Minutes of the meeting 6th June 2013

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 6th June 2013 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.40pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chairman), John Stewart, Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, , Clare Caldwell, Duncan Fraser, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Margaret Davidson,

Apologies: Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Hamish Wood

Community Members: None

Guests: Sgt Gregor Hay

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 2nd May 2013 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Steve Byford and seconded John Graham – Approved.

Community Policing report:

  • Sgt Gregor Hay asked that the community be vigilant as there has been three opportunist incidents of theft and one of poaching in our area, Kirkhill and Kiltarlity recently. Sgt Hay asked that any suspicious vans/vehicles be reported to thr Police on the new 101 number. He presented his beat report which will be posted on the KCC website. The Chair thanked him for attending and for the support to the community.

Matters arising:

  • Beauly –Denny – Update. No further information was available but concerns were expressed over the dangerous dip in the new tarmac on the Altyre Road. Email to be sent to Lisa Marchi at SSE, also asking for an update on the Beauly Toll footpath.
  • First Aid Course – First Responders will not be in a position to facilitate training until early autumn but the Red Cross do provide a suitable course at £15 per head (2.5hrs). After some discussion it was decided to send out a leaflet to the community to find out how many wish to participate.
  • Drains and Culverts: Steve had the maps to be completed at the meeting. JG was asked to contact TEC services to arrange a meeting to hand over the maps and to include discussion on snow clearing and gritting.

Chairman’s Business: None

Secretary’s Business: None

Planning Matters:

  • Alterations to 19 Resaurie – Steve Byford declared an interest and the Chair was taken by John Stewart.  After some clarification of detail, and there being no community comments, the Community Council decided not to object. Steve byford resumed the Chair.
  • Fairburn Extension: Despite this coming within 700m of the community boundary, SSE have failed to hold a consultation in the Community. Despite requests this has been turned down although the offer to attend a Community Council meeting had been made. The Committee decided to write officially to the head of onshore wind projects in Perth to request a presentation to the Community. Cllr. Margaret Davidson would also contact Mariane Townsley SSE to request a presentation.
  • National Planning Framework/Scottish Planning Policy – JG said that he had tried to evaluate this report but you would need to be a planning expert/lawyer to understand it. Cllr. Davidson concurred with that view. It was decided to keep a watching brief.
  • Inner Moray Firth Plan – The details had been circulated and at this time there was no change detailed in our area.

Finance: 

  • The treasurer provided the accounts for last year which were approved and duly signed by the Chairman and the Treasurer. Balance at the bank stood at £2727.54 The cheque for Kilmorack Hall 18.09.12 remains uncashed.

Correspondence:

  • THC Consultation on the Management of Obstructions within the Adopted Road – SB and MH were provided the paperwork for consideration and response.
  • Climate Challenge Fund – This was discussed and will be born in mind for any suitable project.

AOCB:

  • Aigas Picnic Area – Conversations with Community Payback lead us to understand that it is unlikely that they will be able to maintain the area this year. JG had run a mower over it as an interim measure. JS to get a quote from a local contractor who already works in the area.
  • Supporting Local Business – CC had a request that a page on the website could be made over to list local tradesmen and businesses. JG will look into it but suggested a nominal £10 charge to be put to Community Services.

Next meeting 5th September 2013 at the Kilmorack Hall – 7.30pm.

Meeting Closed: 21.30hrs

Signed:      

High436

 

 

 

 

Steve Byford,

 Chairman   

Advertisements

Minutes of the Meeting of 2nd May 2013

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 2nd May 2013 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.40pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chairman), John Stewart, Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, , Clare Caldwell, Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Hamish Wood

Apologies: Duncan Fraser, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Mark Hedderwick

Community Members: Ron Mclaughlin,

Guests: Mandy Maclemon, Isabel Fairclough

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 4th April 2013 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Stewart and seconded John Graham – Approved.

Matters arising:

  • Green Dog Walker’s Scheme – Mandy Maclemon presented the scheme to the Committee which is based on a proven non confrontational programme. The Committee were impressed by the idea but were realistic that it needed someone to drive this forward. The Chair thanked Mandy for taking the time to address us and she then departed. The Committee approved the proposal to take this forward.
  •  Beauly –Denny – Concerned was expressed at the recent use of helicopters contrary to the conditions that no helicopters should be used during the Osprey breeding season, April to August. The view was that if conditions are routinely ignored they are of little value. Roy Dennis had been consulted and his report, sent to SNH, had been adopted.
  • Path to War Memorial – John Stewart had talked to Jeff Fridge who said that they would clear the path, as a safety issue, in the near future. Funding from SG to improve war memorials for the 100th anniversary was still not agreed. Steve Byford suggested that the railings need a coat of paint and we should contact Alistair and the Community Payback scheme.
  • First Aid update. John Stewart had spoken to Alan at First Responders and we would hope to arrange something in early summer.

