Minutes of Meeting 3rd November 2016

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 3rd November 2016 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.45pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Duncan Fraser(Treasurer),  Cllr. Jean Davis

Present:

Apologies: Provost Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr Hamish Wood.

Meeting commenced:  7.50pm

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 6th October 2016  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: No report.

Matters arising:

  • Kilmorack Hall bus stop – JG had now received a written response from the Church of Scotland who were happy to receive a full proposal and were minded to support same. JG has been in contact with DE Coaches who expressed support and confirmed that they have had concerns for some time. JG to contact John Taylor at Community Services to discuss  the matter. SB/JS to speak to Breedon Quarries re aggregate.
  • Winter Resilience – MG asked if there were any changes to volunteers. – None. JG to contact John Taylor to confirm gritting schedule.
  • Toll Path Steps: As there is already a path bypassing the steps for those with sight impairment no further action was deemed necessary after consultation with THC. Path markings wear in a short time and become unsightly and need refurbishment. Path clearance to the east had been done but overhanging branches still an issue. JG to contact Community Services with photos.
  • Aigas Community Forest Wood Processor. JG reported on the forthcoming purchase of the wood processor and training. Volunteers were sought for up to 62 hrs per year for which they will receive a yearly allowance of wood. 5% of the logs produced will be available to the KCC for local pensioners etc. at no cost.

Chairman’s Report:

  • CLG Meeting Oct 19th 2016 – Noise issues: SSE setting up new task force looking at the whole network (including noise). Will look at all options in parallel ie: building a new SVC in a building(2 years design and build)
  • HVDC convertor station: The possibility of moving away from Wester Balblair and underground the AC line into the transmission hub was discussed.

Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • Toll Path Seats Update – All materials sourced. JS to contact John Murray for a progress report.
  • Cemetery and War memorials: Jeff Fridge(Parks and Cemeteries) follow up – War Memorial to be checked by the 11th November
  • Murphy’s cabins – Ask for definitive availability and check if cost of delivery will be now an issue as they are now at Blackhillock.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Planning Aid Scotland – Training not deemed necessary
  • Rural Inverness Communities Conference 8th November – JG and MG to attend
  • MG has received an invitation to the Highland Cross Charity Gift presentation.

Finance:

  • Balance stands at £3407.01

Planning Matters:

  • SSSE Wester Balblair landscaping. JG to comment on visual aspect of new access roads and MSCDNs

AOCB:

  • Altyre verge cutting ongoing
  • JG reported Red Squirrel Rope Bridges over A831 between Aigas Dam and Crask of Aigas have been completed. Large Squirrel dray in forest but squirrels have been crossing the road to hazel nuts by the river. This is creating a hazard to motorists.  The ropeway should help to prevent that.

Next meeting: Thursday 1st December 2016 at 7.45pm

Meeting Closed: 9.18pm                                                                                                                

 Signed:

 SB-Small

 

 Steve Byford            

 

Advertisements