Minutes of Meeting, 5th June 2014

Minutes of Meetingheld on Thursday 5th June 2014 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.45pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart(Vice Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer),  John Graham,   Cllr. Margaret Davidson.

Apologies: Clare Caldwell, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Hamish Wood.

Meeting commenced:  7.50pm.

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 1st May 2014 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by John Stewart and seconded Duncan Fraser – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: PC Scott Maclean and PC Mackenzie in attendance. PC Maclean stated no crimes or anti social behaviour reported in Kilmorack. PCs Maclean and Mackenzie then left.

 

Matters arising:

  1.  Wester Balblair – Access to Noise Data is still being refused (SSE legal dept) and mitigation measures are ongoing. Toll and Altyre paths are still held up with legal issues. Ask Cllr. Helen Carmichael for update from Lovat.
  2. JS to forward noise surveys to EHOs at The Highland Council.
  3. SSE – Public exhibition on noise mitigation plans held on 4th June. A large number of local residents attended.
  4. Beinn Mhor – update – on further study of the ES we have identified a serious issue with the fact that aggregate and concrete needed for the bases and roads (in excess of 4000 movements) will be sourced from Wester Balblair and transported along the mostly single track or winding Cannich Road (A831) Taking into account our concerns as to the visual impact on the Glen Affric/Strathglass area it was agreed to send a letter of strong objection to the planning authority. Many small businesses in the area have expressed great concern.

Chairman’s Business: Next CLG meeting with SSE/Murphy 12th June 2014

 

Vice Chairman’s Report: No report

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Budget Consultation Ward Form – JG and MG to attend
  • Local Government Electoral Boundaries – Public Consultation – With a proposed rduction of 8 councillors in the Highland region it was moved that a letter be sent identifying the wide geographical area and the very diverse community. We would express our view that a councillor reduction would have an adverse impact on our engagement with The Highland Council.

Finance: No report

Planning Matters:

  • 14/01652/FUL House extension, Crask of Aigas – S. Byford declared an interest and absented himself, J. Stewart(VC) taking the Chair. Local residents had been contacted and no adverse comments had been forthcoming. No objections.
  • S. Byford resumed the Chair
  • 14/01714/FUL Workshop and Store, Urchany. No local concerns were raised. No objections.

AOCB: 

  • A question was raised about who was doing the grass cutting at the War Memorial and the pic-nic area. There were concerns as to grass on corner verges at Altyre and Broallan and blocked drains by Birch Cottage. John Taylor (THC) to be contacted. SB to provide photos and GPS location. It was remarked that some road signs were in poor state. Ask if possible to replace as it gives a poor impression to Tourists.

Next meeting:  4th September 2014 at the Kilmorack Hall – 7.45pm

Meeting Closed: 21.30hrs     

Signed                                

High436

 

 

Steve Byford

Advertisements