Minutes of Meeting, 4th June 2015

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 4th June 2015 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.30pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice Chair) Duncan Fraser(Treasurer),  Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Helen Carmichael

Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson

Meeting commenced:  7.35pm.

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 30th  April 2015 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by John Stewart and seconded Duncan Fraser – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: PC Scott Maclean – One minor RTC. Beware Phone Scam targeting the Inverness Area. Details to be promulgated by KCC web site.

Matters arising:

  1. Broadband Update – JG reported on meeting with Community Broadband Scotland on behalf of Aigas Community Forest.
  2. Wreath for War Memorial. New Logo discussed. SB will provide design assistance incorporating Print of Old Kilmorack Falls. Plans to provide a new metal holder for wreaths. 20% of cost provided by KCC. Approved.
  3. Altyre Resurfacing – Cllr MD had enquired and it had been removed from the timetable. Concern was expressed as the state of many parts of the Braes due to contractors use. A GPS Camera would be sourced to record bad areas and the results sent to Roads dept. Can be uploaded to web site. SB to email NA about resurfacing and repairs as promised relating to Murphy’s before and after videos.
  4. Druim Ba wind farm scoping – 10 turbines – await more details. The Committee however expressed their view that they were disappointed at the application and felt that it reflected an arrogance and lack of respect to the Community

Chairman’s Business:

  • CLG Report – Still no answer as to why noise from SVC varies. Cllr HC to ask SSE to arrange meeting with EHOs and KCC

 

Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • JS has been approached by the daughters of the late Jo Munro wishing to make a donation. It was considered that a seat on the new path at the Toll Brae may be appropriate. JS to speak to Mackays re a base.
  • Jim Munro’s bench needs attention. Duncan suggested that the Men’s Shed could cope with that and he will attend to it.

 Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Council Annual Survey – Opinions sought.

 Finance:

  • No transactions this month. Balance is £1472.38

 Planning Matters:

  • Short’s application approved
  • Broallan Applications – no objections

AOCB:  .

  • Ask NA(SSE) for update on Tower End pylon and barrier.

Next meeting:   3rd  September 2015 at the Kilmorack Hall.

 Meeting Closed: 10.10pm    

 Signed:  

SB-Small                         

 Steve Byford            

Advertisements