Minutes of Meeting, Thursday 4th April 2019

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 4th April 2019 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.45pm

Present:  Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice Chair) Mary Graham (Secretary),  Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), John Graham, Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr. Emma Knox.

Apologies: Mark Hedderwick

Guests :

Meeting commenced: 19.37hrs

Minutes of the previous meeting Thursday 7th March 2019  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by John Graham, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.

Police Scotland:  PC Scott Maclean – No incidents in the Kilmorack Community Council area but thefts of roof lead in the Mauld, Strathglass area. Local concern has been expressed about canoeists passing the protected peregrine nest. PC Maclean updated the CC on the legal position.

Matters arising:

  • Beauly CC extension of Community Boundaries – Tony Boyland had responded to our communication and stated that he would circulate it around the Beauly CC. Our Councillors expressed the view that the status quo would prevail.
  • Emma Knox informed the Council that the Ward has three trans-locatable signs and asked if KCC could use one. JS and SB to identify suitable location. These will be temporary placements to improve the impact such signs have.
  • School Bus changes – MH had spoken to JG on the phone and more single decker buses are in use. The situation will be monitored.

Chairman’s Report:

  • Altyre and Toll would benefit from some weed suppression. Contractor may still have the weed killer. To be contacted.

Vice Chairman’s Report: Wind Blown rubbish from Global – JS informed that skips now have lids.

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • An Invoice has been requested and sent to THC for payment for Toll and Altyre maintenance.

Treasurer’s Report:

  • A/Cs as per AGM report.
  • JG gave vote of thanks to DF for delivering fire wood (ACF) to elderly residents. JS and DF mentioned that they had received many notes of gratitude from the recipients. DF handed over the list for future reference.

Planning Matters: No Planning applications

AOCB:

  • Toll maintenance – SB to organise contractor for weedkiller.
  • Resaurie – Water running over road (Birchcroft/3 Beeches). JG to contact JT(roads)
  • Road edge by Toll degrading. Request repair before Highland Cross.
  • Noise issues at Wester Balblair Switching Station. Cllr. MD reported that EHOs were under pressure to remove the Noise Abatement order. Noise measurements by EHOs are being collated. Cllr. MD to arrange meeting with SB, JS and EHOs to discuss findings.
  • Contact SSE to arrange next Community Liaison Group Meeting for info about noise measurement results and further expansion of the switching station.

Next meeting: Thursday 2nd May 2019 – 7.30pm   Ffordes Photographic (the Kirk)

           

Meeting Closed: 8.36pm                                                                             

Signed:                                                              

SB-Small 

 

 Steve Byford

Chairman           

Advertisements