Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 6th September 2018 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham., Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mark Hedderwick(left 8.30pm)
Apologies: Cllr. Emma Knox, Cllr. Helen Carmichael.
Meeting commenced: 19.40hrs
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 7th June 2018 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Stewart, seconded by John Graham – Approved.
Police Scotland: MG read report of two incidents of salmon poaching at Aigas Dam. Four persons reported to the Courts.
- THC Community Council’s Initial Engagement Survey – JG asked for comments. Will resend survey. JG and MG to attend consultation meeting at the Town House prior to the IACCF meeting on next Wednesday.
- Beauly Parking Review: Comments from the meetings to be conveyed to Beauly CC.
- Toll By-Pass weeding – Contractor has sprayed and cleared whins. Spray again in Spring. Altyre path – leave next grass cutting until Spring.
- Beauly-Deanie upgrade – Residents informed of new delays on works. Ask why? Confirm date of next SSE CLG Meeting.
- ACF update – JG reported on AGM. Fire wood distribution to be discussed at the next Woodfuel meeting. ACF has now a forest tractor, trailer and sawmill and has started worked on a new shed for workshop and machine storage.
- Next CLG with SSE 19th MG to confirm with Kelly Scott.
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- JS reported street light out in WB. Reported in June – awaiting action
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- THC Quality Awards – No nominations.
- HSCHT 20th Annual Conference – No attendance
- IACCF – Wed 12th Sept 2018 – JG and MG to attend
- Balance stands at £2156.00 and we have notification that our much reduced grant will be in our bank shortly.
- JG stated a conflict of interest as ACF had applied for a PNO for new forest buildings. No objections had been registered.
- The Your Cash Your Choice disbursement is due and we had suggested lifebuoys on the River. However there seemed little support from the Angling Club. No further action.
Next meeting: Thursday 4th October 2018 – 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)
Meeting Closed: 21.10hrs