Minutes of Meeting, Thursday 7th April 2022

Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 7th April 2022 by Zoom starting at 8.00pm.

Present: Steve Byford(Chair), Duncan Fraser(Treasurer), Mary Graham,  Graham Mackay, John Graham(Secretary), Cllr David Fraser,  Cllr Emma Knox

Apologies: John Stewart,Cllr. Helen Carmichael, Cllr Emma Knox

Guests: Iain Stewart

Meeting Commenced at 20.03hrs (8.03pm)

Minutes of Previous Meeting Wednesday 3rd March 2022 – Proposed DF, Seconded SB. Passed.

Police Scotland: No report.

Matters Arising:

  • Ditches and Drains – Meeting with John Taylor has yet to take place but the situation in Russia has meant a shortage of bitumen which will seriously impact on road repairs just when funding was available. However this should allow concentration on ditches and culverts which could be to our benefit.
  • Ukraine – Three donations/fund raising events from Aigas Community Forest, Aigas Golf Club and Ffordes Photographic have shown the Community generosity and Steve Byford has made one of houses available for refugees but had found the system cumbersome and frustrating. Cllr Margaret Davidson said both the Home Office and Scottish Government had been cumbersome and a lot of red tape needing cutting out. However as these were women and children proper checks were necessary and that was understood. Hopefully the system will improve shortly.
  • Beauly Kilmorack Trust – SB reported that he had been contacted by Beauly CC and had asked for further details. GM had been in some discussions but was still awaiting more detail. Cllr. Margaret Davidson commented that there are considerable grants available but as CCs are not corporate bodies they must establish a trust to access them. ACF and KCH are trusts and may provide an avenue to access funding. However they have defined objectives. GM to liaise with Beauly CC and further discuss options.
  • SSE £1million Resilience Fund. The Secretary reported he had suggested to KCH to revisist the option of making the hall ready for connection to a generator and made them aware that funds are available. SB commented that since the winter storms and potential climate changes we should address this issue with a mind that funding is available. A register of qualified Chainsaw operators was one suggestion. SB asked that the Council apply there thoughts to measures that would benefit the Community and the Secretary liaise with KCH.

Chairman’s Business:

  • The Chairman expressed some regret but understanding that Cllr. Margaret Davidson was retiring as a Councillor at the forthcoming May elections. He thanked her for all her support over the years and this was fully supported by the rest of the Community Councillors. MD said that she would still be around and had enjoyed her relationship with Kilmorack CC. She remarked that Energy Security had become the latest Government edict and that will impact Wester Balblair. There were grand schemes for Scotland and we will need to address these directly and make our voices heard. The Chair joined the rest of the Community Council in wishing Cllr Davidson the best for the future.

Vice Chairman: No business

Secretary’s Business and Correspondence: No business

Treasurer:

  • DF confirmed the balance stood at £3919.71.

Planning Applications:

  • One planning application had been circulated to the Council but no issues identified.

ANOB:

  • Kilmorack Cemetery is looking to extend and the Chair requested that the Secretary contacted Hugh Gardener of the Cemeteries to arrange a meeting to discuss options.

Meeting Closed: at 20.57hrs (8.57pm)

Next Meeting: Tuesday 3rd May at 8.00pm (by Zoom).

Signed: