Minutes of Meeting 1st June 2017

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 1st June 2017 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mark Hedderwick.

Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael

Meeting commenced:  7.35pm

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 4th May  2017  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Steve Byford, seconded by Duncan Fraser – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: No report

Matters arising:                                                                             

  • Litter Signs – JG presented sign suggestion from ‘Keep Scotland Beautiful’ JG to contact KSB to personalise the signs and then get some made up at an estimate of £10 each. Fly-tipping – see how the litter signs work.
  • Picnic area car park. JG to see about the availability of a flail mower to flatten the mole hills.
  • Ditch Repairs – THC have inspected the problem after a complaint from a resident and hope to resolve it.
  • Bus stop by Kilmorack Hall. We are still trying to address the kerbing issue. JS to email Breedon and MH to explore availability of a digger to grade the area.
  • Toll Road and Altyre – This is on the Council to-do list but THC are waiting for the maintenance payment from SSE. Will update us on the program as soon as funding in place.

Chairman’s Report:

  • CLG – Control changes may have worked. SSE to put acoustic jacket on Toshiba SVC taking it down by 10db. Cllrs are requested to report any noise to SSE. Monitors next to SVC and to be sited at the Kirk.
  • Visibility of substation – new access still to be landscaped. Awaiting stone waller who will build bank back up. Replanting has missed this season.
  • HVDC – WSP want help identifying viewpoints
  • Dounreay line upgrade in the next few days. Restringing 28th June to 11th Concern as to the Tower reduction schedule.
  • Deanie Line upgrade – Concern was expressed that SSE was aware of School Bus Times to obviate any conflict. Schedule for repaint mid June with upgrade June-July. These times seem somewhat fluid at the moment.

Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • Memorial seats – Red Mahogany ordered for early June. Will be prepared and fitted asap.
  • New seat installed at a trial location at the Quarry Walk and a photo was available. Many thanks to Duncan Fraser.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Fire Service Questionnaire. Discussed and noted that local knowledge crucial. MG/JG to complete and forward.
  • HSCHT – Membership Renewal. MH to be our representative.

Finance:

  • Only payment this month was DD for Information Commissioner. Balance is £1748.75

Planning Matters:

  • There were no objections to the proposals.

AOCB:

  • MH commented on concerns of Police Activity in the Kilmorack, Teanassie, Breakachy area with one youth found injured at the Gallery. With no police attendance it was deferred for now but enquiries would be made.

Next meeting: Thursday 7th September 2017 at 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)          

Meeting Closed: 9.25pm                                                                            

Signed:

  SB-Small                                                                    

 Steve Byford            

Advertisements