Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 4th February 2016 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.30pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair) Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick, Provost Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Dr. Jean Davis
Guests: PC Billy MacDonald, PC Scott Maclean
Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Hamish Wood
Meeting commenced: 7.36pm.
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 3rd December 2015 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Stewart, seconded by Duncan Fraser – Approved.
Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: Only item of note was a fire in a wheelie bin at Torgormack. PCs MacDonald and Maclean were thanked for attending and then left.
- ABO – Allt Carach wind farm – letter received confirming that the proposal was not being processed due to the lack of wind. The mast will be removed early in the new year.
- New access road on to the A831. A number of local residents had raised the issue of safety at this point and THF Planning confirmed that no planning application had been received. JG read out a letter from the Planning Officer confirming that the roadway failed to comply with the Roads standards and the landowner had been instructed to stop work until the situation could be ratified. This is now in the hands of the Planning Authority.
- JG attended a meeting of Community Broadband Scotland on behalf of the Aigas Community Forest. A more regional approach including the Aird and south of Loch Ness has been suggested which would place this back in the Community Council’s court.
Chairman’s Business: SB will be unable to attend the next CLG meeting with SSE.
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- JS reported on two complaints of dog fouling on the Altyre path and Beauly Toll bypass. JS has posted a polite notice on the WB notice board.
- Parking in the bus drop off at Wester Balblair causing the Charleston School bus to stop in the road with cars overtaking at speed. A reminder to Mr. Cormack to keep this area clear at school drop off times was agreed.
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- Letter of thanks received for delivery of firewood.
- Change of meeting start time to 7.45pm requested by the Hall – agreed.
- Balance £1759.51
Planning Matters: No applications this mont
- KCC asked if possible to make a flat area adjacent to the dropping off point for the returning school bus to disembark pupils at the Kilmorack Turn. SB/JS to speak to Lovat Estate and Breedon Quarry.
Next meeting: 3rd March 2016 at 7.45pm at the Kilmorack Hall.
Meeting Closed: 8.58pm