Minutes of Meeting, 5th March 2015

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 5th March 2015 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.30pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice Chair) Duncan Fraser(Treasurer),  Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick(8.00pm)

Attendees: PC Karen Mackenzie

Apologies: Cllr. Hamish Wood, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Margaret Davidson

Meeting commenced:  7.37pm.

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 5th February 2015 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Steve Byford and seconded Duncan Fraser – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: PC Karen Mackenzie – No crimes reported

Matters arising:

  1. ACF Update – Aigas Forest has been officially acquired at 11.04am this morning. A small working party cleared entrance and erected some temporary signage. A Celebration event will be held in te Forest in May. SB to speak to Breedon and Eddie Mackay regarding some aggregate for the Forest Car park. ACF AGM will take place on Monday 16th March 2015 7.30pm Magnus House.
  2. BHF Update – Defibrillator has been funded and will be despatched on receipt of £400 contribution from KCC..
  3. Ward Forum – JG attended. Unfortunately there was a low attendance from the Communities and after a presentation from Fire Scotland and Police Scotland a discussion ensued with SSE over the problems within the response to the four day power outage. Reliance on social media and web sites has proved a stumbling block as well as issues with the TV and local Radio, now run increasingly from Glasgow. It is perhaps incumbent upon us to sign up for the Community Emergency Plan and become a contact point for SSE. Some errors could perhaps have been addressed with direct contact. Lessons have(?) been learnt.
  4. IACCF – John and Mary Graham attended and it was a lively debate. There is certainly some confusion on the understanding of Community Empowerment. It was suggested that a Planning Forum would be of use in that Community Councils could clarify their position.
  5. Loch Buidhe Consultation – Email to be sent to Lisa regarding the issues raised at the meeting:

Photo images as presented were of a misleading scale, despite this being raised at a previous consultation.

Could undergrounding not be reconsidered if saving are made from the acceptance of the preferred option central line.

Pointing out agreed mitigation in Kilmorack for these lines.

Reference to the Local plan and clearance of lines from existing structures.

 Chairman’s Business:

  • Noise issues Wester Balblair – SB reported meeting with THC and Councillors. It was an informative and constructive meeting.

Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • JS Visited the Tealing Substation to see the MSCDNs. JS reported that only one was working on the day and it was very windy. SB requested clarification of the number of MSCDNs planned for Wester Balblair and that SSE could provide someone technical to answer questions on noise at the next CLG meeting.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • AGM – Requested confirmation that Officers were prepared to continue – all agreed
  • Asked for accounts to be prepared and presented.
  • SSE’s Resilient Community Fund. It is agreed that we should support the application for funding for a generator for the hall, hot cabinet, soup tureen and possibly some PMR radios. To be discussed with the Hall Committee with a view to a joint application.

Finance: The treasurer provided an update – attached.

Planning Matters:  None

AOCB:  

  • Stone Benches for Quarry walk – progress.
  • Hugh Beaton’s Corner. HB has agreed to a bench. DF to liaise to identify a location.
  • Bench on Altyre – Mh to speak to the local tenant farmer(CB).
  • Access – Path at Ardochy blocked by flooding. Liaise with ACF paths committee about clearing.
  • Torgormack – Water run off and freezing on road with a lot of grit making it dangerous. JG to email John Taylor (Community Services)
  • End Tower Shin Line – email Neil Angerson SSE again.
  • New Toll path. Provision of Barrier at the top of the path?

 Next meeting:  2nd April 2015 at the Kilmorack Hall – 7.30pm AGM 7.45pm Meeting

Meeting Closed: 9.50pm    

 Signed

SB-Small 

Steve Byford, Chairman

Advertisements