Minutes of the 7th November 2013 – Draft

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 7th November 2013 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.30pm

Present: Steve Byford (Chairman), John Stewart(Vice-Chairman),Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham,, Mark Hedderwick,
Apologies: Duncan Fraser, Clare Caldwell, Cllr. Hamish Wood, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Drew Hendry,
Community Members: Ron Mclaughlin, Steve and Madelaine Robinson
Guests: PC Scott MacLean

Meeting commenced 19.45hrs.

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 3rd Octoer 2013 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Graham and seconded John Stewart – Approved.
Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report:
PC Scott MacLean reported.
1. No crimes reported in the Kilmorack area since last meeting.
2. One suspicious white ford transit van noticed in Kirkhill.
3. Asked that residents ensure that vehicles are ready for the winter weather.
PC Maclean left 1956hrs

Matters arising:
1. Access to Farley Woods: Steve and Madelaine Robinson provided some pictures which showed SSE had enclosed the path with a wire fence topped with barbed wire and fitted gates at the end. Concerns have been raised by the local residents that these may well be locked in the future and there is no pedestrian access provided. MH confirmed that the fencing was standard for SSE/Murphy. JG had spoken with Stewart Eastaugh, THC access officer, who has spoken to SSE and will keep a watching brief. As the main gate is locked against vehicles these new additions seem superfluous. Steve and Madelaine then left.

2. Noise Issues – Wester Balblair – Report on the Community meeting on 31st Oct 2013 at Kilmorack Hall with SSE – Alastair Brand, Beauly/Denny Project DIrector, Neil Thomson, Beauly/Denny Engineering Manager, Morven Smith, Corporate Affairs, Lisa Marchi, Major Project Liaison Manager/Sgurr Energy – Eric Donnelly, Noise and Vibration Team Leader/THC – John Lee, Area Environment Health Manager, Gregor MacCormick, Environmental Health Officer, Cllr. Helen Carmichael. Thirty local residents were in attendance. SSE, Sgurr Energy and THC concurred that there was a significant noise issue with the new equipment from the Wester Balblair sub-station. Short term mitigation measures will start on Monday 11th November 2013 – 1. Anti vibration pads under the transformers 2. Infill under transformers 3. Further measures will not be in place until late spring, early summer 2014. The Chairman expressed his concerns and suggested that a letter was sent regarding the following points. 1. No apology for the disruption and stress caused to the Residents. 2. Initially no consultation on date(Halloween) time, or venue(Lovat Arms) 3. Limitation on numbers 4. Initially no opportunity given to have an input into the agenda 5. Attitude of SSE’s Engineer 6. Request noise measurements to be continued before and after mitigation. It was then decided that we needed independent advice and would appoint Dick Bowdler to assess the initial results including the October data, yet to be provided. The Secretary to ask Sgurr and THC to provide the data to Mr. Bowdler.

3. SSE Beauly Community Liaison Meeting – Concerns were raised that the group now included Beauly(not affected) and Kiltarlity, that SSE intended to chair the meeting, that KCC would only be allowed two representatives and the SSSE would provide the Agenda. The Secretary was instructed to write to Lisa that this was not acceptable and we would provide three representatives, Steve Byford, John Stewart and Mark Hedderwick . Steve Byford to Co-Chair the meeting.

4. FCS – JG and MG were unable to attend due to the SSE meeting and in their absence it was decided that KCC and Glenurquart CC would no longer be required on the FCS Liaison group. Also free local access to Glen Affric would not be extended to those areas. Cllr. Carmichael had agreed to discuss this with KCC. Ongoing.

Chairman’s Business: None

Vice Chairman’s Report
1. The Altyre Road notice board had been knocked over and the glass broken. Carl Brocklehurst has offered to replace glass, fix legs and concrete back in place. Cost will be minimal. All approved.

2. Louisa’s Memorial Seat is needing some cleaning and maintenance. MH will see if he can get it pressure washed and Community Payback will be asked if it could be cleaned and smartened up in spring 2014.

Secretary’s Business: None

Planning Matters:
1. Orrin Wind Farm Mast application – No Objection
2. Land 65M East Of Camesky Ruilick Beauly – We have commented re drainage into the road drains which often overflow and create an ice hazard on the road.
3. Core Wild Lands Consultation. Agreed that we would request that Area 24, Central Highlands, was extended to the whole of Glen Orrin. Photos and ornithological report to be included.
4. ABO Proposed Wind Farm on Erchless Estate, Breakachy Farm and Farley Estate. THC to deal with any Community Benefit. Any request for meetings with ABO must be open to all the Community, not just discussions with KCC.

Finance: No report.

Correspondence:
• IACC Meeting Tuesday 19th November 7.00pm Town House, Inverness – SB
• Inner Moray Firth Development Plan – Update received, no change in KCC noted. Presentation-Lovat Arms 19th Nov.
• Climate Challenge Fund extended by £10.3 million.
• War Memorial Trust info – JS will pass on to British Legion

AOCB:
• MH raised parent’s concerns that SSE has approached the School to make a corporate film extolling the virtues of the Beauly-Denny line and their support in the Community which would feature the pupils. It was felt that it was in poor taste considering the large number of people suffering noise from both the substation and the overhead lines. MH to convey the concerns to the PTA meeting.
• SB conveyed Tom Lewis’s apologies for his lack of contact but the change of owners had been time consuming. MH showed where the new paths were to be constructed.

Next meeting: 5th December 2013 at the Kilmorack Hall – 7.30pm.
Meeting Closed: 22.35hrs
Signed:

Steve Byford, Chairman

Advertisements