Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 6th November 2014 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.45pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick
Apologies: Cllr. Hamish Wood
Meeting commenced: 7.46pm.
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 2nd October 2014 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Mark Hedderwick and seconded Duncan Fraser – Approved.
Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report:
- PC Scott Maclean confirmed that there were no crimes reported and ask that the Community checked and prepared their vehicles for winter. New drink drive limit approved by government. Left at 8.10pm.
- Wester Balblair – The SVC was switched off on Tuesday 4th THC EHOs measured noise levels on Wednesday night. Letter was requested to be sent to Gregor MacCormick, cc to Neil Anderson, SSE, re the increased noise levels on Sunday 2nd Nov and the need for continuous noise measurements over a longer period to allow for different load and atmospheric conditions. The Community need to be assured that this will be done!
- Winter Resilience – The salt bins have been delivered and we are now just awaiting the snow pushers etc. Duncan was given maps to mark the problem areas of culverts and ditches so they can be addressed before the weather turns.
- Walling/seats – awaiting quotes
- Dog Fouling – four signs put up. Some resistance to what was seen as urbanisation.
- Nation of Lifesavers – British Heart Foundation offer of grant for a defibrillator was discussed. The Hall committee will be approached and JG/MG will pursue. All supported the proposal to sponsor the unit by £400 plus the cost of an outside box.
- Budget Consultation – arrange meeting with Cllr. Davidson. It was considered the form too proscriptive so an appropriate letter should be drafted and sent.
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- Increase of rubbish on Altyre Brae. Email Neil Anderson to include in next CLG Group agenda(MG)
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- Community Panel MG to collect responses
- IACC Forum – Members were asked to volunteer to attend
- Small Communities Housing Trust – invite to attend next meeting
Finance: No new transactions this month
Planning Matters: Allt Carach Met Mast had been approved on appeal by the Scottish Ministers (DEPA)
AOCB: No business
Next meeting: 4th December 2014 at the Kilmorack Hall – 7.45pm
Meeting Closed: 22.23hrs