Thursday 7th June 2012

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 7th June 2012 at the ‘Kirk’, Wester Balblair at 7.30pm

Present: Steve Byford(Chairman), John Stewart, Duncan Fraser, John Graham, Mary Graham, Cllr. Helen Carmichael

Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Drew Hendry, Clare Caldwell, Alisdair Stewart

Community Members: Ron Mclaughlin

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 3rd May 2012 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Steve Byford and seconded John Graham – Approved.

Matters arising:

  • ·        Kilmorack Cemetery Car Park: Hopefully to be agreed at the next Ward meeting.

 

  • ·        Glen Affric Parking Charges – SB and JG/MG to attend FCS meeting Fri 15th June at Cannich Village Hall, 13.30hrs.

 

  • ·        Druim Ba: John Graham updated the committee on progress with the Druim Ba PLI which commences 26.06.12. The applicant had submitted 5 large boxes of new data. The Reporter has allowed objectors an extra week to send in their precognitions and lifted the limit on the number of words submitted. JG asked it to be noted the sterling work that Hilda Heisling has put into reading and preparing all the papers and information for the PLI and delivery the completed papers to Edinburgh, Stirling and Perth.

Chairman’s Business:

  • ·        Steve Byford and John Stewart attended a community liaison meeting with Aggregate Industries. As part of reclaiming the land 2-3000 trees had been planted.
  • ·        SB, JS and DF will seek quotations for two seats could be provided by the war memorial. Donations could be sort and John Stewart was to speak to the British Legion and Lovat Estates

Secretaries Business:

  • ·        JG and MG attended Big Lottery Fund info day. Possibilities of funding for Aigas Forest and First Responders was identified and both groups have been advised.
  • ·        Leaflets have been distributed to homes in the area affected by the undergrounding of overhead cables in the Wester Balblair area about an information day that SSE is running at Kilmorack Hall on 13th June 2012. 2-7pm
  • ·        It was agreed to respond to an email from Richard Crawford (Inverness South CC) calling for Community Councils to work together. The Committee considered it appropriate to have a meeting to see how this could be taken forward. Duncan Fraser stated that there were issues on the Moray Firth Plan that crossed Community Boundaries.

Planning Matters:

  • ·        Conservatory at The Croft, 14 Ruilick – 12/02030/FUL

Finance:

  • ·        Cheque has been paid out to cover the fencing at Beauly Toll.

 

Correspondence:

  • ·        Advised of Developer Contributions Consultations where 1% of capital costs are directed to Art – no action
  • ·        Protecting Vulnerable Persons – As we do not employ people it was decided as not relevant

AOCB:

  • ·        Storage Container at the gallery has been brought to the Committee’s notice. Parks and Cemeteries are dealing with the issue.
  • ·        Further to approaches made by the local community regarding safety concerns to an advertising board relative to the junction at Teanassie this issue was discussed. Planning permission would seem not to have be applied for. Cllr. Carmichael would speak to Alan Johnson at TEC services.
  • ·        Traffic speed at Altyre. Safety concerns were expressed about the speed of vehicles and the position of 30mph signs. A request for markings on the road surface was suggested as the most practical solution. Cllr. Carmichael will speak to TEC services.
  • ·        Jubilee Party: Committee had not been approached by the School or the Hall for funding. It was felt that the opportunity had now passed.
  • ·        Advised of Large Pothole on Left side of road between Teawig and Beauly Toll. Cllr. Carmichael to report to TEC services.

Meeting Closed: 9.40pm

Signed:   John Stewart (Vice-Chair)

Advertisements