Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 11th October 2018 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham., Duncan Fraser(Treasurer)
Apologies: John Stewart, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Emma Knox.
Meeting commenced: 19.30hrs
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 6th September 2018 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Steve Byford, seconded by Duncan Fraser – Approved.
Police Scotland: PC Scott Maclean reported on the break in at Ffordes Photographic. The Community has been asked to report any second hand Leica cameras offered for sale to Inverness CID.
- The Community Councils Initial Survey Response – SB and JG reported that they had each completed a lengthy online survey as councillors.
- IACCF AGM – JG and MG attended both the meeting and the Community Councils survey drop in session prior to the meeting. Prior to the AGM business we heard from the senior planning officer and from a representative from SSE regarding resilience planning. JG was co-opted to chair the AGM.
- Aigas Community Forest – Wood Fuel for disadvantaged in Community. JG reported on approval by ACF board for this year’s provision and DF confirmed willingness to distribute.
Chairman’s Report: None
Vice Chairman’s Report:
In JS’s absence JG and MJ reported on the SSE CLG meeting which JS attended.
- Noise Issues – monitoring ongoing. SSE pressing for the lifting of abatement order but Cllr. Margaret Davidson supported the KCC view that with the problem still evident and the possibility of the Western Isles development increasing the problems such action would be unacceptable.
- Western Isles Sub Sea Cable – Case made to OFGEM. Kelly Scott(SSE) promised that Kilmorack Community would see visualisations prior to re-submission to planning.
- Beauly-Deanie line upgrade on hold for seven years.
- Altyre Road edge repairs. KS email stated that repairs were being completed in next two weeks. MH had sent written comments to be considered by the meeting and it was agreed that these should be forwarded to KS.
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- Letter from Post Office warning of mailing scams. Displayed on notice board and included on web site
- Balance stands at £2417.
- JG reported that after confirmation by email the same response for 1 Broallan new application was forwarded to the planning officer.
- Altyre Road – Second and final cut of the season if the cost is below £150.
- Winter Maintenance at the Kilmorack Cemetery starts Monday 15th October when issues raised by KCC will be addressed.
Next meeting: Thursday 1st November 2018 – 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)
Meeting Closed: 21. 00hrs