Minutes of Meeting, 1st December 2016

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 1st December 2016 at the ‘The Kilmorack Hall’ at 7.45pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mark Hedderwick,  Cllr. Jean Davis, Cllr. Margaret Davidson

Apologies: Provost Cllr. Helen Carmichael.

Residents: David Beaton

Meeting commenced:  7.46pm

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 3rd November 2016  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: No report. JG mentioned one case of Graffiti in the Braes. Reported to Police by home owner.

Matters arising:

  • Kilmorack Hall bus stop – Following the response by THC and after a report by MH on the logistics, JG to respond to THC regarding the kerbing issue and to respond to the Church of Scotland. KCC to arrange aggregate and labour.
  • Rural Inverness Communities Conference. Cllr. Dr. Jean Davis reported. A forum for Communities to meet and exchange ideas.

Planning:

  • 8 Ruisarie – David Beaton answered Councillors queries on his planning application. No objections had been raised and the KCC were supportive of his application. – Mr. Beaton then left.
  • River Beauly Lodge, Groam – no objections raised
  • Druim Ba – Notification of pre-examination meeting on 14th Dec, Glenurquart High 2.00pm. Cnoc an Eas pre-examination meeting at 10.00am JG to attend.

Chairman’s Report:

  • Nothing to report. Email Neil Anderson(SSE) to include DF and MH in correspondence.

Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • Toll Path Seats Update – John Murray says recent weather causing issues. JS to contact.
  • Murphy’s cabins – JS had no reply to phone or email for Thomas Lohan. MG to contact Neil Anderson for alternative contact details..

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Highland Cross Presentation evening. MG and JG attended and enjoyed an inspiring evening.

Finance:

  • Secretary’s remuneration. MG and JG felt it should be reduced as less expenses for postage and printing due to email. Treasurer proposed £400. All agreed.
  • Balance stands at £3408.87

Planning Matters:

  • See above

AOCB:

  • 4G phone signal – JS reported some residents of Wester Balblair had lost a portion of Freeview TV channels in particular BBC. JG mentioned this was referred to by BBC a year ago. The wavebands are now close and the weaker signal will be lost. Beauly residents reported access to 4G in the area. Awaiting more information.
  • Margaret Davidson informed the meeting that James, Miriam and Catriona Campbell were to receive the Freedom of Beauly and the Glens on 10th December at the Phipps Hall at 2.30pm in recognition of all they have done for the Community. SB to attend.
  • MH reported a stone was protruding from the Dyke down from Farley House towards Beauly. JG asked for a photo and OS reference and then he will contact THC Community Services(Roads).

 

Next meeting: Thursday 2nd February 2017 at 7.45pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)

                                                                                                                              

Meeting Closed: 8.56pm                                                                                                                

 

Signed:

 SB-Small

 Steve Byford            

 

Advertisements