting. Prior to the AGM business we heard from the senior planning officer and from a representative from SSE regarding resilience planning. JG was co-opted to chair the AGM.
  • Aigas Community Forest – Wood Fuel for disadvantaged in Community. JG reported on approval by ACF board for this year’s provision and DF confirmed willingness to distribute.

Chairman’s Report: None

Vice Chairman’s Report:

In JS’s absence JG and MJ reported on the SSE CLG meeting which JS attended.

  1. Noise Issues – monitoring ongoing. SSE pressing for the lifting of abatement order but Cllr. Margaret Davidson supported the KCC view that with the problem still evident and the possibility of the Western Isles development increasing the problems such action would be unacceptable.
  2. Western Isles Sub Sea Cable – Case made to OFGEM. Kelly Scott(SSE) promised that Kilmorack Community would see visualisations prior to re-submission to planning.
  3. Beauly-Deanie line upgrade on hold for seven years.
  4. Altyre Road edge repairs. KS email stated that repairs were being completed in next two weeks. MH had sent written comments to be considered by the meeting and it was agreed that these should be forwarded to KS. 

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Letter from Post Office warning of mailing scams. Displayed on notice board and included on web site

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Balance stands at £2417.

Planning Matters:

  • JG reported that after confirmation by email the same response for 1 Broallan new application was forwarded to the planning officer.

AOCB:

  • Altyre Road – Second and final cut of the season if the cost is below £150.
  • Winter Maintenance at the Kilmorack Cemetery starts Monday 15th October when issues raised by KCC will be addressed.

Next meeting: Thursday 1st November 2018 – 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)           

Meeting Closed: 21. 00hrs                                                                          

Signed:

 SB-Small                                                                     

 Steve Byford

Chairman