Minutes of Meetingheld on Thursday 1st May 2014 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.45pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart(Vice Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), John Graham, Cllr. Margaret Davidson.
Apologies: Clare Caldwell, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Hamish Wood.
Meeting commenced: 7.54pm.
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 3rd April 2014 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Stewart and seconded Duncan Fraser – Approved.
Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: PC Scott Maclean stated no offences in Kilmorack. Some tools had been stolen from building sites in Beauly. Please secure vehicles and outbuildings.
- Noise issues at Wester Balblair – A public event will be held by SSE at Kilmorack Hall 2.00-6.30pm to show progress of mitigation measures.. Cllr. Margaret Davidson advised that the noise abatement order had been sisted at the Sheriffs Court whilst SSE were progressing the mitigation measures. JS had received a number of the noise survey back from residents. Further forms will be distributed
- Lappett Moth. FCS meeting. JG and MG attended. Restrictions on timber movements should be eased in October.
Chairman’s Business: Man’s Shed. Breedon building is not available.
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- Louisa’s seat at Plactchaig – Request for cleanup for summer. JS to look into it.
- Cemetery Gates – JS contacted Jeff Fridge, Parks and Cemeteries, on 6th April re loose coping stone on gate pillar.
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- Email from Aigas Field Centre requesting inclusion of event dates in Newsletter. Due to shortage of space this was deemed impractical but link can be provided on web site.
- JS asked whether details of phone “Scams” could also be provided on web site. Due to the wide variety that would not really be practical but JG would look into what could be done.
Finance: No report
- Beauly Car Park – no objections(this is confirmation of the temporary provision)
- Plot 4A, 4 Rusiarie – No objections
- State of Roads along undergrounding route and Tower site are causing concern due to the heavy construction traffic from Murphy and Breedon. Road edges in particular are breaking up. It was commented that Murphy had videoed the roads prior to start of work and would re-video them at the end and all necessary repairs to their damage would be rectified them. It was suggested that some liaison with THC over this would be necessary.
- Toll/Altyre Road foot paths. MD to check on progress.
Next meeting: 5th June 2014 at the Kilmorack Hall – 7.45pm
Meeting Closed: 21.10hrs
Steve Byford, Chairman