Minutes of Meeting, Thursday 7th March 2019

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 7th March 2019 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm

Present:   John Stewart (Vice Chair) Mary Graham(Secretary),  John Graham, Mark Hedderwick.

Apologies: Steve Byford, Duncan Fraser, Cllr. Emma Knox

Guests : Norman Gillan, EE’s Planning Manager

Meeting commenced: 19.35hrs JS in the Chair

Minutes of the previous meeting Thurs 7th February 2019  were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by John Stewart, seconded by Mark Hedderwick – Approved.

Police Scotland:  No Report, no officer present. JG mentioned that there had been a spate of metal thefts in the Eskadale/Struy area.

Matters arising:

  • EE ESN Mast Consultation. Norman Gillan (EE) was asked if there was alternative position for the mast given the proximity to Teanassie School and the nearby houses. NG replied that several options had been assessed and due to the curvature of the road this was the best option. However EE were happy to look at alternatives if the Community could identify any. He confirmed that the alignment of the aerials was along the road both east to Kilmorack and west to Crask. The Community Council would inform the local residents of the options. JS thanked NG for attending the meeting.
  • Beauly CC extension of Community Boundaries. After consideration and discussion of a draft response the Community Council agreed that the response to the review be sent that we do not agree with the changes to our boundary. Proposed by JG, seconded by JS and all agreed, JS had proxy from Duncan Fraser and Steve Byford which agreed the response.  Discussion also considered the option of a new path to the Lovat Bridge by the River which KCC would be prepared to re-consider as an option for access to the Groam and would be prepared to work with BCC to deliver.
  • Gritting Response: JG had contacted John Taylor (THC) and clarified that the gritting had taken place as usual, Conditions had been challenging. Further clarification that the gritters put an extra burst on junctions which is what mislead residents to believe that was all that was being done. JG asked John Taylor to convey our thanks to the gritting team who had been working in particularly difficult conditions.
  • School Bus changes – Some single deck buses used but variable. MH to contact MD to clarify problems. (8.40pm MH left)
  • Lovat Bridge Car Park Closure – JS reported some minor parking issues in Wester Balblair and the situation may call for an impact assessment of the closure and parking restrictions on the road into the Groam. It was considered that we should explore the possibility of a meeting with Lovat Estates in the future if issue still ongoing.
  • KCC Insurance – Our Insurance now has to be paid direct to Zurich Municipal, or an insurer of our choice, but THC will be providing our grant in full without any deductions.
  • We were made aware of the potential of two adjoining wind farm applications by Airvolution in the Erchless, Aigas, Breakachy, Farley lands.

Chairman’s Report: – No Report

Vice Chairman’s Report: No Report

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:

  • Reminder of reports required for AGM in April

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Balance £2189.78

Planning Matters: No Planning applications

AOCB:

  • Wind blown rubbish from Global site. JS to speak to Chris Bremner at Breedons.
  • Water pooling at corner drain by the Rookery. Drain blocked. Also more pothole issues. JS to photograph and JG to contact THC. 

Next meeting: Thursday 4th April 2019 – 7.30pm AGM and 7.45pm meeting.  Ffordes Photographic(the Kirk)           

Meeting Closed: 9.15pm                                                                            

Signed:                                                              

SB-Small 

 Steve Byford

Chairman           

Advertisements