Minutes of Meeting, 7th September 2017

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 7th  September 2017 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Duncan Fraser(Treasurer).

Apologies: Cllr. Bill Fraser

Meeting commenced:  7.41pm

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 1st  June  2017  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report:

  • MG gave details of new area officers. JG mentioned complaint by local resident of ‘boy racers’ intermittent visits to area. Police have been advised.

Matters arising:                                                                             

  • Litter Signs – Now installed. Two at Picnic Area, one above Aigas Dam and one at the path in Wester Balblair. JG to arrange signs for dog fouling.
  • Picnic area car park. JG reported grass had been topped by David Bloor(Peter Masheter) and JG had topped a second time. Area around Picnic tables had been regularly strimmed to keep tidy.
  • Bus stop by Kilmorack Hall. JS to meet with Breedons(Chris Bremner) re supply of materials and advice. JS also reported on Breedon CLG meeting with updates on quarry expansion and proposed mitigation of dust problems at the access point and the cement batching plant.
  • Toll Road and Altyre – Update – Awaiting THC action as there is an issue with retention of budget for maintenance of infrastructure limiting grass maintenance. Ongoing but alternative options to be explored by SB and JS.
  • British Legion Poppy Wreath received and donation paid and receipted.
  • Wood fuel for elderly in KCC area. DF and JS are to list potential recipients.
  • Trees for Life – Beavers. ScotGov had a view to remove a beaver family from the Strathglass area. Trees for Life had requested KCC’s opinion. Varied opinions but consensus was that impact on fishing and farming must be considered and it was felt that the upper regions of the area would be more appropriate for beavers where any impact would be minimal. It was felt that Trees for Life should be discussing this with fishing and farming interests first.

Chairman’s Report:

  • CLG – Local residents are still reporting hearing increased noise. Cause failure to recalibrate SVC after outage. Action: more frequent checks and re-calibration. Still no confirmation which transformer is responsible.
  • Beauly and Dounreay line. Some pylons will be replaced with smaller ones in 2018.
  • Access Road at sub-station: new contractors starting replanting in November.
  • New security fencing to be erected. Possibly green.

Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • Memorial seats – All prepared. Waiting for a few dry days to install.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Red Cross offering free first aid/safety training for over 65s. MG to enquire if weekends are available.
  • Kirking of the Council – MG and JG attended.

Finance:

  • British Legion ‘donation’ paid and The Highland Council Grant received.
  • Balance is £2394.04

Planning Matters:

  • No current applications.

AOCB:

  • Participatory Budgeting. THC have requested representatives from Community Councils, schools and charities to form a steering committee to facilitate the participatory budget event in March 2018. Whilst KCC considered it important for strong CC representation it was felt this best arranged by the Council as few of us have the time or facilities to manage this.

Next meeting: Thursday 5th October 2017 at 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)  

Meeting Closed: 9.56pm                                                                            

Signed:

SB-Small

 Steve Byford            

Advertisements

Minutes of Meeting 1st June 2017

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 1st June 2017 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mark Hedderwick.

Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael

Meeting commenced:  7.35pm

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 4th May  2017  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Steve Byford, seconded by Duncan Fraser – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: No report

Matters arising:                                                                             

  • Litter Signs – JG presented sign suggestion from ‘Keep Scotland Beautiful’ JG to contact KSB to personalise the signs and then get some made up at an estimate of £10 each. Fly-tipping – see how the litter signs work.
  • Picnic area car park. JG to see about the availability of a flail mower to flatten the mole hills.
  • Ditch Repairs – THC have inspected the problem after a complaint from a resident and hope to resolve it.
  • Bus stop by Kilmorack Hall. We are still trying to address the kerbing issue. JS to email Breedon and MH to explore availability of a digger to grade the area.
  • Toll Road and Altyre – This is on the Council to-do list but THC are waiting for the maintenance payment from SSE. Will update us on the program as soon as funding in place.

Chairman’s Report:

  • CLG – Control changes may have worked. SSE to put acoustic jacket on Toshiba SVC taking it down by 10db. Cllrs are requested to report any noise to SSE. Monitors next to SVC and to be sited at the Kirk.
  • Visibility of substation – new access still to be landscaped. Awaiting stone waller who will build bank back up. Replanting has missed this season.
  • HVDC – WSP want help identifying viewpoints
  • Dounreay line upgrade in the next few days. Restringing 28th June to 11th Concern as to the Tower reduction schedule.
  • Deanie Line upgrade – Concern was expressed that SSE was aware of School Bus Times to obviate any conflict. Schedule for repaint mid June with upgrade June-July. These times seem somewhat fluid at the moment.

Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • Memorial seats – Red Mahogany ordered for early June. Will be prepared and fitted asap.
  • New seat installed at a trial location at the Quarry Walk and a photo was available. Many thanks to Duncan Fraser.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Fire Service Questionnaire. Discussed and noted that local knowledge crucial. MG/JG to complete and forward.
  • HSCHT – Membership Renewal. MH to be our representative.

Finance:

  • Only payment this month was DD for Information Commissioner. Balance is £1748.75

Planning Matters:

  • There were no objections to the proposals.

AOCB:

  • MH commented on concerns of Police Activity in the Kilmorack, Teanassie, Breakachy area with one youth found injured at the Gallery. With no police attendance it was deferred for now but enquiries would be made.

Next meeting: Thursday 7th September 2017 at 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)          

Meeting Closed: 9.25pm                                                                            

Signed:

  SB-Small                                                                    

 Steve Byford