Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 8th September 2022 at Beauly Bowls Club starting at
Present: Steve Byford(Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham, John Stewart(Vice-Chair),
Graeme Mackay, Mark Hedderwick, John Graham(Secretary)
Apologies: Cllr. David Fraser, Cllr. Chris Balance, Cllr. Emma Knox, Cllr. Helen Crawford
Guests: Bryony Beck, Visit Loch Ness Tourism
Meeting Commenced at 19.30hrs (7.30pm)
• SB asked for a minutes silence to mark the death of Her Majesty Queen Elisabeth who
passed away this afternoon.
• SB stated the meeting would be curtailed in deference to the sad news recently received
although urgent matters would be briefly dealt with.
• Bryony Beck of Visit Inverness Loch Ness Tourism was invited to present a short resume of
• It was reported that the Caulternich Battery Storage planning application had been refused
but that that decision could be appealed.
• Secretary asked approval for the acquisition of a Wreath for the British Legion service of
Commemoration. £30 was agreed.
• The part funding of a response to the scoping report from Ian Kelly to the Fairburn Extension was approved and it should be presented in the KCC name.
• 10th September World Suicide Prevention Day. With several attempts recently on the
Kessock Bridge the Chairman asked the secretary to publish the information to the Kilmorack Hall FB page.
• DF confirmed that recent bills for Simon Dakin and the RBL had been paid but we were still
in funds. It was agreed that Simon Dakin should address the growth of gorse beside the
The meeting was then closed and further business was deferred to Thursday 22nd September 2022,
again at the Beauly Bowls Club.
Meeting Closed: at 19.52hrs (7.52pm)
Next Meeting: Thursday 22nd September at Beauly Bowls Club starting at 7.30pm