Minutes of Meeting, 4th September 2014

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 4th September 2014 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.45pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer),  John Graham, Mark Hedderwick  Cllr. Margaret Davidson.

Apologies: John Stewart, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Hamish Wood, PC Scott Maclean

Meeting commenced:  7.46pm.

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 5th June 2014 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by John Graham and seconded Stephen Byford – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: No issues reported

 

Matters arising:

  1. Wester Balblair – SB reported that SSE willing to take new noise measurements at his house but were not willing to provide him with the resulting data due to legal reasons. Some noise was identified to a generator on site and SSE to liaise with Murphys to address this.
  2. Broadband – An upgrade to FTTC, fibreoptic lines, should be complete by Dec 31st JG to contact Stuart Robertson, HIE, for further details
  3. Beauly District Care Project – Purchase of roller display banner – approved. They are looking at local delivery of Home carers. Men shed – basic computing session held at the Priory was successful with another planned. Receiving Mini Bus from the Highland Cross. Inclusion in Newsletter.
  4. Aigas Community Forest – Due to change in interpretation of funding rules, ACF has now re-applied for funding for the whole forest. If unsuccessful it will revert to the agreed funding package. A new Development Officer, Donnie Chisholm has been appointed.
  5. Beinn Mhor – update – We have received no communication from WPD re the local liaison group since our letter. Kyla Donaldson(WPD) has stated that they do not propose to appoint members of KCC to the liaison group. KCC have indicated that the appropriate time would be when and if planning was approved.

Chairman’s Business:

  1. SSE Community Liaison Group meeting – Foot path negotiations ongoing. Noise data still with held. MD to check with THC legal Dept.
  2. Clare Caldwell had tendered her resignation due to family commitments. The Chair has contacted her expressing thanks for all her assistance.

Vice Chairman’s Report: (in absentia) Removal of Tourist signs. It is suggested that local Tourist businesses could apply for planning permission for a board and MD suggested that they arrange a pre-planning meeting.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • ABO have written requesting the establishment of a Community Liaison Group. The Community Council decided that a letter should be sent saying KCC will not attend until and if Planning permission is granted.
  • Highland Council Quality Awards. Gregor McCormick, EHO, has been nominated.

 

Finance: Highland Council grant received.

 

Planning Matters:

  • 14/02550/FUL Wind Turbine at Miekle Phoineas. Further to an email poll of Community Councillors, a letter of objection has been raised on the basis of size, visual impact, tourism and road safety. This was approved by the meeting.

.

AOCB: 

  • The stone from the demolition of the sub-station house is now stored in the quarry for future community use..
  • Fence painting – JG to chase
  • Grass by the Memorial to be cut by November.
  • MH advised the KCC that an access path to the new quarry path had been completed. A suggestion that some of the stone from the Sub-stationhouse demolition could be used to create a pleasant entrance.
  • Meeting to be arranged with Tom Nelson re stonework.

 Next meeting:  2nd  October 2014 at the Kilmorack Hall – 7.45pm

 

Meeting Closed: 21.20hrs    

 Signed

 High436

  Steve Byford

Advertisements