Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 1st February 2018 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer)[08.10pm], John Graham, Mark Hedderwick[07.42pm], Cllr. Emma Knox.
Community Members : Kevin Mackay, Graham Mackay, Eddie Stefaniak and Bryan MacLelland
Apologies: Cllr. Helen Carmichael
Meeting commenced: 19.35hrs
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 7th December 2017 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Graham, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.
Planning Presentation: 17/05659/FUL | Erection of house & detached garage | Croft Land 1 Broallan Kilmorack Beauly IV4 7AH.
Kevin Mackay presented his plans for a family home on a 7 acre plot of croftland and addressed concerns that were raised by neighbours.
- Pressure on services
- Loss of crofting land
- Drainage of land liable to water logging
- Proximity to Birchwood
- Any intention of further development
Kevin Mackay and other interested community members then left.
Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: No attendance. Report now covers several CCs. Police Scotland have promoted a warning of on-line scams which we have circulated using social media and our web site.
- Noise at Teanassie – Noise complaints have been received about dogs barking late at night and also out of hours noise from the contractors yard. Dog issue, on recommendation, was referred to EHO by the complainant and action has been taken. Out of hours operation was likewise recommended for the residents to contact THC.
- Footpaths Update – Funding for maintenance discussion ongoing with the CC agreeing that index linked ongoing annual grant was the best option.
- Ditches and Drains – Pot holes – send photos and GPS location to Community Services(Roads) at THC
(Cllr. Emma Knox left at 8.20pm)
- SSEN CLG – New liaison officer Kelly Scott.
- Increase in noise on occasions possibly due to transformer next to SVC. Accoustic jacket planned.
- Dounreay line to be restrung. Work on reduced height towers behind Wester Balblair has begun.
Vice Chairman’s Report: No Report
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- Date for First aid training postponed due to bad weather and flu outbreak.
- IACCF Meeting- Bank Closure was discussed.
- Fire Scotland – Community Asset register.
- Balance stands at £1964.65 after Secretary’s honorarium paid.
- 17/05934/FUL| Change of use of land for siting of accommodation unit, erection of forestry shed/stable, installation of infiltration bed, upgrade of access track | Land 435M SW Of Aigas Power Station Beauly – No objections.
- 17/05659/FUL | Erection of house & detached garage | Croft Land 1 Broallan Kilmorack Beauly IV4 7AH. – SB declared a conflict of interest being an adjoining property. There were a number of concerns about drainage and further development. Comment to planner to limit development on the whole site to the one dwelling.
- Altyre – Any complaints to SSEBuilding works,
- Placque for seats at Toll Bypass – Wording given by Mrs. Munro’s daughters and agreed.
Next meeting: Thursday 1st March 2018 at 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)
Meeting Closed: 20.50hrs