Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 7th April 2016 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 8.00pm
Present: John Stewart (Vice-Chair) Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Provost Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Dr. Jean Davis
Apologies: Steve Byford, Police Scotland
Meeting commenced: 8.00pm. – John Stewart in the Chair.
Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 3rd March 2015 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by John Graham, seconded by Duncan Fraser – Approved.
Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: MG read the Police Scotland Report
- The Highland Council Annual Grant – Contrary to expectations there will be a small increase
- SSE – Noise Monitoring – JS reported that the noise was as bad as ever whilst the SVC was running at 100%. Sgurr had re-instated the monitoring equipment which showed high noise levels.
- SSE Western Isles Convertor Station. – modified plans are with THC prior to full planning application.
- JS met with Chris O’Donnell of Murphy who offered the Community 5(4) redundant site offices presently at Muir of Ord. Options would be explored.
- Parking on lowered pavement was still a problem with one car permanently parked with flat tyres. A solution would be investigated.
- Kilmorack Gallery Bus Shelter – JG to discuss with Fettes the appropriate treatment..
Chairman’s Business: None
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- SSE – rationalisation of the overhead lines is progressing with the Nairn line planned for removal starting 8th May and the Shin line shortly thereafter. Affected residents will be notified.
- JS reported that the next SSE liaison meeting will be on 20th April 2016 at the Lovat Arms..
- Bus drop off at Kilmorack Hall – JG had identified that the land belongs to the Church of Scotland. DF confirmed it was in fact Glebe land. JG will pursue the possibilities with CofS
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- Policing questionnaire had been completed and returned.
Finance: As per AGM
Planning Matters: No applications this month
Next meeting: Thursday 12th May 2016 at 7.45pm
Meeting Closed: 9.10pm