Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 30th April 2015 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.30pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice Chair) Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham,
Apologies: Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Margaret Davidson
Meeting commenced: 7.34pm.
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 2nd April 2015 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Stewart and seconded Duncan Fraser – Approved.
Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: PC Scott Maclean – No crimes or public order issues.
- Fish Pass opening. JG read letters from SSE stating that there were no plans to re-open to the Public due to safety concerns, Cllr. Davidson had raised this with A. Brand and it was agreed that it should be brought up at the CLG.
- Broadband Complaints are ongoing but Aigas Community Forest has agreed to pursue the option of providing Community Broadband with Community Broadband Scotland. The Cabinets are now finished but no date for final activation.
- Urchany Path – Ask Mark to provide quote to Stewart Eastaugh who can then seek funding.
- SSE Resilient Communities Fund –Kilmorack Hall has decided that the ongoing obligations and responsibilities would be onerous to any future management and have therefore declined the opportunity at this time, Information has been passed to Beauly Care project. In these circumstances the KCC felt unable to progress this any further.
- Quarry Paths update – no report.
- SB spoke to Andrew Hogg. Stone( Wester Balblair lodge) to be moved to SB’s barn in Windhill in May.
- Altrye Road path nearing completion. SB asked the secretary to confirm with MD plans to resurface the Altyre road this summer.
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- JS referred to the cars parked on the new footpath between the Kirk and Altyre Road. Complaints from people with children’s buggies and wheelchairs being forced into the road to pass. Email THC for clarification on parking.
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- Mobile Library Routing – not applicable.
- No transactions this month. Balance is £1472.38
Planning Matters: None
- Complaints have been received about ripples westbound on A831 just past substation. Vehicles have been damaged. Email Community Services(Roads) .
- Emergency Plan – This was brought up for discussion and further consideration.
Next meeting: 4th June 2015 at the Kilmorack Hall.
Meeting Closed: 9.12pm