Chairman’s Business:

  • Maps had been sent out to mark the areas of attention in the Braes

 

Planning Matters: No applications

 

Secretary’s Business: None

Finance:  The treasurer was on holiday

Correspondence:

  • Strathglass had responded to our letter regarding Beinn Mhor advising us that there was a meeting tonight at Cannich. WPD(Scotland) Ltd has met with Tomich residents and Strathglass Community Council.
  • Community Families Fund – We have contacted the Toddlers Group but have yet to have a response.
  • Inverness Area Community Council Forum. A letter was circulated which the Forum intend to send to Mr. Dodds of The Highland Council with the request that we allow our name to be included. The view was that we do not know enough about the variations appertaining and the secretary was asked to write to the Forum that we have no opinion and are insufficiently informed to make such a statement.
  • Government planning revue. “Drop in Event” in Inverness at Eastgates, Tuesday 14th, 9.00am to 6.00pm.

 

AOCB:

  • Clare Caldwell wished to register her thanks to the community for their assistance when her car broke down on the A831.
  • Notice was brought to the Community Councils attendion of the worn edge on the Breakachy Road above the school. JG to contact TEC services.
  • We had been advised of the dumping of rubbish at the Aigas Picnic lay-bye. JG to investigate.
  • Cllr Margaret Davidson raised the issue of the Aigas Forest and access to funds through the Scottish Land Fund which had proved impossible due to EU conditions. Leasing was still an option but pressure was being brought to the Minister to reconsider the Land Fund restrictions.

Next meeting 6th June 2013 at the Kilmorack Hall – 7.30pm.

Meeting Closed: 21.15hrs

Signed:

High436 

 

 

 

Steve Byford,

Chairman   

Minutes of the Meeting of 4th April 2013

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 4th April 2013 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 8.00pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chairman), John Stewart, Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Duncan Fraser, Clare Caldwell, Mark Hedderwick

Apologies:

Community Members: Ron Mclaughlin + SSE (Lisa Marchi) and Balfour Beatty (Ben James)

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 7th March 2013 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Duncan Fraser and seconded John Stewart – Approved.

Matters arising:

  • Lisa Marchi(SSE) and Ben James(Balfour Beatty)  gave an update on the Beauly-Denny project about road closures on the Black Bridge and power restrictions. The Altyre Rd was also discussed and Lisa Marchi agreed to speak to Murphys. Lisa Marchi and Ben James left at 8.23pm.
  • Green Dog Walker’s Scheme update. A representative of the scheme will come to a future meeting.
  •  Glen Affric Hydro Scheme. Mark Hedderwick reported on the information so far but decisions are still under consideration and he will keep a watching brief.

Chairman’s Business:

  • Altyre Road and Beauly Toll updates. John Graham provided new maps and the council members will mark up areas needing attention. Cllr. Helen Carmichael will speak to TEC Services re ditches and culverst at the lower end of Altyre Road.
  • Beinn Mhor (WPD Scotland Ltd) had requested to attend a meeting. The Committee agreed that any meeting should involve the whole community and the Chair asked that WPD be informed of our position.

Planning Matters:

  • An upgrade to the plans for the Shooting Lodge and Estate Office for the Farley Estate were discussed. It was felt that no further action need be taken.

 Secretary’s Business:

  • The Inverness Community Council Forum has asked for questions for the meeting with Fergus Ewing. Questions have been sent but there is much doubt if the meeting will go ahead as few members are available.

Finance:  The treasurer reported that the Community Council was solvent.

AOCB:

  • Cleaning of Memorial Path at Beauly Toll. Contact Jeff Fridge to ascertain the situation with the grants for upgrading Memorials as part of the 100th anniversary

Next meeting 2nd May 2013 at the Kilmorack Hall – 7.30pm.

