Minutes of Meeting, 7th September 2017

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 7th  September 2017 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Duncan Fraser(Treasurer).

Apologies: Cllr. Bill Fraser

Meeting commenced:  7.41pm

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 1st  June  2017  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report:

  • MG gave details of new area officers. JG mentioned complaint by local resident of ‘boy racers’ intermittent visits to area. Police have been advised.

Matters arising:                                                                             

  • Litter Signs – Now installed. Two at Picnic Area, one above Aigas Dam and one at the path in Wester Balblair. JG to arrange signs for dog fouling.
  • Picnic area car park. JG reported grass had been topped by David Bloor(Peter Masheter) and JG had topped a second time. Area around Picnic tables had been regularly strimmed to keep tidy.
  • Bus stop by Kilmorack Hall. JS to meet with Breedons(Chris Bremner) re supply of materials and advice. JS also reported on Breedon CLG meeting with updates on quarry expansion and proposed mitigation of dust problems at the access point and the cement batching plant.
  • Toll Road and Altyre – Update – Awaiting THC action as there is an issue with retention of budget for maintenance of infrastructure limiting grass maintenance. Ongoing but alternative options to be explored by SB and JS.
  • British Legion Poppy Wreath received and donation paid and receipted.
  • Wood fuel for elderly in KCC area. DF and JS are to list potential recipients.
  • Trees for Life – Beavers. ScotGov had a view to remove a beaver family from the Strathglass area. Trees for Life had requested KCC’s opinion. Varied opinions but consensus was that impact on fishing and farming must be considered and it was felt that the upper regions of the area would be more appropriate for beavers where any impact would be minimal. It was felt that Trees for Life should be discussing this with fishing and farming interests first.

Chairman’s Report:

  • CLG – Local residents are still reporting hearing increased noise. Cause failure to recalibrate SVC after outage. Action: more frequent checks and re-calibration. Still no confirmation which transformer is responsible.
  • Beauly and Dounreay line. Some pylons will be replaced with smaller ones in 2018.
  • Access Road at sub-station: new contractors starting replanting in November.
  • New security fencing to be erected. Possibly green.

Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • Memorial seats – All prepared. Waiting for a few dry days to install.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Red Cross offering free first aid/safety training for over 65s. MG to enquire if weekends are available.
  • Kirking of the Council – MG and JG attended.

Finance:

  • British Legion ‘donation’ paid and The Highland Council Grant received.
  • Balance is £2394.04

Planning Matters:

  • No current applications.

AOCB:

  • Participatory Budgeting. THC have requested representatives from Community Councils, schools and charities to form a steering committee to facilitate the participatory budget event in March 2018. Whilst KCC considered it important for strong CC representation it was felt this best arranged by the Council as few of us have the time or facilities to manage this.

Next meeting: Thursday 5th October 2017 at 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)  

Meeting Closed: 9.56pm                                                                            

Signed:

SB-Small

 Steve Byford            

Advertisements