Minutes of Meeting Wednesday 3rd November 2021

Minutes of Meeting held on Wednesday 3rd November 2021 at The Kilmorack Community Hall at 7.30pm

Present: Steve Byford(Chair), John Stewart(Vice Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham,  Mark Hedderwick, John Graham(Secretary), Cllr David Fraser.

Apologies: Graham Mackay, Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Emma Knox

Guests: None

Meeting Commenced at 19.30hrs (7.30pm)

Minutes of Previous Meeting Thursday 7th October 2021 – Proposed DF, Seconded SB. Passed.

Police Scotland: No report.

Matters Arising:

  • Ditches and Drains – No further action as yet.
  • Aigas Community Forest felling is on hold pending clearance of felled timber to the mills. Traffic measures will continue as soon as they restart. New tractor has been delivered albeit a delay in registration from the DVLA has restricted use to off road/in forest for now.
  • SSEN Upgrade – Promised documents never arrived. No internet connection at hall. Some confusion regarding planning advised by EK but not received from Planning and those advised by Sally Cooper (SSE) although one set of papers are on planning portal. SB and JS to study and consider response. One refers to provision for Hydro the other to provision for Lochluichart wind farm extension III. Deadline 12.11.21
  • Winter resilience. Communication from THC has been circulated and any additional volunteers should be notified to Community Services for insurance cover.

Chairman’s Business:

  • Bank of Scotland building parking restrictions by Lovat Estates. SB had received a response from Simon, Lord Lovat to explain the history of the parking area and that Lovat did own it and had spent £10k resurfacing it. It was felt a disappointment but is up to Beauly CC to address. It was accepted that Kilmorack residents were more likely to need parking than Beauly residents. Some improvements of Braeview Car Park with better lighting and CCTV might encourage more staff from the shops to park thereby freeing up space in the square.
  • Broadband Prospects: SB enlightened the Council to the latest options for extending Broadband in the Braes. SB has researched the schemes and is pursuing options. He asked the Secretary to provide postcodes fro the area.

Vice Chairman:

  • No action yet on the quarry entrance road condition,
  • Noise Monitoring has been going on for the last two weeks. JS is still monitoring and logging noise issues.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Kilmorack Hall will not be available until 8.15pm from this week due to a weekly yoga session. The Council felt that was too late a start and asked the Secretary to explore options including the Magnus Centre.
  • The Ward Manager has asked us to consider registering the Defib on The Circuit. We already have done and the Secretary checks the unit each month end and registers it’s availability with The Circuit. He also advised that the other Defib at the Golf Club has been advised of the option.
  • Kilmorack Community Hall AGM is on Sunday 7th November at 7.30pm. The Chair asked for volunteers to attend. No volunteers. 


  • DF confirmed that the balance stood at £4213.31

Planning Applications: Planning for WB has been advised to the Council although official notification from Planning has not been received.


  • Communication from SSEN to local residents regarding the new transformers for Aigas Dam have been received creating a great deal of concern. SSE to visit Monday 8th to Wednesday 10th November to survey the sites.
  • Remembrance Sunday – SB and JS likely to attend.

Meeting closed at 21.30hrs (9.30pm)

Next meeting Thursday 2nd December 2021 by Zoom