Meeting Closed: 21.34hrs

Signed:

High436

 

 

 

 

Steve Byford,

Chairman   

Minutes of the Meeting of 7th February 2013

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 7th February 2013 at the ‘The Beauly Gallery’ at 7.30pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chairman), John Stewart, Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham,   Clare Caldwell, Alisdair Stewart, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr Helen Carmichael

Guests: Sgt Gregor Hay, PC Karen Mackenzie

Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Hamish Wood, Duncan Fraser

Community Members:

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 6th December 2012 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Steve Byford and seconded Alistair Stewart – Approved.

Matters arising:.

  • ·        Snow and Ice Clearance – John Graham reported a meeting had taken place with Portal Rover 4×4 at Muir of Ord when the use of a specialised snow plough was discussed. This was based on a Unimog vehicle and was fitted with salting equipment. The vehicle was there for us to see. The cost discussed was around £85 per hour. It was suggested that not unreasonable for a specialist vehicle, fuel and labour and more cost effective than tying up capital and maintenance cost on our own plant. The Committee asked that this be suggested to TEC services.

Police Matters:

  • ·        Sgt Hay introduced PC Karen Mackenzie from Cannich. He then reported two break-ins in the Strathglass area and asked that residents be vigilant and report anything they felt untoward.
  • ·        The new Police contact number 101 for non emergencies is now active and to ask for a Beauly Officer.
  • ·        Sgt Hay promised to provide a short piece for the Newsletter.

Sgt Hay and PC Mackenzie left at 20.05hrs.

  • ·        Beauly & District Care Project: Cllr Helen Carmichael gave a resume of how far the project had progressed and asked for feedback of how the hopes of the project could be attained.
  • ·        Altyre Road Concerns have been raised about the deteriorating condition of culverts, ditches and road surface. We are advised that the project team for the mitigation work has this under consideration. Cllr. Carmichael to speak to TEC services.

Chairman’s Business:

  • ·        The bus shelter was being used and appreciated

Planning Matters:

  • ·        8 Torgormack – Residents have serious concerns over drainage and flooding in the area. Letter of objection to be sent.
  • ·        Kilmorack House – Concerns were raised over access on a very dangerous corner of the A831 especially if used as a holiday let. It was considered preferable if access could be through the existing Kilmorack House tracks. Letter of objection to be sent.

Cllr. Helen Carmichael left 21.00hrs.

Secretary’s Business:

  • ·        Inverness Community Councils Forum – Apologies sent
  • ·        Inverness City Forum – No one was available but the issues were City biased.

Finance:  No Report

Correspondence:  

  • ·        Piping Survey – This to be forwarded to Donald Shaw
  • ·        ARCH – Archeology for Communities in the Highlands. The letter had been circulated.

AOCB:

  • ·        A memorial bench for Teannassie School had been sourced. Funding was being arranged.
  • ·        A Newsletter would be produced shortly.

Next meeting 7th March 2013 at the Kilmorack Hall – 7.30pm

Meeting Closed: 21.45hrs

Signed:

 High436

Steve Byford,

Chairman  

Minutes of the Meeting of 6th December 2012

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 6th December 2012 at the ‘The Beauly Gallery’ at 7.30pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chairman), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham,  Duncan Fraser, Alisdair Stewart, Mark Hedderwick(19.55hrs)

Apologies: Cllr. Drew Hendry, Cllr. Hamish Wood, Cllr. Margaret Harrison, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Clare Caldwell, John Stewart

Community Members:

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 1st  November 2012 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Graham and seconded Steve Byford – Approved.

Matters arising:

  • ·        A request from Ferintosh Community Council to sign the letter of opposition to the Clath Liath Wind Farm had been received with a draft copy. The final draft had not arrived but it was proposed by John Graham and seconded by Alisdair Stewart that this be approved. – passed.
  • ·        Snow and Ice Clearance – John Graham and Mark Hedderwick were to pursue options.

Chairman’s Business:

  • ·        Report on meeting with Aggregate Industries Community Liaison Forum attended by Steve Byford and John Stewart. A suggestion came forward that a meeting with local residents and the quarry be convened to discuss landscaping timescale, night lorries (noise from reversing beepers) and traffic speed(suggestion of traffic lights at quarry entrance)

Secretaries Business:

  • ·        House in Multiple Occupancy: Committee felt that this had limited relevance to this area.
  • ·        Inverness Area Community Council Forum was attended by John Graham.  A presentation on snow clearance was very interesting but most other items were City centric. The Chair of the Forum did make the point that to encourage involvement of rural communities required discussion of items of rural interest.
  • ·        Meeting dates for 2013 had been circulated and were agreed.

