Minutes of Meeting 5th April 2018

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 5th April  2018 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.45pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), John Graham, Cllr. Emma Knox

Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Mark Hedderwick

Meeting commenced: 19.40hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 1st March 2018  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.

Police Scotland:  PC Scott Maclean attended – No incidents in KCC area. A reminder to communicate clear addresses and relevant details if calling new call centre.

Matters arising:                                                                             

  • Road repairs – Road repairs have started and community councillors commended THC on work to date. Outstanding potholes: KCC to contact THC with details and locations.
  • SSE Towers – new lower towers under construction. Will be completed when power outage granted.
  • Altyre Path flooding: THC to rod the drain. JC to chase re maintenance grant.
  • Toll Kerbing – The agreed kerbing is complete but the re-surfacing of the junction is on hold due to weather conditions.

Chairman’s Report: No Report

Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • Munro memorial plaque ordered.
  • Maintenance of zig-zag planting (Toll Bypass Path): Ask for volunteers and arrange date.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • SFRS Consultation – Email link

Treasurer’s Report:

  • No transactions. Balance stands at £1964.65

PlanningMatters: None

AOCB:

  • Grass cutting is now to be done in house by THC but, despite requests, we have yet to ascertain which areas (WB) will be done and on what frequency.
  • Litter – Arrange a litter pick for the Cannich Road.
  • Comments on new bus stop by Kiltarlity turn
  • ACF – JG gave an update on currant activity
  • WB Notice Board – Repairs – JG to contact Russell Ross. DF to speak to men’s shed.
  • Winter Resilience- SSE new grants available. JG suggested we look at last year’s awards and see if anything of relevance is flagged up.

Next meeting: Thursday 3rd May 2018 – 7.30pm at Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)        

Meeting Closed: 21.10hrs                                                                           

Signed:

   SB-Small                                                                   

 Steve Byford

Chairman           

 

Advertisements