Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 1st November 2012 at the ‘The Beauly Gallery’ at 7.30pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chairman), John Stewart(Vice Chairman), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Clare Caldwell, Cllr. Helen Carmichael
Apologies: Cllr. Drew Hendry, Cllr. Hamish Wood, Cllr. Margaret Harrison, Mark Hedderwick, Duncan Fraser, Alisdair Stewart
Community Members: Ron Mclaughlin, Mrs Smith
Guests: Sgt. Gregor Hay, John Scott(SSE), Morven Smith(SSE)
The meeting commenced at 19.40hrs with an update from John Scott, Project Manager for the Western Isles HVDC Link(SSE), and Morven Smith, Corporate Affairs(SSE) on the progress of the Beauly Toll and Altyre footpaths. There was a problem that the KCC felt these needed to be expedited as a safety issue in line with the original mitigation agreement and should be seen as a priority but SSE sited planning, legal and funding issues meaning that work was unlikely to commence until late summer 2013 or when the Western Isles link has begun. Sgt Hay stated that the Police had received a number of complaints about the speed of contractors vehicles using the Cannich Road and was also concerned with the poor signage for the very large, often foreign, lorries delivering to the sub station. John Stewart observed that this often resulted in them turning right into Wester Balblair village. Morven Smith promised to respond to KCC in seven days after referring our strong concerns to her superiors. Steven Byford then thanked John Scott and Morven Smith for coming to the meeting after which they left – 20.12hrs
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 4th October 2012 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Steve Byford and seconded Clare Caldwell – Approved.
Sgt Gregor Hays left 20.25hrs
- · TEC Services: JG reported that a meeting with Richard Evans and John Taylor, attended by Steven Byord, John Stewart, Mary Graham and John Graham, had taken place at the Kirk re winter gritting and snow clearance times. It was suggested that an accommodation may be possible to change routings which will be investigated. KCC put forward the suggestion of some element of self help and TEC services stated that they would be able to make salt supplies available but financial assistance would not be available. It was agreed that KCC may consider the purchase of a small gritter possibly with assistance from the WDF. Discussions about ditches and culverts took place and work is in hand. Further discussions at the meeting agreed that a small gritter may be purchased subject to raising sufficient funds. An application will be made to the WDF and SB suggested local business would probably add support and pledged £500 from his own company.
Cllr Helen Carmichael left 21.05pm
- · Steve Byford had received a letter from Highland Senior Citizens Network and suggested that they be invited to the next meeting when Cllr Helen Carmichael will be presenting the Beauly Care Project.
- · FCS has contacted The Chairman in reference to a new report relating to the Glen Affric parking issue. SB had replied stating our position.
- · Update on Ewen Beaton and Sons Fund. The fund would remain open as revenue was still coming in.
- · Inverness Area Community Council Forum have requested a representative to attend next meeting on 20th November 7.00pm at the Town House.
Planning Matters: No new applications
Finance: No report
Correspondence: None not already discussed
- · Clare Caldwell had received a request that the road in Breakachy that had been resurfaced a year ago could be surface dressed as it was extremely slippery. The Secretary agreed to contact TEC services.
- · Bus shelter is ready for collection, waiting on MH.
Next meeting 6th Dec at the Beauly Gallery – 7.30pm
Meeting Closed: 21.25hrs