Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 6th March 2014 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.45pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chairman),Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Duncan Fraser, Clare Caldwell(20.10hrs), Cllr. Margaret Davidson
Apologies: Cllr Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Hamish Wood. John Stewart, Mark Hedderwick.
Meeting commenced 19.54hrs.
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 6th February 2014 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Graham and seconded Duncan Fraser – Approved.
Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: Mary Graham gave a report supplied by PC Scott Maclean.
- Noise issues at Wester Balblair – SB reported on the recent Community Liaison Meeting with SSE. Eric Donnelly failed to appear due to legal advice. SSE have appealed the abatement notice and promised full data on noise and mitigation measures for our consideration has not been provided. Reasons stated are that all information has to be passed by SSE legal team. SB/JS to produce a questionnaire to elicit statements from affected residents and to incorporate Dr. Chris Hanning’s sleep deprivation data sets. Despite a four year wait, the Toll Path and Altyre Road Path cannot start until legal papers are signed off. This in spite of Lovat Estates having a pre-emption and having approved the start of work. Baffles around three sides of identified noise nuisance apparatus were discussed. SB stated that several times now we have asked for noise data and mitigation for our own experts to report on. We did not issue abatement order! – Ongoing! Action – Send update letter to SSE’s CEO Alistair Phillips-Davies regarding delays in paths and lack of full noise data.
- Fairburn Extension(Orrin Wind Farm) withdrawn by SSE as not financially viable.
- Wild Lands Consultation: Area 24(Central Highlands) may be extended to include upper Breakachy Burn, Upper Glen Orrin, Gleann Goibhre and Erchless Forest. The Glen Orrin was deemed as important for views of and from Area 24.
- Re-painting of toll path fence. Application to Community Service is in but SB will chase.
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- In the Vice Presidents absence the secretary informed the committee the JS had spoken to Breedon and Lovat Estates about the broken fence on the A831 opposite Wester Balblair.
- The Secretary reminded members of the forthcoming AGM and asked if all office holders are willing to continue. In compliance with THC rules.
- The Secretary asked the Treasurer if the accounts could be prepared and available for the AGM
- The Treasurer confirmed funds were healthy with no payments since the previous meeting
- 14/00295/PIP Land NE of Teanassie Lodge. No issues raised.
- 14/00644/FUL 80m meteorological mast Land SW of Urchany and Farley Forest, Struy, Beauly (by Lochen Fada) Consultee status had been requested. The committee instructed that a letter of objection should be sent regarding visual impact, Golden Eagle SPA, Air Safety and impact on tourism. A technical objection was being raised by local residents and we will support that.
- Scottish Water Public Meeting Wednesday 12th March 2014.
1. JG showed draft of Newsletter
2. The Chair asked for suggestions for Potential Projects
Next meeting: 3rd April 2014 at the Kilmorack Hall – 8.00pm. AGM at 7.45pm
Meeting Closed: 21.20hrs
Steve Byford, Chairman