Planning Matters:

  • ·        Applications for an extention to Urchany Cottage had been lodged. Local residents had been approached and were happy with the proposals – No action
  • ·        Traffic Restrictions Altyre Road. SSE had been contacted. Temp. restriction.
  • ·        12/04342/FUL Land at Ruilick –Various local objections had been noted. Letter of concern would be sent to planning.
  • ·        12/04.42/PIP Land in Garden of Firthview, 7 Ruisaurie – Strong reservations had been made on the cumulative impact and questions as to the suitability of the proposal. Drainage etc. A letter of objection to this proposal will be sent.

Finance:  The Treasurer confirmed a balance of £3412.87 in the bank including a sum of £500 from Ffordes towards snow clearance. Payments for the car park upgrade were still to be paid out as was the Secretarial yearly figure.

Correspondence:  None

AOCB:

  • ·        Alisdair Stewart asked for a donation to the garden at Teanassie School of £500. It was suggested that a more appropriate source may be direct to the Ward Discretionary Funding as we have had our money for this year and once outstanding payments are made we will have limited resources to last us to next year.
  • ·        Memorial Lights. There have been complaints of the lights shining into the adjacent houses and defector shades are being sourced to prevent the problem. However this means that the lights are not on in this Christmas period. 

Next meeting 7th Feb 2013 at the Beauly Gallery – 7.30pm

Meeting Closed: 21.15hrs

Signed:

High436 

 

Steve Byford,

Chairman  

Minutes of the Meeting of Thursday 1st November 2012

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 1st November 2012 at the ‘The Beauly Gallery’ at 7.30pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chairman), John Stewart(Vice Chairman),  Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham,  Clare Caldwell, Cllr. Helen Carmichael

Apologies: Cllr. Drew Hendry, Cllr. Hamish Wood, Cllr. Margaret Harrison, Mark Hedderwick, Duncan Fraser, Alisdair Stewart

Community Members: Ron Mclaughlin, Mrs Smith

Guests: Sgt. Gregor Hay, John Scott(SSE), Morven Smith(SSE)

The meeting commenced at 19.40hrs with an update from John Scott, Project Manager for the Western Isles HVDC Link(SSE), and Morven Smith, Corporate Affairs(SSE) on the progress of the Beauly Toll and Altyre footpaths. There was a problem that the KCC felt these needed to be expedited as a safety issue in line with the original mitigation agreement and should be seen as a priority but SSE sited planning, legal and funding issues meaning that work was unlikely to commence until late summer 2013 or when the Western Isles link has begun. Sgt Hay stated that the Police had received a number of complaints about the speed of contractors vehicles using the Cannich Road and was also concerned with the poor signage for the very large, often foreign, lorries delivering to the sub station. John Stewart observed that this often resulted in them turning right into Wester Balblair village. Morven Smith promised to respond to KCC in seven days after referring our strong concerns to her superiors. Steven Byford then thanked John Scott and Morven Smith for coming to the meeting after which they left – 20.12hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 4th October 2012 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Steve Byford and seconded Clare Caldwell – Approved.

Sgt Gregor Hays left 20.25hrs

Matters arising:

  • ·        TEC Services: JG reported that a meeting with Richard Evans and John Taylor, attended by Steven Byord, John Stewart, Mary Graham and John Graham, had taken place at the Kirk re winter gritting and snow clearance times. It was suggested that an accommodation may be possible to change routings which will be investigated. KCC put forward the suggestion of some element of self help and TEC services stated that they would be able to make salt supplies available but financial assistance would not be available. It was agreed that KCC may consider the purchase of a small gritter possibly with assistance from the WDF. Discussions about ditches and culverts took place and work is in hand. Further discussions at the meeting agreed that a small gritter may be purchased subject to raising sufficient funds. An application will be made to the WDF and SB suggested local business would probably add support and pledged £500 from his own company.

Cllr Helen Carmichael left 21.05pm

Chairman’s Business:

  • ·        Steve Byford had received a letter from Highland Senior Citizens Network and suggested that they be invited to the next meeting when Cllr Helen Carmichael will be presenting the Beauly Care Project.
  • ·        FCS has contacted The Chairman in reference to a new report relating to the Glen Affric parking issue. SB had replied stating our position.
  • ·        Update on Ewen Beaton and Sons Fund. The fund would remain open as revenue was still coming in.

