Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 3rd March 2016 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.45pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair) Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Mark Hedderwick, Cllr. Dr. Jean Davis
Apologies: Provost Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Margaret Davidson
Meeting commenced: 7.52pm.
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 4th February 2015 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by Steve Byford – Approved.
Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: No report
- Budget Cuts – JG raised the issue of the large cuts to the Ward Discretionary Fund (£760k) and whilst understanding the necessary stringencies at this time. The Council expressed concerns that the funding will be re-instated when finances are less constrained. Cllr. Davies reminded the Council that cuts would be also coming from the Grant. As the Council have no information on that yet they felt they could not address that until they have full details.
- Bus Stop – Ongoing. JS to to speak to Lovat Estates at next liaison meeting.
- Druim Ba appeal to SG launched.
- Cnoc an Eas Windfarm Supplementary documents received. JG reported that although detailed there was limited relevance to Kilmorack beyond what has already been addressed. However we should note that Force 9 have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with Soirbheas as to the Community Benefit. JG has written to the Planner pointing out that Kilmorack CC is not party to this agreement despite being listed by THC as a local Community. A further concern was the confidentiality clause within that memorandum.
Chairman’s Business: None
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- JS reported that the SSE liaison meeting had been postponed until the 17th March 2016.
- The conductors on the redundant line to be removed.
- Sgurr have re-instated monitoring equipment.
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- SSE update on Loch Buidhe line – Being put on hold until such time as need is shown.
- River Connections Art Survey – Concern was expressed to the safety of the tilting pier, the cost and visual intrusion to the River Ness. The other suggestions were discussed and met mixed reactions.
- AGM – 7th April 2016.
- Balance £1651.56
Planning Matters: No applications this month
- It was noted that sight lines around the Braes had been improved.
Next meeting: 7th April 2016. AGM at 7.45pm and meeting at 8.00pm at the Kilmorack Hall.
Meeting Closed: 9.15pm
pp Steve Byford