Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 2nd November 2017 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick
Apologies: Cllr. Emma Knox
Meeting commenced: 19.32hrs
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 6th October 2017 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Steve Byford, seconded by Mark Hedderwick – Approved.
Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report:
- PC Jones (Fort Augustus) gave new full area report. No incidents reported in Kilmorack. JG reported an incidence of poaching at Main of Aigas. Explore use of camera traps.
- Weed Suppression – New Altyre path – JG received quote from Robertson’s at £400 plus vat for each cut with tractor mounted flail mower and strimmer. Agreed to accept and proceed asap. SB suggested volunteers clear Toll Path area now. JG had contacted Community Services(Roads) and funding was still not forthcoming. KCC to look at alternatives. i.e. being given funding by THC to employ contractor.
- Benches on new paths:- 2nd seat to be finished shortly weather permitting.
- Old Cemetery Notice Board: Ward Discretionary Fund grant had been received. New Board had been made and installed. Wester Balblair board also in need of some refurbishment.
- Toll Memorial: Contact British Legion to query leaf clearance for the 11th. MH to action.
- Email to Cllr.Margaret Davidson re progress of meeting with EHO (substation noise).
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- Noise at substation still audible. Email to NA(SSEN) re progress.
- Balance stands at £2394.64. WDF grant of £588 received. Paid Out Notice Board £588
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- To attend Inverness Rural Communities Convention – Tourism and Broadband.
- 17/04998/FUL – No comment
- 17/04935/FUL – No comment.
- Building works, Altyre Steading – No warning road signs and heavy vehicles blocking lay-bys. Lovat have been notified.
- Hard standing by Old Cemetery/bus shelter in need of regrading. Ask if this could be included in works for Kilmorack Bus Stop
Next meeting: Thursday 7th December 2017 at 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)
Meeting Closed: 21.26hrs