Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 5th April 2018 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.45pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), John Graham, Cllr. Emma Knox
Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Mark Hedderwick
Meeting commenced: 19.40hrs
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 1st March 2018 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.
Police Scotland: PC Scott Maclean attended – No incidents in KCC area. A reminder to communicate clear addresses and relevant details if calling new call centre.
- Road repairs – Road repairs have started and community councillors commended THC on work to date. Outstanding potholes: KCC to contact THC with details and locations.
- SSE Towers – new lower towers under construction. Will be completed when power outage granted.
- Altyre Path flooding: THC to rod the drain. JC to chase re maintenance grant.
- Toll Kerbing – The agreed kerbing is complete but the re-surfacing of the junction is on hold due to weather conditions.
Chairman’s Report: No Report
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- Munro memorial plaque ordered.
- Maintenance of zig-zag planting (Toll Bypass Path): Ask for volunteers and arrange date.
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- SFRS Consultation – Email link
- No transactions. Balance stands at £1964.65
- Grass cutting is now to be done in house by THC but, despite requests, we have yet to ascertain which areas (WB) will be done and on what frequency.
- Litter – Arrange a litter pick for the Cannich Road.
- Comments on new bus stop by Kiltarlity turn
- ACF – JG gave an update on currant activity
- WB Notice Board – Repairs – JG to contact Russell Ross. DF to speak to men’s shed.
- Winter Resilience- SSE new grants available. JG suggested we look at last year’s awards and see if anything of relevance is flagged up.
Next meeting: Thursday 3rd May 2018 – 7.30pm at Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)
Meeting Closed: 21.10hrs