Minutes of the Meeting of 2nd May 2013

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 2nd May 2013 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.40pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chairman), John Stewart, Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, , Clare Caldwell, Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Hamish Wood

Apologies: Duncan Fraser, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Mark Hedderwick

Community Members: Ron Mclaughlin,

Guests: Mandy Maclemon, Isabel Fairclough

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 4th April 2013 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Stewart and seconded John Graham – Approved.

Matters arising:

  • Green Dog Walker’s Scheme – Mandy Maclemon presented the scheme to the Committee which is based on a proven non confrontational programme. The Committee were impressed by the idea but were realistic that it needed someone to drive this forward. The Chair thanked Mandy for taking the time to address us and she then departed. The Committee approved the proposal to take this forward.
  •  Beauly –Denny – Concerned was expressed at the recent use of helicopters contrary to the conditions that no helicopters should be used during the Osprey breeding season, April to August. The view was that if conditions are routinely ignored they are of little value. Roy Dennis had been consulted and his report, sent to SNH, had been adopted.
  • Path to War Memorial – John Stewart had talked to Jeff Fridge who said that they would clear the path, as a safety issue, in the near future. Funding from SG to improve war memorials for the 100th anniversary was still not agreed. Steve Byford suggested that the railings need a coat of paint and we should contact Alistair and the Community Payback scheme.
  • First Aid update. John Stewart had spoken to Alan at First Responders and we would hope to arrange something in early summer.

Chairman’s Business:

  • Maps had been sent out to mark the areas of attention in the Braes

 

Planning Matters: No applications

 

Secretary’s Business: None

Finance:  The treasurer was on holiday

Correspondence:

  • Strathglass had responded to our letter regarding Beinn Mhor advising us that there was a meeting tonight at Cannich. WPD(Scotland) Ltd has met with Tomich residents and Strathglass Community Council.
  • Community Families Fund – We have contacted the Toddlers Group but have yet to have a response.
  • Inverness Area Community Council Forum. A letter was circulated which the Forum intend to send to Mr. Dodds of The Highland Council with the request that we allow our name to be included. The view was that we do not know enough about the variations appertaining and the secretary was asked to write to the Forum that we have no opinion and are insufficiently informed to make such a statement.
  • Government planning revue. “Drop in Event” in Inverness at Eastgates, Tuesday 14th, 9.00am to 6.00pm.

 

AOCB:

  • Clare Caldwell wished to register her thanks to the community for their assistance when her car broke down on the A831.
  • Notice was brought to the Community Councils attendion of the worn edge on the Breakachy Road above the school. JG to contact TEC services.
  • We had been advised of the dumping of rubbish at the Aigas Picnic lay-bye. JG to investigate.
  • Cllr Margaret Davidson raised the issue of the Aigas Forest and access to funds through the Scottish Land Fund which had proved impossible due to EU conditions. Leasing was still an option but pressure was being brought to the Minister to reconsider the Land Fund restrictions.

Next meeting 6th June 2013 at the Kilmorack Hall – 7.30pm.

Meeting Closed: 21.15hrs

Signed:

High436 

 

 

 

Steve Byford,

Chairman   

Advertisements