Minutes of Meeting 2nd February 2017

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 2nd  February 2017 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.45pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Cllr. Jean Davis,

Apologies: Mark Hedderwick.

Also Present: PC MacDonald

Meeting commenced:  7.45pm

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 1st  December 2016  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Steve Byford, seconded by Duncan Fraser – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: No Incidents in Kilmorack. There have been some thefts in Beauly and Kirkhill.

Matters arising:

  • NOISE Issues, Wester Balblair Transmission Hub. SB reported on the Community Liaison meeting of the installation of LEM sensors to three reactors presently and three more to follow. Consideration of movement of the SVC or even replacement. Comments as to the noise over the Christmas period when the unit was at full power. SSE are not aware of whether depleted mode can be maintained after March dependant on National Grid Operational Assessments.
  • CEMETERY Notice Board in need of repair. SB to speak to joiner.
  • LOUISA FRASER Seat – JS reported that he had been advised that it needs cleaning and the area around clearing. SB to check.
  • YOUR WARD, Your Cash. Send details to hall committee and ACF.

Chairman’s Report:

  • Nothing to report.

Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • Munro Memorial seats – John Murray had reduced the invoice price to compensate for the stone he has taken. Cheque agreed for two seats £1454
  • Murphy’s cabins – JS had been in contact with Rob Young. The Cabins are now in the Borders but Murphy will let us know in two weeks what is happening.
  • JS Reported from the Breedon Quarry CLG. Breedon Quarry have submitted planning application for increased extraction to 150,000 tons. Equal to one extra lorry per day. In mitigation they plan to curb the road down to the Toll and resurface the junction. Discussions are progressing between SSE and Breedon about continuing and connecting the Path by the quarry

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Letter from Kate Forbes MSP requesting support against Brexit. The Council considered this a political question outside our remit and the Chair suggestion councillors could respond individually if they wished.

Finance:

  • Balance stands at £1516.97

Planning Matters:

  • No applications 

AOCB:

  • No report

Next meeting: Thursday 2nd March 2017 at 7.45pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)                                                                                                                             

Meeting Closed: 9.22pm                                                                                                                

Signed:

 SB-Small

 Steve Byford            

 

Advertisements