Minutes of Meeting, Thursday 6th September 2012

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 6th September 2012 at the ‘The Kilmorack Community Hall at 7.30pm

Present: John Stewart(Vice-Chairman), Duncan Fraser, John Graham, Mary Graham, Mark Hedderwick, Alisdair Stewart, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Margaret Davidson

Apologies: Steve Byford, Clare Cauldwell, Cllr. Drew Hendry, Cllr. Hamish Wood

Community Members: Ron Mclaughlin

The Meeting commenced with a period of reflection to remember the families of The Gairloch Tragedy: Ewen Beaton, Ewen and James Beaton and Grace Mackay.

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 7th June 2012 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Stewart and seconded John Graham – Approved.

Matters arising:

  • ·        Bus Shelter and Parking area:  Mark Hedderwick reported a meeting with Tom Lewis(Aggregate Industries) and expressed some concerns over boggy ground and drainage. He will speak to the neighbouring land owner and work will commence to coincide with the quarry path work.
  • ·        Glen Affric Parking Charges –JG/MG attended FCS meeting Fri 15th June at Cannich Village Hall. FCS were made aware of strong local feelings and concerns by all community members. Meters will remain covered until a solution has been found.

 

  • ·        Druim Ba: PLI has concluded and final statements have been forwarded to the Reporter. We now await the decision of the Scottish Ministers which may take up to a year. A cheque for £250 has been sent as our contribution to the wirescapes and photomontages produced as part of our representation on visual impact.

 

  • ·        Storage Container at Cemetery: Parks and Cemeteries are dealing with this. Cllr. Carmichael to check on progress.

 

  • ·        Memorial Fund and Condolence Books: Mark Hedderwick expressed the thanks of the Beaton family to all the Community for the support that they have given. A memorial fund was set up at RBS, Beauly and books of Condolence placed at the Beauly Gallery and in the Post Office. It was decided that the bank account and post office book would remain for the time being. It was made clear that the fund would not be managed by KCC but would go straight to the Beaton family. Mark Hedderwick agreed to be our liaison with the Family.

 

Mark Hedderwick then left the meeting: 20.10hrs

 

Chairman’s Business:

  • ·        Benches at Beauly Toll War Memorial: John Stewart reported that Steve Byford had arranged for two teak benches to be installed at the War Memorial. Alisdair Stewart and the Community Payback team had installed them, well anchored on concrete bases. One was sponsored by the Lovat estate in memory of Lady Rosamund Fraser and one by the British Legion in Scotland, Beauly Branch. Approval from Lovat Esates (HC) will be sought for Alisdair and the Community Payback to continue to maintain the area.
  • ·        Beauly Toll – Lighting and Paths. JG had contacted TEC services and was awaiting a response. However we understand that work will not be done until two further transformers, for Fort Augustus, which will overnight at Wester Balblair have been delivered. There are ongoing issues regarding the agreed route and timings. No planning application has been seen for the footpaths promised by SSE. JG will contact Lisa Kelly.

Secretaries Business:

  • ·        SSE Open Day: The event was well attended and useful contacts made.

Planning Matters:

  • ·        House plot at Lower Leanassie for Martha Crawford: An issue with a Right of Way at the edge of the development which has been destroyed by the Contractor has been referred to Stewart Eastaugh, Access Officer THC. Following a meeting with Martha Crawford a solution was presented to THC and was agreed. A new path was cut through and resurfaced and further work, sponsored by THC was agreed for future action(MH to do the necessary improvements).
  • ·        Bluebell House has had to re-submit house plan moving the plot nearer to the road. No further action was considered necessary.
  • ·        House of Beauly: An application for demolition and PinP for nine new houses lodged. KCC has lodged an objection on the grounds that the property should be retained as a draw to the town. The Beauly Community were looking at the possibility of purchase and considered further expensive housing un-necessary.

Finance:

  • ·        Duncan Fraser reported that monies had been received by Lovat Estate and were anticipated from the British Legion for the new benches.
  • ·        We have also received the Ward Discretionary Fund payment for the Bus Shelter at Kilmorack Gallery and the Annual HC grant.
  • ·        The Payment for the Wirescapes and photomontages(£250) has been paid.
  • ·        Duncan reported that the KCC was in funds but had the benches and the Bus shelter still to pay out.

 

Correspondence:

  • ·        Small Communities Housing Trust letter – Although not affected at this time all agreed that the KCC should become members.
  • ·        Inverness Skate Parks – A letter of support had been sent.
  • ·        Ferintosh Community Council objection to Clath Liath – KCC had sent in a letter of objection and JG had attended a meeting and provided some advice based on our experience with Druim Ba.
  • ·        Highland Licensing – with no licensed premises in the KCC area it was felt inappropriate to make any comment unless the committee felt otherwise.
  • ·        Inverness Area CC’s Forum – Inner Moray Firth DP -2nd October Town House, 7.00pm

 

AOCB:

  • ·        A suggestion was made that a definitive map of the area listing all Public Rights of Way and other footpaths would be a benefit, especially to those holidaying in the area. Stewart Eastaugh may be able to assist. Agreement was reached to pursue.
  • ·        Small-scale Wind Turbines – Supplementary Guidance. A brief discussion took place and a letter expressing concerns over minimum distances will be sent.

Next meeting 4th Oct at the Beauly Gallery – 7.30pm

Meeting Closed: 9.15pm

Signed:   SB

Advertisements