Minutes of Meeting 6th April 2017

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 6th April 2017 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.45pm

Present:   Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice-Chair), Mary Graham(Secretary), John Graham, Duncan Fraser(Treasurer),  Cllr. Jean Davis,

Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Mark Hedderwick

Meeting commenced:  7.40pm

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 2nd March  2017  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Duncan Fraser, seconded by John Graham – Approved.

Police Scotland, Beauly Area Report: Email that officer had been called to an incident in Drumnaodrochit. Nothing of note to report.

Matters arising:                                                                                                              

  • DF reported two people in ditch on the Braes . Ditch in need of repair. DF to identify with OS and photograph. Information to be forwarded to John Taylor, Community Services.

Chairman’s Report:

  • SSE CLG Western Isles Workshop. SB reported on the meeting. SB had asked why wait two years to replace a faulty rector. Apparently that is the lead time. Noise is still an issue. Replacement of two towers on the Dounreay Line as part of upgrading with shorter towers. The Secretary to contact Neil Anderson for definition of footprint, dimensions and height. Visuals needed to compare the old with the new. 

Vice Chairman’s Report:  

  • JS advised that he had received a further cheque for £300 from the Late Mrs’ Joan Munro’s daughters for Community Council funds. MG to send a letter of thanks.
  • Memorial seats – Construction ongoing. DF and JS liaising.
  • Murphy Cabins – No answer as yet. Ask Neil Anderson to speak to Rory Davidson re the situation pointing out that KCC had been promised them on completion of the works at the sub-station.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • SSE Resilience Fund re-opened. ACF may apply for funding for a defibrillator and support for the wood fuel club in relation to supplies to pensioners..

Finance:

  • As per AGM report.

Planning Matters:

  • Additional Environmental Statement reports added to Druim Ba Wind Farm appeal..

AOCB:

Next meeting: Thursday 4th May 2017 at 7.30pm At Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)               

Meeting Closed: 9.00pm                                                                                                                

Signed:

 SB-Small                                                                      

Steve Byford            

Advertisements