Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 1st September 2016 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.45pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Duncan Fraser, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Jean Davis
Present: Shane MacLennan, PC Maclean, PC MacDonald
Apologies: John Stewart, Cllr Davidson.
Meeting commenced: 7.48pm
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 2nd Junel 2016 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Steven Byford,, seconded by Duncan Fraser – Approved.
Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report:
- There were no incidents in the Kilmorack area.
Planning for Contractor’s yard and retrospective planning for new access at Lower Leanassie. Shane Maclennan addressed the residents concerns surrounding his application.
- How many vehicles?
- 8 vans and 8 plant. 10 – 12 plant visits per year (est)
- Will all loading be done on site.?
- Yes. Improvements to bell mouth and tarmac apron will facilitate low loaders to access site where all loading will take place.
- Type of building?
- Now considering a more conventional shed with concrete floor.
- Provision for containment of hydraulic oil/fuel spillage?
- Tanks will be bunded to 110%, straw mats for water courses and oil sump in floor of building. JC commented that this was not shown on plans.
- Further works?
- SM replied approx 3 weeks, using ‘pecker’(hydraulic hammer) for some of that time, would be needed to complete site.SM assured SB that this would be done with consideration for residents. SB asked for hours to be set and no working after 6.30pm with no Sundays or Bank Holidays. (subsequent to the meeting we were advised that contractor’s working hours now come under the Environmental Health Dept and are 08.00 to 19.00hrs Monday to Friday, 08.00 to 13.00hrs on Saturday and no working on Sunday or Bank Holidays)
- Visual –what impact on area?
- Only one neighbour could see N. end of access road. Further work on west side of A831 entrance to improve visibility. Landscaping would be done on completion.
- SM left at 8.35pm.
- Mark Hedderwick was now the KCC representative on the Aigas Community Forest Board.
- Wester Balblair Noise update: JG and DF attended July CLG. The cause of the noise has now been identified but why and how remains a mystery. Engineers are further testing and are progressing work on the earthing cables which seems to be the source of the problem. SVC to be run at full power until October due to maintenance at Peterhead, Foyers and Huntertson. (National Grid diktat) MSCDNs not commissioned yet and awaiting an outage. SB stated that the Community had suffered for 5 years and the noise was now as bad as ever. Mitigations are not working. SB considered a letter to David Gardner requesting definition of future timescale is called for.
Vice Chairman’s Report:
In the Vice Chair’s absence, SB presented his written comments
- SVC noise levels very loud over the last few days.
- Murphy cabins – KCC will be contacted when they are available.
- Bench Seats – John Murray to start 3rd week in September
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- Letter of thanks for the Community Support from the Highland Cross.
- Letter regarding the Druim Ba PLI. KCC request to attend had been sent.
- Treasurer reported the The Highland Council annual grant had been received.
- 16/03327/FUL Contractor’s Yard Lower Leanassie and retrospective planning for access to A831. Following representation from residents and presentation by Shane MacLennan it was decided that comments should be addressed to the planner re road safety and stopping loading of diggers on the road, To clarify the hours of working as the EHO standards that supercede planning conditions and to address the community’s concerns re contamination and pollution potential of the water courses and the Beauly River.
- Cnoc an Eas Wind Farm: further details to ES received. It was considered that no further comments to those already presented are necessary.
AOCB: Verge cutting. Cllr Davis informed the Community Council that a second tractor had been contracted..
Next meeting: Thursday 6th October 2016 at 7.45pm
Meeting Closed: 9.25pm