Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 5th September 2019 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice Chair) Mary Graham (Secretary), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), John Graham, Cllr.Emma Knox.
Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Mark Hedderwick(L)
Meeting commenced: 19.40hrs
Minutes of the previous meeting Thursday 6th June 2019 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Steve Byford, seconded by Duncan Fraser – Approved.
Police Scotland: No Officer available. MG read KCC area report. Digital Policing Info Document also received.
- Kilmorack Cemetery – Many adverse comments on Beauly FB page. To consolidate: Fencing has been erected over the summer months at our request to prevent people walking from the water point over the adjoining graves to the distress of those families. The fence has effectively defined the lines and people are keeping to the centre line of the graves. A more pertinent complaint was growth of the beech hedge which is out of control. Discussions with Cemeteries to address the problem have not provided a solution yet. Cllr. Helen Carmichael has requested a meeting with Hugh Gardner, bereavements officer, at his earliest convenience and a response to our requests for clarification on outstanding issues. The issue of a pothole at the entrance, whilst annoying, should be taken into context with the problems that Cemeteries have but should be pursued as and when possible.
- Groam Parking issues – Possible resolutions ongoing. Safety issues resulted in bollards being installed by THC in front of the War Memorial.
- Altyre/Toll path maintenance contract – Connor Black is no longer available. JS has discussed with Simon Dakin and subject to approval of KCC will offer the work within a fixed price agreement. JS will also contact lighting dept with reference overgrown foliage and dirty lenses on the Toll path.
- Broken hand rail on Toll Bypass path – now repaired.
- Lovat Bridge – Rubbish. JS and his wife litter picked the area and JS installed two litter signs one in Kilmorack CC area and one with agreement of Kiltarlity Community Council on their CC area.
- Altyre Bench – needs re-varnishing. DF to investigate.
- KCC Elections – reminder and timetable about forthcoming elections given. Discussion on how to encourage Community Members to engage. THC will be promoting the elections shortly.
- Noise Issues WB – Wood Group for SSE continuing to monitor at three locations: JS House, The Groam and Substation.
- SB to have meeting with Gregor MacCormick (EHO) and Lord Lovat on Tuesday 10th September.
- Breedon Quarry CLG – Connection paths completion. Breedon to liaise with Kelly Scott(SSE)
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- JS reported on the visit to Spittal converter station with SSE and accompanied by Bill Fraser (Kiltarlity Community Council). Full report is attached.
- Balance £3340.70.
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- THC Quality Awards. An agreement to nominate Alan Johnstone was passed.
- Aird Community Action Collective – SB has been invited by Cllr. Margaret Davidson to a meeting at the Phipps Hall on Fri 20th September at 11.30am. SB unable to attend but deputes JS to represent KCC.
- IACCF(JG and MJ attended) – Community Council’s Review and elections were to be discussed but THC official failed to attend.
- Defibrillator – The Circuit. Scottish Ambulance Service now require us to register on The Circuit, a national database. KCC have complied.
- 18 Torgormack. Extensions and alterations to house. No objection raised.
- SB reported road markers on Altyre had been damaged by SSE’s contractors. JG to pursue options for replacement.
Next meeting: Thursday 3th October 2019 – 7.30pm Ffordes Photographic (the Kirk)
Meeting Closed: 9.40pm