Secretaries Business:

  • ·        Inverness Area Community Council Forum have requested a representative to attend next meeting on 20th November 7.00pm at the Town House.

Planning Matters: No new applications

Finance:  No report

Correspondence:  None not already discussed

 

AOCB:

  • ·        Clare Caldwell had received a request that the road in Breakachy that had been resurfaced a year ago could be surface dressed as it was extremely slippery. The Secretary agreed to contact TEC services.
  • ·        Bus shelter is ready for collection, waiting on MH.

Next meeting 6th Dec at the Beauly Gallery – 7.30pm

Meeting Closed: 21.25hrs

Signed:   High436 

Minutes of the Meeting of Thursday 4th October 2012

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 4th October 2012 at the ‘The Beauly Gallery’ at 7.30pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chairman), John Stewart, John Graham, Mary Graham, Clare Caldwell,  Alisdair Stewart,

Apologies: Cllr. Drew Hendry, Cllr. Hamish Wood, Cllr. Margaret Harrison, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Mark Hedderwick, Duncan Fraser

Community Members:

Guests: Sgt. Gregor Hay, Northern Constabulary

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 6th September 2012 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Stewart and seconded John Graham – Approved.

The Chairman invited Sgt Gregor Hay to address the meeting. Sgt Hay requested that members of the Community were forthcoming with information as what may not seem that important to us may fill in gaps in ongoing investigations. The speed of traffic on the Cannich Road was discussed and Sgt. Hay agreed to contact SSE, especially in the light of a recent accident and the shortening daylight hours. The Chair thanked Sgt. Hay for joining us and for his support to the community.

Matters arising:

  • ·        SSE: We hope that SSE/SHETL will be attending the next meeting to bring us up to date with the paths.
  • ·        TEC Services: We have had an update from TEC services that the Broallan Road is to be resurfaced, white lining is planned and a budget for drains and culverts approved. The 30mph Roundels on the Altyre Road have been painted. We have been in contact with Richard Evans about winter snow and ice clearance and a commitment to review the service has been made by the new administration. That issue is ongoing.
  • ·        Bus Shelter and Parking area:  Bus Shelter is now ordered. Delivery 4-6weeks.

Chairman’s Business:

  • ·        The Chairman informed the meeting that the Ewen Beaton Fund was still receiving donations and the bank was liaising with Jo Beaton to make sure related expenses were covered. The books of Condolence were now withdrawn and will be handed over at a suitable time.

Secretaries Business:

Planning Matters:

  • ·        It was pointed out that no outstanding applications had yet been approved.
  • ·        House of Beauly Planning in Principle application had been refused

Finance:

  • ·        The funding from the British legion had been received by John Stewart and banked.

Correspondence:

  • ·        Public Engagement in Off-shore energy. John and Mary Graham attended the road show. The impact on tourism may affect us but there is little we can contribute at this time. There will be a further road show next year which will define suggested areas of development which may well interest us. Announcements by the Scottish Government are rather premature at this time.
  • ·        Short-life Working Group on Community Council. The report has been circulated. There are some areas of concern and some of agreement. As can be expected those of concern emanated from the Government and COSLA, those of agreement from the Community Council representatives.

AOCB:

  • ·        Path from Kilmorack Hall: Community Payback have cleared the path but Alisdair Stewart asked that the CC could request permission from TEC services to extend the path to the Kilmorack bus shelter.
  • ·        SSE Fairburn Windfarm Update: We are listed as represented parties and have received a rather bland update.

Next meeting 1st Nov at the Beauly Gallery – 7.30pm

Meeting Closed: 9.10pm

Signed:   SB

Minutes of Meeting, Thursday 6th September 2012

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 6th September 2012 at the ‘The Kilmorack Community Hall at 7.30pm

Present: John Stewart(Vice-Chairman), Duncan Fraser, John Graham, Mary Graham, Mark Hedderwick, Alisdair Stewart, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Margaret Davidson

Apologies: Steve Byford, Clare Cauldwell, Cllr. Drew Hendry, Cllr. Hamish Wood

Community Members: Ron Mclaughlin

The Meeting commenced with a period of reflection to remember the families of The Gairloch Tragedy: Ewen Beaton, Ewen and James Beaton and Grace Mackay.

