Minutes of Meeting, 2nd October 2014

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 2nd October 2014 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.45pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer),  Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick  Cllr. Helen Carmichael.

Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Hamish Wood,

Meeting commenced:  7.50pm.

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 4th September 2014 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser and seconded Mark Hedderwick – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report:

  • PC Scott Maclean and PC Billy MacDonald confirmed that there were no issues reported, Ask Community to report suspicious vehicles.

Matters arising:

  1. Wester Balblair – SB asked if anyone considered there had been an improvement since the barriers had been completed. All felt that there had been no discernible difference and we look forward to the work on the SVC. SB showed photos of the enclosures.  MG to contact Neil Anderson SSE again to find out when Murphy’s generator was on site. Also to send letter to Gregor McCormick and John Lee requesting monitoring of noise before and after Beauly-Denny goes fully live and before and after the work on the SVC. Cllr. Helen Carmichael will also liaise with THC re monitoring.
  2. Footpath Mitigation – It was suggested that ALL mitigation should be in place before Beauly-Denny goes live.  A formal letter to Nicola Drummond (cc to David Garner SSE, Cllr. Helen Carmichael and Cllr. Margaret Davidson) asking if THC is going to enforce the conditions.
  3. Broadband – JG reported that he had spoken to Stuart Robertson HIE and confirmed that extra cabinets would be provided for Kilmorack but number and location yet to be identified. Presently KCC does not have any active cabinets in their area and without those there would be little benefit as the Beauly exchange is not to be improved at this time. The Fibre-optic will bypass the exchange and go direct to cabinets.
  4. Winter Resilience – 2 grit bins requested and suggested for the corner by 16 Resaurie and 24/29 Tomich to Teanroit. Snow pushers also requested. DF to advise TECS. Comment about the need to attend to ditching for grit bins to be effective.
  5. Beinn Mhor – WPD response – First issue is that subject to any approval WPD is agreeable to KCC being involved in the transport community liaison group. The reduction of one turbine is not considered to mitigate anything and a letter confirming our previous objection stands will be sent.
  6. Community Payback – Toll fences had been painted. KCC had paid £50.50 for the paint

Chairman’s Business:

  1. SB requested an update on First Responders. MG to liaise.
  2. SB asked MH to clear/tidy up rear entrance to the Lovat Memorial. KCC will cover any costs

Vice Chairman’s Report:  there is a problem with Dog Fouling on the Quarry footpath. Contact Dog Wardens to arrange signage.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • DIGGS (Development Initiative Great Glen) – Newsletter circulated.
  • Copy of letter from Anne Forsyth to Hatfield Farms Ltd. requesting an upgrade of paths through Farley Estate.
  • Highland Communities Panel – MG to be named person for on-line surveys.

 Finance:

  • Cheques have been paid out for Hall rental and for the paint for the Toll fence.

 Planning Matters:  

  • None to report.

 AOCB: 

  • Discussion on use of stones from the old SSE house. MH to liaise with Tom Nelson.

  Next meeting:  6th November 2014 at the Kilmorack Hall – 7.45pm  

Meeting Closed: 21.45hrs      

Signed  High436    Steve Byford

Advertisements