Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 3rd October 2019 at the ‘The Kirk, Wester Balblair’ at 7.30pm
Present: Steve Byford (Chair), John Stewart (Vice Chair) Mary Graham (Secretary), John Graham, Cllr.Emma Knox.
Apologies: Cllr. Margaret Davidson, Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Duncan Fraser, Mark Hedderwick
Meeting commenced: 19.33hrs
Minutes of the previous meeting Thursday 5th September 2019 were taken as read and accepted as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Steve Byford, seconded by John Stewart – Approved.
Police Scotland: No Officer available. MG read KCC area report.
- Kilmorack Cemetery – Complaints on Social Media of overflowing rubbish bins not being emptied recently and the grass a mess. Also recurring comments about sunken lairs and the overgrown hedge. EK had chased Cemeteries re the bins. JG referred to a previous meeting with Cemeteries when THC had undertaken to address these issues. In this case grass cuttings were probably the result of mowing when the grass was very wet and the bins had possibly been filled with a clear up of dead flowers. This is an ongoing problem and Ward Councillors had discussed this at a recent meeting when Cemeteries had undertaken to address the sunken lairs issue on an annual or bi-annual basis. It has been suggested again that a Friends of Kilmorack Cemetery be formed with could address these issues directly. It was suggested that contact be established with the area manager who might prove more forthcoming.
- Loch nam Bonnach – Off road motor cycles had resulted in many complaints from the Community. Police had been called on several occasions but had not attended. Intimidation of the stalker was of concern. THC Access Rights Officer to be contacted for advice and then a contact with Hatfield Farms.
- Beaufort Woodland Visitor Accommodation Proposal – SB, MG and JG attended a pre planning public information event at Kiltarlity Hall. Plans were for an initial 50 holiday lodges plus twelve Glamping Tents followed by Phase 2 of a further thirty lodges. Development in Phase 1 would include café/Restaurant, site shop and administration block. There were a number of concerns expressed including the increase of traffic servicing nearly a hundred units most using the main Kiltarlity junction on the Beauly to Inverness Road. Also is the issue of the increase of parking in Beauly Square. The overall feeling was that this was out of proportion to the area. Write to Savills, expressing our concerns and asking clarification on the use of the shuttle bus and the opportunity for Community Benefits in shared access to the River Walk. It was felt that some Planning Gain should be directed to upgrading the main turning on the A833/A862 junction.
Vice Chairman’s Report:
- Aird Community Action Collective – JS and JG attended. Most of the meeting was a presentation by Planning on a future SG Place Planning proposal for land use requiring Community Councils to hold meetings with Communities with a view to establishing a future land use map. This runs parallel to the Local Area Plan and Moray Firth Plan in this area. Planners are only required to take note of the Place Plan alongside the established planning controls. This was not the discussion that was expected and, if adopted, would impose considerable work on the Community Councillors.
Treasurer’s Report: No change from last month.
Secretary’s Business and Correspondence:
- Community Council Elections – Time table reminder.
- ACF Annual General Meeting 7th October at Magnus House.
- SSE CLG – Wednesday 23rd October at Lovat Arms – tbc – MG to contact Kelly Scott to confirm.
Planning Matters: No applications
- Western Isles Convertor Station, Wester Balblair – Request consideration of the possibility of re-location to Fairburn Wind Farm with underground connection to WB. Contact Cllr M. Davidson and Cllr. Helen Carmichael and the Planning Office about noise concerns after seven years of problems and of the cumulative impact of the convertor and existing transmission hub on the Community.
Next meeting: Thursday 7th November 2019 – 7.30pm Ffordes Photographic (the Kirk)
Meeting Closed: 9.38pm
Steve Byford, Chairman