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 7th June 2012 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Stewart and seconded John Graham – Approved.

Matters arising:

  • ·        Bus Shelter and Parking area:  Mark Hedderwick reported a meeting with Tom Lewis(Aggregate Industries) and expressed some concerns over boggy ground and drainage. He will speak to the neighbouring land owner and work will commence to coincide with the quarry path work.
  • ·        Glen Affric Parking Charges –JG/MG attended FCS meeting Fri 15th June at Cannich Village Hall. FCS were made aware of strong local feelings and concerns by all community members. Meters will remain covered until a solution has been found.

 

  • ·        Druim Ba: PLI has concluded and final statements have been forwarded to the Reporter. We now await the decision of the Scottish Ministers which may take up to a year. A cheque for £250 has been sent as our contribution to the wirescapes and photomontages produced as part of our representation on visual impact.

 

  • ·        Storage Container at Cemetery: Parks and Cemeteries are dealing with this. Cllr. Carmichael to check on progress.

 

  • ·        Memorial Fund and Condolence Books: Mark Hedderwick expressed the thanks of the Beaton family to all the Community for the support that they have given. A memorial fund was set up at RBS, Beauly and books of Condolence placed at the Beauly Gallery and in the Post Office. It was decided that the bank account and post office book would remain for the time being. It was made clear that the fund would not be managed by KCC but would go straight to the Beaton family. Mark Hedderwick agreed to be our liaison with the Family.

 

Mark Hedderwick then left the meeting: 20.10hrs

 

Chairman’s Business:

  • ·        Benches at Beauly Toll War Memorial: John Stewart reported that Steve Byford had arranged for two teak benches to be installed at the War Memorial. Alisdair Stewart and the Community Payback team had installed them, well anchored on concrete bases. One was sponsored by the Lovat estate in memory of Lady Rosamund Fraser and one by the British Legion in Scotland, Beauly Branch. Approval from Lovat Esates (HC) will be sought for Alisdair and the Community Payback to continue to maintain the area.
  • ·        Beauly Toll – Lighting and Paths. JG had contacted TEC services and was awaiting a response. However we understand that work will not be done until two further transformers, for Fort Augustus, which will overnight at Wester Balblair have been delivered. There are ongoing issues regarding the agreed route and timings. No planning application has been seen for the footpaths promised by SSE. JG will contact Lisa Kelly.

Secretaries Business:

  • ·        SSE Open Day: The event was well attended and useful contacts made.

Planning Matters:

  • ·        House plot at Lower Leanassie for Martha Crawford: An issue with a Right of Way at the edge of the development which has been destroyed by the Contractor has been referred to Stewart Eastaugh, Access Officer THC. Following a meeting with Martha Crawford a solution was presented to THC and was agreed. A new path was cut through and resurfaced and further work, sponsored by THC was agreed for future action(MH to do the necessary improvements).
  • ·        Bluebell House has had to re-submit house plan moving the plot nearer to the road. No further action was considered necessary.
  • ·        House of Beauly: An application for demolition and PinP for nine new houses lodged. KCC has lodged an objection on the grounds that the property should be retained as a draw to the town. The Beauly Community were looking at the possibility of purchase and considered further expensive housing un-necessary.

Finance:

  • ·        Duncan Fraser reported that monies had been received by Lovat Estate and were anticipated from the British Legion for the new benches.
  • ·        We have also received the Ward Discretionary Fund payment for the Bus Shelter at Kilmorack Gallery and the Annual HC grant.
  • ·        The Payment for the Wirescapes and photomontages(£250) has been paid.
  • ·        Duncan reported that the KCC was in funds but had the benches and the Bus shelter still to pay out.

 

Correspondence:

  • ·        Small Communities Housing Trust letter – Although not affected at this time all agreed that the KCC should become members.
  • ·        Inverness Skate Parks – A letter of support had been sent.
  • ·        Ferintosh Community Council objection to Clath Liath – KCC had sent in a letter of objection and JG had attended a meeting and provided some advice based on our experience with Druim Ba.
  • ·        Highland Licensing – with no licensed premises in the KCC area it was felt inappropriate to make any comment unless the committee felt otherwise.
  • ·        Inverness Area CC’s Forum – Inner Moray Firth DP -2nd October Town House, 7.00pm

 

AOCB:

  • ·        A suggestion was made that a definitive map of the area listing all Public Rights of Way and other footpaths would be a benefit, especially to those holidaying in the area. Stewart Eastaugh may be able to assist. Agreement was reached to pursue.
  • ·        Small-scale Wind Turbines – Supplementary Guidance. A brief discussion took place and a letter expressing concerns over minimum distances will be sent.

