Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 6th December 2012 at the ‘The Beauly Gallery’ at 7.30pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chairman), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Duncan Fraser, Alisdair Stewart, Mark Hedderwick(19.55hrs)
Apologies: Cllr. Drew Hendry, Cllr. Hamish Wood, Cllr. Margaret Harrison, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Clare Caldwell, John Stewart
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 1st November 2012 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Graham and seconded Steve Byford – Approved.
- · A request from Ferintosh Community Council to sign the letter of opposition to the Clath Liath Wind Farm had been received with a draft copy. The final draft had not arrived but it was proposed by John Graham and seconded by Alisdair Stewart that this be approved. – passed.
- · Snow and Ice Clearance – John Graham and Mark Hedderwick were to pursue options.
- · Report on meeting with Aggregate Industries Community Liaison Forum attended by Steve Byford and John Stewart. A suggestion came forward that a meeting with local residents and the quarry be convened to discuss landscaping timescale, night lorries (noise from reversing beepers) and traffic speed(suggestion of traffic lights at quarry entrance)
- · House in Multiple Occupancy: Committee felt that this had limited relevance to this area.
- · Inverness Area Community Council Forum was attended by John Graham. A presentation on snow clearance was very interesting but most other items were City centric. The Chair of the Forum did make the point that to encourage involvement of rural communities required discussion of items of rural interest.
- · Meeting dates for 2013 had been circulated and were agreed.
- · Applications for an extention to Urchany Cottage had been lodged. Local residents had been approached and were happy with the proposals – No action
- · Traffic Restrictions Altyre Road. SSE had been contacted. Temp. restriction.
- · 12/04342/FUL Land at Ruilick –Various local objections had been noted. Letter of concern would be sent to planning.
- · 12/04.42/PIP Land in Garden of Firthview, 7 Ruisaurie – Strong reservations had been made on the cumulative impact and questions as to the suitability of the proposal. Drainage etc. A letter of objection to this proposal will be sent.
Finance: The Treasurer confirmed a balance of £3412.87 in the bank including a sum of £500 from Ffordes towards snow clearance. Payments for the car park upgrade were still to be paid out as was the Secretarial yearly figure.
- · Alisdair Stewart asked for a donation to the garden at Teanassie School of £500. It was suggested that a more appropriate source may be direct to the Ward Discretionary Funding as we have had our money for this year and once outstanding payments are made we will have limited resources to last us to next year.
- · Memorial Lights. There have been complaints of the lights shining into the adjacent houses and defector shades are being sourced to prevent the problem. However this means that the lights are not on in this Christmas period.
Next meeting 7th Feb 2013 at the Beauly Gallery – 7.30pm
Meeting Closed: 21.15hrs