Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 2nd April 2015 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.45pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice Chair) Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Cllr. Helen Carmichael
Apologies: Cllr. Hamish Wood, Cllr. Margaret Davidson
Meeting commenced: 7.51pm.
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 5th March 2015 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Steve Byford and seconded John Stewart – Approved.
Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: PSgt Craig Stuart – No crimes reported
- Broadband Complaints – JG speaking to Stuart Robertson of Digital Highlands and Islands. Assessing possibility of Aigas Community Forest providing Community Broadband.
- BHF Update – Defibrillator is now operational but presently stored at Cluanie. Awaiting the electrician to fit the box at the Kilmorack Hall.
- Ditches – vote of thanks to John Taylor for ditch clearing in the Braes and opposite Aigas Dam.
- Cnoc an Eas wind farm consultation day – It was considered that the times were not appropriate for the Community.
- Noise issues Wester Balblair – SSE had asked Sgurr to monitor at Croft House and Satori . Both residents spoke to Sgurr. Subsequent to that SSE decided to monitor substation only. Respond to Alastair Brand, Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Gregor McCormick, John Lee, and David Gardner(SSE) stating that we are disappointed and would they re-consider. Also still requesting jackets around the SVC filters.
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- JS took Neil Anderson to discuss the new quarry path. Andrew Hogg(SSE) to liaise with Breedon and Lovat estates.
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- Adopt a Phone Box. It was suggested that if ACF wished to adopt the box at the Crask of Aigas, KCC would support. All agreed.
Finance: The treasurer has paid for the Defib wall box.
Planning Matters: None
- Helen Carmichael updated members on delivery of the Beauly Care bus and Men’s shed.
Next meeting: 30th April 2015 at the Kilmorack Hall. (change due to elections)
Meeting Closed: 9.35pm