Next meeting 4th Oct at the Beauly Gallery – 7.30pm

Meeting Closed: 9.15pm

Signed:   SB

Thursday 7th June 2012

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 7th June 2012 at the ‘Kirk’, Wester Balblair at 7.30pm

Present: Steve Byford(Chairman), John Stewart, Duncan Fraser, John Graham, Mary Graham, Cllr. Helen Carmichael

Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Drew Hendry, Clare Caldwell, Alisdair Stewart

Community Members: Ron Mclaughlin

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 3rd May 2012 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Steve Byford and seconded John Graham – Approved.

Matters arising:

  • ·        Kilmorack Cemetery Car Park: Hopefully to be agreed at the next Ward meeting.

 

  • ·        Glen Affric Parking Charges – SB and JG/MG to attend FCS meeting Fri 15th June at Cannich Village Hall, 13.30hrs.

 

  • ·        Druim Ba: John Graham updated the committee on progress with the Druim Ba PLI which commences 26.06.12. The applicant had submitted 5 large boxes of new data. The Reporter has allowed objectors an extra week to send in their precognitions and lifted the limit on the number of words submitted. JG asked it to be noted the sterling work that Hilda Heisling has put into reading and preparing all the papers and information for the PLI and delivery the completed papers to Edinburgh, Stirling and Perth.

Chairman’s Business:

  • ·        Steve Byford and John Stewart attended a community liaison meeting with Aggregate Industries. As part of reclaiming the land 2-3000 trees had been planted.
  • ·        SB, JS and DF will seek quotations for two seats could be provided by the war memorial. Donations could be sort and John Stewart was to speak to the British Legion and Lovat Estates

Secretaries Business:

  • ·        JG and MG attended Big Lottery Fund info day. Possibilities of funding for Aigas Forest and First Responders was identified and both groups have been advised.
  • ·        Leaflets have been distributed to homes in the area affected by the undergrounding of overhead cables in the Wester Balblair area about an information day that SSE is running at Kilmorack Hall on 13th June 2012. 2-7pm
  • ·        It was agreed to respond to an email from Richard Crawford (Inverness South CC) calling for Community Councils to work together. The Committee considered it appropriate to have a meeting to see how this could be taken forward. Duncan Fraser stated that there were issues on the Moray Firth Plan that crossed Community Boundaries.

Planning Matters:

  • ·        Conservatory at The Croft, 14 Ruilick – 12/02030/FUL

Finance:

  • ·        Cheque has been paid out to cover the fencing at Beauly Toll.

 

Correspondence:

  • ·        Advised of Developer Contributions Consultations where 1% of capital costs are directed to Art – no action
  • ·        Protecting Vulnerable Persons – As we do not employ people it was decided as not relevant

AOCB:

  • ·        Storage Container at the gallery has been brought to the Committee’s notice. Parks and Cemeteries are dealing with the issue.
  • ·        Further to approaches made by the local community regarding safety concerns to an advertising board relative to the junction at Teanassie this issue was discussed. Planning permission would seem not to have be applied for. Cllr. Carmichael would speak to Alan Johnson at TEC services.
  • ·        Traffic speed at Altyre. Safety concerns were expressed about the speed of vehicles and the position of 30mph signs. A request for markings on the road surface was suggested as the most practical solution. Cllr. Carmichael will speak to TEC services.
  • ·        Jubilee Party: Committee had not been approached by the School or the Hall for funding. It was felt that the opportunity had now passed.
  • ·        Advised of Large Pothole on Left side of road between Teawig and Beauly Toll. Cllr. Carmichael to report to TEC services.

Meeting Closed: 9.40pm

Signed:   John Stewart (Vice-Chair)

Thursday 3rd May 2012

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 3rd May 2012 at the ‘Kirk’, Wester Balblair at 7.50pm

Present: Steve Byford(Chairman), John Stewart, Duncan Fraser, John Graham, Mary Graham, Mark Hedderwick(8.30pm)

Apologies: Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Drew Hendry, Clare Caldwell

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 5th April 2012 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Steve Byford and seconded John Graham – Approved.

