Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 3rd September 2015 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.30pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice Chair) Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Margaret Davidson(8.18pm)
Guests: PC Scott Maclean, Stacey Beaton (Community)
Meeting commenced: 7.36pm.
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 4th June 2015 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Mark Hedderwick, seconded Duncan Fraser – Approved.
Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: PC Scott Maclean – One RTA near Teafrish. Suspicious person in Wester Balblair asking about van
- Community Council Elections. Notification posters have been put on Notice Boards and on the web site.
- Broadband /Phone Issues. JG updated the Council on progress with Community Broadband(ACF). Next step is public consultation by questionnaire. The phones are back on line but the new access to fibre optic is variable.
- Altyre Road and Braes – Neil Anderson(SSE) to assess the roads with SB, JS and DF on the 24th It is suggested that the top of Altyre would benefit from top dressing and the issue of the drain at the top of Altyre needs addressing. Request to formalise status of Braes Roads with SSE, THC (John Taylor)
- Cnoc an Eas Confirm objection on the basis of road safety between Wester Balblair Quarry and Lovat Bridge and the visual disturbance, especially from red aircraft anti collision beacons on towers. Ask that if the scheme is approved a condition would be the ban on all traffic on A831 Black Bridge to Cannich.
- Maintenance of new footpaths: Email Tracey Urry for confirmation of ownership and responsibility for maintenance. See if the snagging has identified the dip at the bottom of the bypass path. Check if maintenance budget received from SSE and discuss the possibility of KCC taking over maintenance (funded).
- Verges/hedge cutting: Highlight bad areas on map. Consider if KCC could take over responsibility for this and if funding could be found. MH to ask local contractors (costs/feasibility)
- Fire wood offer. ACF has offered to provide firewood to those in the Community who are deemed at risk. This is from the windblow that needs clearing.
- Quality Award – THC. Suggestion to nominate John Taylor(Community Services-Roads) for his ongoing assistance. Proposal approved.
- CLG Report – SSE has now agreed that the noise levels appear to be load related. He also commented on the lack of noise since the SVC was closed down due to the Incident.
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- Work is ongoing to repair the BT box and to prevent further flooding damage.
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- Date of next meeting to be changed to the 1st October due to the elections on the 8th needing the hall.
- Annual Grant cheque received and balance now stands at £2327.44
- There were two outstanding planning applications which were technically out of time for objections but no issues had been raised.
- Beinn Mhor has gone to appeal at the Court of Sessions despite refusal by the Scottish Ministers.
- DF remarked that the stone wall to the right of the entrance to the War memorial needs attention. DF would seek a price.
- MH to ask Charlie Barclay if seat could be sited on field edge at the top of Atlyre.
- Donation of £100 agreed to Men’s Shed for cleaning and re-furbishment of bench (Jim Munro)
Next meeting: 1st October 2015 at the Kilmorack Hall.
Meeting Closed: 9.25pm