Minutes of Meeting, 5th February 2015

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 5th February 2015 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.30pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer),  Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Margaret Davidson

Attendees: PC Karen Mackenzie

 Guests: Mr. Frank Spencer-Nairn

Apologies: Cllr. Hamish Wood, John Stewart

Meeting commenced:  7.38pm.

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 4th December 2014 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by John Graham and seconded Duncan Fraser – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report:

  • PC Karen Mackenzie reported theft of diesel from some local plant machinery and mentioned the request for speed monitoring of the Altyre Road (presently awaiting availability of resources). She also asked people to be aware of cold callers for scrap in the area. There are some dealers who have identity cards from THC and these should be recorded.  – PC Mackenzie was thanked by the Chairman and then left.

Tourism Business Improvement District (TBiD) – Frank Spencer-Nairn addressed the committee on the expansion of the Loch Ness TBiD to include Strathglass and other areas. He then answered questions as to this development.

Matters arising:

  1. Wester Balblair – SB confirmed that some residents were still hearing the noise from Wester Balblair. A request that EHOs continue noise measurements for a longer period. MD/HC to arrange a meeting with EHO’s and CC to see how we move forward.
  2. Aigas Forest Update – Money for purchase has been received. The final legal issues are being addressed.
  3. Ditches and Culverts – Farley. Send email to THC regarding lack of ditch and culvert clearance which has once again resulted in water crossing the road and freezing. Two gritters in fact came off the road proving our case. MH also raised the issue of the prominence of the barriers at the termination tower for the Shin line. Email Neil Anderson SSE to see if some improvements could be done whilst Murphy’s are on site.
  4. British Heart Foundation – MG reported that the CPR sessions were now ready to start. It was requested that each Councillor or partner could host a session in their area.
  5. Power Outage Response – SB requested that Neil Anderson be asked to provide the name of a senior person to respond to the serious issue of a lack of communication. Although food vans were provided in Beauly, few people were aware of them until after the event. Reliance on internet and social media when there was no power was ill judged. The provision of help was available but poorly communicated in the local area.

(Cllr. Helen Carmichael left – 9.12pm)

Chairman’s Business: No current issues

Vice Chairman’s Report:  No current issues

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Fuel Assistance Project – CAB have provided a Fuel Assistance Officer for the Aird. Details are in the newsletter.
  • NFUS/SCAA – Saving Time – A project to encourage people working on the land to carry information identifying sites on their land with OS references which can be used to direct the air ambulance to any incident. Briefly discussed and those Community Councillors with an interest in this to consult and come back to the Council.
  • Inverness to Beauly Cycle Route – approval for this path has now reached Kirkhill corner and James Campbell approached us for our support for the area within Kilmorack (Lovat Bridge to the Rail Bridge) A suggestion to link with the new Toll Path bypass was raised by the cyclists. In theory the CC expressed support but more details required.
  • Charleston Academy Shinty Club- Funding request. Vote for £100 donation proposed JG seconded MH, Approved.
  • Ward Forum 16th February at Fort Augustus and 26th February at the Town House, Inverness
  • IACCF 17th February at the Town House

Finance: The treasurer advised that no payments this month but provided a written report for THC.

Planning Matters:  15/00199/FUL – Croft House, WB. Steve Byford declared an interest. No complaints/objections had been received and as a simple extension the opinion was that there was no cause to comment.

AOCB:  Bhein Mhor update – letter to Simon Hindson requesting that the site visit should include transit of the Cannich to Wester Balblair road re-enforcing our views about safety concerns about the very large number of heavy aggregate and concrete lorries planned to use the A831. 

 Next meeting:  5th March 2015 at the Kilmorack Hall – 7.30pm

Meeting Closed: 9.50pm    

 Signed

SB-Small

Steve Byford

Advertisements