First Responders: Duncan Mackintosh and Alan Hogan demonstrated the Heart Start apparatus and fully briefed the committee on the workings and capacities of the First Responders service. The local unit comprises of 12 volunteers who commit a minimum of four hours per month and three hours training. They have attended around 160 call outs per year which makes it one of the busiest services in Scotland. They stated that the main concern was the poor signing of houses locally, which causes delays especially on a winter’s night. The organisation was also hoping to bring on Heart Start/CPR courses within the Communities it serves. First Responders are sponsored by the British Heart Foundation and supported by NHS Scotland. The Chairman thanked them for their attendance and for their service to the Community.

Matters arising:

  • ·        Kilmorack Cemetery Car Park: awaiting response to WDF application. John Stewart opinioned that should funds be forthcoming we should proceed as soon as possible.
  • ·        Lights and Bollards – TEC services have confirmed that unlit reflective bollards will be provided before the Autumn. We have suggested an earlier date would be welcome.
  • ·        Glen Affric Parking Charges – No action until after the elections. SB had collected a number of signatures in the Kirk.
  • ·        Druim Ba: John Graham passed around copies of our statement of case that has been provided to the Reporter. (available on the web site)We are preparing the case for the three community councils, Kilmorack, Kirltarlity and Inverness West. Glenurquart may well join us. Abriachan Forest Trust is providing a forestry assessment of the practical application of key holing and possible wind blow.
  • ·        New Scottish Government Planning Charges: JG briefed members on the increases to charges for houses, Planning in Principal and farm buildings that would affect local development. A briefing paper was circulated. These are only proposals at the moment and the committee considered the cap on wind farm and large scale development was too low. Costs over those, which are often incurred on large projects, would fall on the ratepayer.
  • ·        Inner Moray Firth Local Development Plan: Duncan Fraser, John Graham and Mary Graham had attended the presentation at Phipps Hall and had expressed some concern to the proposal by Hatfield Farms to build 38 houses at Ruilick and a further four by Dunmore Lodges. In essence this is only a wish list delineating where HC would prefer development, whether housing or recreational. It was felt that HC’s approach had opened a bit of a wasp’s nest and encouraged land owners and developers to put forward land for inclusion that may not be suitable. Access to both these sites is poor, facilities non existent and opposition strong. As these are simply suggestions we shall address those issues relevant and wait future applications. On the more positive note the majority of KCC is addressed as hinterland and fairy well protected.

Chairman’s Business:

  • ·        The Chairman felt that it would be appropriate to recognise Alisdair Stewart’s input to the Community Council and it was proposed that he be appointed our Community Payback Liaison Officer. SB proposed, JG seconded. This was approved.
  • ·        First Responders: The Chairman suggested that we ought to support the scheme as possible. Primarily we could provide an accurate annotated map of the area and use what influence we could bring to bear to persuade homes in the area to improve signposting. He expressed concern that the volunteers were paying for their own petrol and mostly used their own transport. The Chairman also supported the principle of Heart Start/CPR courses in the local community. Should funds become available from Community Benefit (Fairburn) this would be an ideal area to support.

Secretaries Business:

  • ·        Mary Graham briefly reported on a Scottish Government proposal for Rural Parliaments. Whether this is an election ploy from the First Minister or a serious proposal is yet to be proven. A somewhat sceptical committee felt unsure of any advantage.

Planning Matters:

  • ·        The Hatfield Farms proposal has yet to be brought forward as a planning application and must be considered should that happen. Concerns were expressed by Community members at the round table discussion and the Architect for the plan suggested that any plans may be of a smaller scale than originally suggested. We are however advised that construction work on the road to the approved Shooting Lodge for Hatfield Farms is to commence shortly. This is to support the re-issue of the existing planning permission.
  • ·        Robbie Short has applied for Planning in Principle for a 1.5 story house 400m NW of Waterfurrows adjacent to his workshop and a summerhouse. No member expressed opposition at the meeting.

Finance: No report

 

Correspondence:

 

AOCB:

  • ·        Steve Byford and John Stewart will be meeting with the Aggregate Industries Quarry sub committee.
  • ·        The possibility of benches by the war memorial was discussed and representations will be made to Lovat Estates.
  • ·        Concerns were expressed at the high traffic speed through Westair Balblair after the 30mph limit on the Altyre Road. Contact with TEC services to see if improvements could be made

Meeting Closed: 10.00pm

 

Signed:   SB