Minutes of Meeting, 1st March 2018

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 1st March  2018 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), John Graham.

Apologies: Cllr. Emma Knox, Mark Hedderwick

Meeting commenced: 19.34hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 1st February  2018  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Steve Byford, seconded by Duncan Fraser – Approved.

Police Scotland:  No officer available. MG read area report.

Matters arising:                                                                             

  • Budget cuts to CCs Discussed. Letter to be sent to THC to point out disappointed and the view that the wrong message given that CCs are not valued and ultimately leads to a lack of Community Empowerment.
  • Footpaths Update – John Taylor of Community Services(Roads) phoned SB re road repairs and funding available. Alan Hogg drove around the Braes with SB to identify problem areas. Repairs for Croyard Junction to be carried out this month plus potholes. Wester Balblair – drain culvert blocked causing backlog at bottom of Altyre Path. JG to contact THC with photos from JS.

Chairman’s Report:

  • New tower beside the Kirk seems to have the new base not in the original position as per plan. Email Kelly Scott(SSE) for clarification.
  • New members should be sought for the Community Council.

Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • JS and DF had a liaison meeting with Breedons with Chris Bremner and John Mackenzie. Work has commenced on the Toll Road kerbing upgrade. JS to email Breedons for reason for gap. Cc’s to John Taylor (THC). Breedon to introduce a watering system to damp down dust to be activated on dry days.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • IACCF Meeting 6th JG/MG to attend.
  • AGM notification posted on Notice Boards and Web Site MG received confirmation that all officers will be prepared to continue.

Treasurer’s Report:

  • No transactions. Balance stands at £1964.65.

PlanningMatters:

  • 18/00506/FUL – New House below Dunsmore. Concern expressed on pressure on services. Make comments to Planning Officer re pressure on road/bridge for construction traffic and concerns on over development in the hinterland as per Local Rural Plan.

 AOCB:

  • Seat Plaque – JS to order.
  • Winter Resilience – Letter to SSE to establish how well Communities coped in recent weather.

Next meeting: Thursday 5th April 2018 – AGM 7.30pm and meeting at 7.45pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)           

Meeting Closed: 21.30hrs                                                                           

Signed:

   SB-Small                                                                   

 Steve Byford

Chairman           

Advertisements